music while you ride

Discussion in 'Next Generation' started by poop_007, Jun 19, 2005.

1. poop_007

poop_007 New Member

hey,

just wondering how many of you guys listen to music while you do any types of riding. what do you listen to? do you listen on cd's, mp3's?

i listen to rock, and some hip hop, anything that will keep me going.

Tags:

2. TRiM

TRiM New Member

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing not so long ago. I know they're a couple of rock songs that get me going and some Chemical Brothers beats. If anyone has some music titles they would like to share, PLEASE POST! :D

3. TrekDedicated

TrekDedicated New Member

311, Splinter Cell 3 soundtrack, Paul Oakenfold, Halo 2 soundtrack, etc etc.

4. cyclingcarve31

cyclingcarve31 New Member

Not a good idea, Only if you are on an abannoded road or something. You have to hear the cars and not worth getting hit

5. ChangMan

ChangMan New Member

I listen to just about everything. I have everything from Marilyn Manson to Enya on my iPod. I've recently been hooked on a DJ Sammy album though.

6. Madhouse159

Madhouse159 New Member

as im mostly offroad anyway i can afford to take the risk of listening to music :)

Downhill: Bullet For My Valentine, Trivium or From First to Last (sadly im barely halfway through the song when i reach the bottom)

Flat surface / climbs: 3 Doors Down, July For Kings

technical off-roading: nothing as the only rides like that around here involve bombing along a footpath, uve gotta be able to hear the dog walkers:rolleyes: .

7. orbearider1212

orbearider1212 New Member

I listen to rock and rap/hip hop but the main thing that keeps me in a rhythm is techno music. If you just try and pedal to the beat you will be awsome.

8. KeSs

KeSs New Member

Trance/House/Hard House/Hard Trance = :D:eek:......nothing compares when riding

9. Xboy

Xboy New Member

:cool: Anything with a good and steady beat. This helps keep steady peadling but dont get it to fast. I prefer country havent found anything to reacomend but like the banjo and harmonica. (i play the harminica.) This is a good catagory but if you want a real beat altough i wouldn recomend it is hip hop.

10. roadbikeman

roadbikeman New Member

Not a wise thing to do, you need your ears when cycling on the road to hear car engines, hazards and people.

But it is good for removing those idiots from the gene pool. :)

11. trackman23434

trackman23434 New Member

i agree, if i had music playing, i would go crazy in the first 3 minutes not being able to hear what is going on around me

12. Virenque

Virenque New Member

I bought MP3 player week ago and it`s great. I still hear cars, music motivates me a lot and the most important, it`s not so boring.:)I mostly listen dance and rock music.

13. PartisanRanger

PartisanRanger New Member

I don't listen to music while riding, but in my head I play "Eye of the Tiger" and "Push It to the Limit" over and over again, especially on the hills :p.

14. Virenque

Virenque New Member

I hate when I play a song in my head! I want to stop but I can`t!

15. serendipity

serendipity New Member

I have an MP3 player that I ride with...a lot of country songs, but also Pennywise, Offspring, AFI, Blink 182, ATB, Garbage, Green Day (i love their new CD). However, I normally play it so quiet anyway because I like to hear the cars around me when I ride on the road. Does anyone else get concerned about hearing the cars pass them on the road?

16. IEatRice4Dinner

IEatRice4Dinner New Member

i usually listen to metal and rock, Ozzy, metallica, dream theater. but i notice when im on the trainer i like harder stuff like Mudvayne, Kill-switch-en-guage, system of a down.... it gets me goin.

17. fury4

fury4 New Member

I actually had an MP3 player and tool it back because I was concerned that I would get hit by a car. Where I ride in PA there is no room on the side of the road to ride. Stinks not to have music, but better to be alive!

18. velodrome.co.nr

velodrome.co.nr New Member

i love a bit of oasis whilst on the turbo

19. serendipity

serendipity New Member

I hear you!! I kept mine because I also run and lift a lot. But the rides were sometimes painfully long because I had no music. Better for racing practice, but not for overdistance days. So now I put the headphone in my right ear only! Not perfect, but it's something :)

20. Future-pro

Future-pro New Member

Riding on the road listening to music is quite possibly the stupidist idea ever you need full use of your ears to remain safe and in my opinion its a lot more pleasant when riding through the countryside if your not listening to music just nature as it were