*** music ***

*Alice said:
- Interpol (i have my ticket to see them next wednesday!!!! woohoo!!)
- The Cure
- The Stills

nice, where you seeing Interpol , is it a good size venue? I haven't seen them yet. Yea, the Cure is an old Fav, haven't listen to them in awhile. A friend told me to get the Stills awhile back, I forgot the name of the cd and in my confusion bought the "the Thrills", I think they're an Irish band w/ a sunny California sound, not bad. Who names these band anywez? :D

meehs said:
Currently spinning - Uncle Devil Show: A Terrible Beauty

Others I currently like (even though most of them have been around a while):
  • Oasis
  • Pearl Jam
  • Del Amitri
  • Great Big Sea
  • Wallflowers
  • R.E.M.
  • Nirvana
  • Counting Crows
  • Creed
  • many others...
Huh- you got any uncle Tupelo? I think you'd like them if you don't

kbs23 said:
nice, where you seeing Interpol , is it a good size venue? I haven't seen them yet. Yea, the Cure is an old Fav, haven't listen to them in awhile. A friend told me to get the Stills awhile back, I forgot the name of the cd and in my confusion bought the "the Thrills", I think they're an Irish band w/ a sunny California sound, not bad. Who names these band anywez? :D
I've never been to the Docks (the venue). I saw Interpol this summer when they did the Curiosa Tour with The Cure, that's how I found out about them. They were great! Did you get their latest album, Antics? it's pretty good. (i prefer TUrn on the bright lights though)

Hmmm, currently in the CD player, Latcho Drom (traditional gypsy and flamenco) although it was System of a Down on the way home from work today.

hmm... ill just name off a few bands i listen to

audioslave, godsmack, metallica (gettin into the older stuff), Led Zeppelin, DMB, STP, koRn, static X, Linkin Park (shut up haters :p -i used to hate em too), shinedown, tantric, rage against the machine, and dido and the cranberries!

yea..

Anti-Flag
AFI
Box Car Racer
Creed
Led Zepplin
ACDC
Jimmy Hendrix
Nirvana
P.O.D.
Tenacious D
System of a Down
Cake

stuff like that

Pink Floyd (prefer with Roger Waters).
Roger Waters
AC/DC
Tony Carey (don't worry few people know who he is)
John Lee Hooker
Muddy Waters
Meat Loaf
Moody Blues (as long as pre-1985)
Evenesence

Actually I'm currently looking to explore some new bands. The groups I like aren't very prolific anymore. Of course maybe if I get out of the 80s rut I'm in. :p

Telegram Sam said:
Huh- you got any uncle Tupelo? I think you'd like them if you don't

I don't have any Uncle Tupelo, but I'll check them out. Thanks for the tip!

Pretty eclectic mix here:

Blues/Rock - Indigenous (current fav), Robben Ford, Robin Trower (oldie but goodie)

Classic Rock - Boston, Foreigner, Moody Blues, Santana

EZ Listening/Pop - Nat King Cole, Barry Manilow, Abba

Oldies - Leslie Gore, Elvis, Beatles, Temptations

Jazz - Keith Jarrett, Pat Methaney, Gary Burton

Country - Suzy Boguss, Martina McBride, Randy Travis

World - Paul Winter Consort, Arabic Groove, Gor Mkhitarian

We've got a 300 +1 cd changer that's almost full, not nearly Telegram Sam's capacity, but since I work 60 hours/week it seems to be enough. ;)

I rarely listen, usually play, both cases almost always classical. Favourite composer - Poulenc. Currently I listen to Prokofiev.

Bob dylan is my favorite. Among others are miles davis[and all good jazz in general], steve earle, cat stevens, dwite yokam, j. cash, the stones, john prine, hendrix, blue grass, have a good deal of respect for woody gutrie. totaly dislike all this new hip hop rap !@#$ [no offence to any one]. Rhight now im listening to bob dylan live 1966.

well, well, well-heres a list of whats gets me through tough days on the home trainer, i love my death/black metal

insomniam, fintroll, ill disposed, bleeding through, cannibal corpse, carcass, opeth, berzerker, defleshed, damaged, deicide, meshuggah, arch enemy, nile, gorgoroth, slayer, sepultura, the red chord, dillenger escape plan, crytopsy, in flames, kakatonia, dark tranquiltiy, behemoth, children of bodom, Morbid Angel, God dethroned, Therion, hate eternal, dimmu borgir, funeral mist, ragnorok, dark funeral, destroyer 666, blood bath, skinless, vermin, vennom, pungent stench, mayhem, immortal, emperor, burzum, sinergy, 6 feet under, Psycroptic, grindflesh, celtic frost, death, godflesh,cancer, brutal truth, coven, atrohpy, immolation, malevolent creation, rigor mortis, gorefest, disgorge, oppressor, obituary, pantera, mortician, grave,mangled, exhumed, kalmah, insision, psychotogen, from these wounds, kill switch engage, lake of tears, vader, bathory, cradle of filth, hectate enthorned, murduk, mudvayne, lamb of god, devil driver, solefald, Uzeb, ataraxia, darkthrone, enslaved, ulver, at the gates, dismember, amon amarth, dissection, coroner, merauder, canivore,arcturus, kovenant,amorphis, entombed, darkane, sacramentum, soilwork, judas iscariot, devolved, beijing tank (local brisbane metal), fear factory, krision, my dying bride, dodheimesgard, bilshirnir, kult ov azazel, morgana leafy, eyehategod, armoured saint, strapping young lad, burnt by the sun, solefad, old mans child, zyklon, myrkskog, limbronic art, thorn, gehena, satyricon, suffocation, dawn of relic, december wolves, monstrosity, divine empire

fools do not listen to music while on the road . you need allyour wits about you unless you are on a desolate road . thats nowhere in south yorkshire or north notts. at home or when on the turbo for the mature rider it is robert cray bobby womack with a sprinkling of motown.

Breaking Benjamin, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, The Cranberries, Atomship, AC/DC, Disturbed, Carbon Leaf

On the road I prefer to hear what's going on around me, but when I'm not on the road
Tom Petty (big favourite of mine) Red Hot Chilli Peppers Counting Crows Toploader Phantom of the Opera Country music and I also love classical/opera

admitted metal-philiac:

Altered Aeon
Darkane
Testament
Vicious Rumours
Forbidden
Coroner

i dig some other stuff:

Radiohead
Yes
Genesis
Dead Can Dance
Porcupine Tree

& classical:

Bach
Albinoni
de Murcia
Beethoven
Brahms
Weber
Lully

etc.

Cds in the car:

Corrosion of Conformity- Deliverance
Faith No More- The Real Thing
Stevie Ray Vaughn- Greatest hits Vol II
Allman Brothers- An Evening with the Allmans (first set)
Dream Theater- Falling into Infinity.

Other favorite artists include (but are not limited to):
Rush, Jeff Healey, Zepplin, Deep Purple, Yes, Santana, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Pride & Glory, Georgia Sattelites, Blues Traveler, Bill Ingvol and John Pinette
Check out my Yahoo radio station- king4wd1 under music at Yahoo.com

Hey , who uses CD players anymore. Flash memory drives (MP3/WMA players) are much more fun.

Nick Cave (especially "Bring it on" for hills")
John Butler Trio
David Bridie
Go Betweens
Midnight Oil
Radio Birdman
Ed Hamell
Not Drowning Waving