*** music ***

*Alice

Oct 3, 2004
What music do you listen to? (list them!)
and what's currently spinning in your cd player?
:) :) :)

*Alice said:
What music do you listen to? (list them!)
and what's currently spinning in your cd player?
:) :) :)

The Killers, Interpol, and the new U2 single "Vertigo" a good song to get me going.

philhudson said:
50 cent, lloyd banks, g unit, dizzee rascal, radio.....charge fm
belinda carlisle, fergal sharkey, milli vanilli....they all get my walkman moving and my leg warmers groovin'

Kraftwerk
Jean Michel Jarre
Rammstein
Erasure
Sarah Brightman (seeing her tonight live)
Karl Bartos
Delerium
Enigma
Yanni

Currenty listening to (well 10mins back) Nik Kershaw.

byron27 said:
belinda carlisle, fergal sharkey, milli vanilli....they all get my walkman moving and my leg warmers groovin'
damn you, so your the one who stole my collection, wait till i get my...........

actually,

incredible string band
john butler trio
xavier rudd
john lee hooker
jeff healy band
stevie Ray V
jeff beck

Currently listening to ...
SLAM - Essential Mix from 2001. ( I have a lot of past BBC Essential Mixes)

Recently d/loaded and listened...
The Prodigy - Girls (awesome choon)
Electro Breakdance (old skool electro mix cd)
The Smiths - Louder than Bombs
New Order - The Best Of
Buena Vista Social Club
Fatboy Slim - Palookaville

Night Ranger not sure which CD is in the player. Was looking for Uriah Heep to start the day. Could not find it so I put in Night Ranger for my wife. The CD I removed was ASIA AQUA.

In the care I have UFO in the CD player. It is the live bonus CD that came with Covenent. The CD I removed was Iron Maiden Brave New World.

Not brave enough to be listening to music on the computer these days. Might get a computer just for music.

A couple of colorado bands worth checking out are http://youcallthat-art.com and http://benparkdrive.com

I saw You Call That Art? open up for Quiot Riot as the local act. Now I catch them every time I can. You Call That Art? are not as hard as the other bands I mention. But they are not wimpy. Okay Window Washer Who's Afraid of Heights may be a bit wimpy but they were just joking around with that one.

Ben Park Drive is Creedish but with female vocales.

Most of time I`m listening radio! I set 10 radio stations and so I always find something I like!

- Interpol (i have my ticket to see them next wednesday!!!! woohoo!!)
- The Cure
- The Stills

I have mostly listen to new stuff but recently I have been reaching back to the 70s and early 80s. I have been listening to Television, Gang of Four, Talking Heads, The English Beat, The Clash, and The Specials.

Primarily 311! They get me pumped up.

But of course Stan Getz and Joe Henderson distract me as well.

Neil Young, Pearl Jam, Third Eye Blind, Panzerlied, Luftwaffe Song, sound track from Cycling Manager 2, etc...

Lots of Dylan, I'm getting into Jack Johnson lately, and the new Aussie singer Missy Higgins. Another gem of a find was Lullaby Baxter - check her out you'll be gald you did.

Varies day to day-
one day it'll be old Trojan Label Ska, next it's the Ramones- some days it's alt country... right now its the Kinks- Tomorrow it'll be psychobilly all day, and after that who knows
My cd player is 3 400 disk changers- I em daisy chained together (there is only one thing I love more then the bike:D ) so I'm not going to list whats in em:)
I hope someone recognizes the T-Rex referrence in my handle and avatar...someday

Currently spinning - Uncle Devil Show: A Terrible Beauty

Others I currently like (even though most of them have been around a while):

• Oasis
  • Pearl Jam
  • Del Amitri
  • Great Big Sea
  • Wallflowers
  • R.E.M.
  • Nirvana
  • Counting Crows
  • Creed
  • many others...