Must have an Armstrong bobblehead in his car...

tonyzackery

Dec 23, 2006
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/03/news/georgia-congressman-questions-fda-investigation-of-armstrong-doping-allegations_163459

Somewhat suprised it took this long for some congressperson to do some political grandstanding on LA's behalf. Most not suprising is
this guy's attack on Novitzky for doing his job all the while talking out of both sides of his mouth - "This is a huge icon (LA) that your agency is trying to take down - and maybe(?!) it should, I'm not saying you're wrong on this." LOL!

Appears this guy, hailing from a 'bible belt state' nonetheless, forgot that "the truth shall make you free"...perhaps he just doesn't want to know that there's no such thing as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy; isn't it so nice to allow those fairy tales to perpetuate a child's innocence, or in this case - a nation's or a world's innocence? The story's just too warm and fuzzy to tear down, right?

Do you think he voiced concern over cost and time expended on the Balco investigation ? Neither do I. Also gotta wonder how much LA contributed or will contribute to this guy's re-election bid...

This entire ordeal is a big waste of tax payers money. Yea Novitzsky took down baseball. Last time I looked the steroid abusers in that sport are still making hundreds of millions.

I tend to agree with you. I liken it to pursuing the defense of a civil claim or settling out of court rather than pay the expense of a trial. You look at the cost , time spent and what is to be gained.
Sometime you have to go the distance if you think the outcome is worth it. I just don't see the monumental gains in this investigation. I forsee a large increase of Armstrong threads on forums.
The media will show him in a favorable light no matter what and this will bolster public opinion.
He has cancer survivorship and a come from behind immunity hall pass, found guilty or not. This is my opinion.

The moral of the story - as some would have you to believe:
Don't attempt to go all iconoclastic against someone who can be a popular and sympathetic witness on his/her behalf. Go after someone for whom the collective and majority conscience won't be affected - someone like a Barry Bonds. As such, they (whoever they are) won't question the money or time you spend...

Doing the right thing is always right...the message sent here trumps the cost and time expended - if it can be proven that you've built a house-of-cards-like multi-million dollar career on lies and cheating, regardless how big you've become, you can come crashing down too like Enron and Arthur Andersen, WorldCom, et al...

Reactions: daveryanwyoming
That's is relevant to my point Tony. Now I am not privy to evidence and only know what I read and a little that I hear from the cycling community but from that I am not thinking there is enough evidence to make anything stick.

From where cometh smoke, there be-ith fire.
And I'm certain anyone can agree there's been enough smoke coming from LA's camp to warrant an investigation...
I can agree that absent a dirty syringe (as in the case of Roger Clemens), the feds will have an extremely difficult task in proving LA used PEDs. Regardless, that doesn't preclude an investigation from occurring into the allegations against him and his retinue...just proves LA has good and extremely powerful political connections, and is basically made of teflon...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/03/news/georgia-congressman-questions-fda-investigation-of-armstrong-doping-allegations_163459

Somewhat suprised it took this long for some congressperson to do some political grandstanding on LA's behalf. Most not suprising is
this guy's attack on Novitzky for doing his job all the while talking out of both sides of his mouth - "This is a huge icon (LA) that your agency is trying to take down - and maybe(?!) it should, I'm not saying you're wrong on this." LOL!

Appears this guy, hailing from a 'bible belt state' nonetheless, forgot that "the truth shall make you free"...perhaps he just doesn't want to know that there's no such thing as Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy; isn't it so nice to allow those fairy tales to perpetuate a child's innocence, or in this case - a nation's or a world's innocence? The story's just too warm and fuzzy to tear down, right?

Do you think he voiced concern over cost and time expended on the Balco investigation ? Neither do I. Also gotta wonder how much LA contributed or will contribute to this guy's re-election bid...

Interesting point but there's no need to wonder. A quick search will show you who sponsored his campaigns and bills over the past years. Any amount given must have been piffling small, or under the guise of a company, as it doesn't show.

Maybe, in running headlong into the forest looking for enlightenment, you ended up barking up the wrong tree.

... so finding out the facts before making a comment is "misguided?"

Welcome to the weird and wonderful world of Tony.

^^^yawn...

As I've requested on previous threads, someone please stick something in the above person's mouth because my zipper's stuck...absent that, he/she should simply go ride their bike and do alot less sittin' on their brain...

^^^yawn...

As I've requested on previous threads, someone please stick something in the above person's mouth because my zipper's stuck...absent that, he/she should simply go ride their bike and do alot less sittin' on their brain...
Not sure how many times you've popped this little gem up. A secret fantasy of yours?

Unlike your self administered ibuprofen, my current riding requires doctor provided vicoden. I would ride more if I could.

And for a second there I though it was in a public forum...

... all I did was say that there's no need to wonder if the guy is in Armstrong pocket, or if Armstrong had donated money as such things are supposed to be made public and listed. There are many records of donations and earmarks for the senator but none under the name of Lance Armstrong.

Your insinuation of possible donations heavily weighs your arguement towards him speaking up about Lance because of such things and away from other possible alternatives such as he really does think it's a waste of money.

Again, if you'd taken the time to read about the story from other news agencies you'd realise that it's not just Kingston who has issues with Novitzky. Even FDA Commissioner Margaret Hamburg has concerns. I'd hardly rate VeloNews as a great source of political info - sometimes I wonder if its a great place to go for bike news.

"Hamburg said the joint investigation with the Department of Justice was ongoing, and that she could not get into specifics. But she said she also had questions about how the FDA's investigative arm prioritizes its investigations.

"I appreciate your concerns," Hamburg told Kingston, "and have raised some similar concerns myself."

Kingston's remarks come as House Republicans are considering the FDA's request for a record $4.4 billion, a 33 percent increase over the agency's FY 2010 budget."

Full story:
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/other/149033-goper-blasts-fdas-lance-armstrong-investigation-at-budget-hearing

LOL! What a joke! The anonomous little person attempts to play the innocent role - "all I did was say..." Folks that have been around here for the past 2.5yrs(!) know of your silliness...

Just because you're an LA fanboy doesn't nullify Kingston's double-sided grandstanding...Furthermore, LA's two recently publicized undisclosed "donations" to the UCI speak to his rep in the regard at which I posed the rhetorical wondering - enough said on that matter...end.

edit - oh yeah, go ride your bike - you do have one, don't you?

I think Armstrong was ace... I loved the masses of attacking and awesome displays of power. Fantastic stuff. Cycling needs more of that attitude rather than the contador/schleck damp squib. ... But I still think there's a fair to middling chance that he could have been working outside the rules. Recently uncovered UCI donations? Welcome to the middle of last decade Tony. Unlike the UCI, politicians are required by paw to list all donations for campaign funds and funds earmarked for specific Bills. With Pat McQuaid at the helm i dont think the UCI is earmarked for anything but ridicule. Verbruggen wasn't much better... Don't you think it's odd that the FDA commissioner has concerns about Novitzkys activities? ... And what does the fact that the politician in question is the incumbent in a bible belt state have to do with anything? Try coming back with a reasoned argument or a bit of new found insight or maybe some new tidbit of news from another source... Did you get that zipper fixed yet? Shame that an ex pro athlete can't afford pants with zippers that work. ;)

^^^ yawn...of course, to the above person who has obvious reading comprehension problems which can not be helped here...no interest in any dialogue with the anonomous little person - beneath me, to the extreme.

Concentrate on current riders? Sure, be my guest...

Concentrate on current riders? Sure, be my guest...
Armstrong is yesterdays man, everyone should forget about him and move on. The racing is better when you look past the freakin tour de france!

To tonyzackery and swampy1970

Isn't it about time you stopped your childish babbling and took it to PM. I'm getting tired of reading all the immature **** you guys post.

If I ran this forum I'd ban the both of you for a month so you could think about if you want to be members here or not.

^^^ perhaps you should heed your own advice...furthermore, your idiocy is well-known on this forum. In case you weren't aware, hyprocrisy is not virtuous...

LOL! Argue? Me argue with another anonomous little person?! Surely you jest...
Another tip for you - you need to try speaking in the first person, and you only can speak for yourself; i.e. there is no "us" as "us" never made you spokeperson...
Lastly, and I repeat, you really need to heed your own "advice" - if you can..