Forwarded message from "G.Subramaniam" <[email protected]>

[ From: "G.Subramaniam" <[email protected]>

[ Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:32:35 -0500

Gynecologist gets 45 years for abusing patients

The Associated Press The Marion Star Thursday, February 19, 2004

CLEVELAND (AP) -- A gynecologist was sentenced Wednesday to 45 years in prison for raping a patient
and fondling others during medical examinations.

Standing in court in handcuffs and tan jail overalls, Azzam Ahmed, 57, denied any wrongdoing.

manner, I swear to the soul of the creator of the universe, I never, ever intended to assault any of
these patients," Ahmed said. "I love them all. I gave them the best quality any physician can ever
give them, absolutely."

Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Judge Shirley Strickland

have to register his address for public notification upon release from prison. The judge also fined
him $95,000.

Ahmed, of suburban Moreland Hills, was convicted last

counts were merged into the rape counts.

Three victims spoke in court before sentencing, and statements from three others were read. The
judge asked reporters not to identify the victims.

"You are a sick, sick man," one woman told Ahmed. "What you did to your victims repulses me. I can't
explain the damage he has done in my life and I hope the court gives him the most the law will allow
so he will know what it feels to be stripped of dignity."

Defense lawyer Henry Hilow said he plans to appeal the conviction. He asked the judge to consider
that the jury convicted Ahmed on 20 charges involving 15 women and acquitted him on 30 charges.
Hilow said Ahmed has had thousands of patients in 28 years of medical practice and was highly
regarded by those patients.

http://www.marionstar.com/news/stories/20040219/localnews/443754.html

End of forwarded message from "G.Subramaniam" <[email protected]>

Jai Maharaj http://www.mantra.com/jai Om Shanti

Panchaang for 2 Phalgun 5104, Sunday, February 22, 2004:

Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Uttarayane Moksh Ritau Kumbh Mase Shukl Pakshe Bhanu Vasara Yuktayam
Uttaraprostapad Nakshatr Sadhya-Shubh Yog Taitil-Gar Karan Triteeya Yam Tithau

Hindu Holocaust Museum http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy http://www.hindu.org http://www.hindunet.org

The truth about Islam and Muslims http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the educational purposes of research and
open discussion. The contents of this post may not have been authored by, and do not
necessarily represent the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works. o If you send private e-mail to me, it
will likely not be read, considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number. o Posted for information
and discussion. Views expressed by others are not necessarily those of the poster.