Must have an Armstrong bobblehead in his car...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

.... Come to think of it, your contributions to this and most other threads in this forum have been most enlightening and well-received by all. Thanks, and keep up the good work.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Thank-you. Unfortunately I can't say the same for yours.

You're most welcome - with all sincerity and due respect...glad I could be of assistance to your formidable psyche.
Now do something constructive and go ride your bike, if you have one...

Originally Posted by steve .

I dare you to.....

I could be an idea to take it down a notch and stay on the threads subject /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif
Actually Steve, after seeing a program on the History Channel about the formation of the Rockies and how much more awesome they look up in Alberta, I was actually serious and not partaking in a pissing contest with Tony about possibly riding a crit up there. It pains me to ride in small circles locally, let alone traveling the length of the country to do one

I've been 'detained' in Canadian customs every time I've been across the border on work trips. They seem to get confused about a green card holder with a British passport. What's all that a-boot?

Now about Armstong. Finally drummed up an opinion of your own Tony or are you just gonna blather on following a badly reported story in a cycling rag that's has a website that's not even worth it's weight in the hard drives it's stored on?

^^^ yawn...not interested in "dialogue" with fictitious idiots (you and your above brothers) entities...sorry pal; not really - just being nice.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

Well then, stop being an anonomous little person and expose yourself (pun intended)...come on over to the lower mainland, get on the starting line with me, and I'll show you how this "old man" deals with the likes your type/img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif...I already know your response, so you join the club with your other two brothers...
I will when you come on over for an Ironman.

So you start a thread and have no interest in discussing it after just making a random comment about the dude coming from the bible belt and attacking everything that was written.

How about a duathlon? Theres a [COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]5km/32km/5km in Penticton in May that maybe more your style?[/COLOR]

Tony only does short events such as crits...
... and based on comments about his new bike, only in dry weather.

Each to their own. Personally, I ride to get away from town centers and business parks.

If you wanna have some fun, come down to Lake Tahoe in June - the Alta Alpina Challenge should provide a bit of interest for you. 8 passes in the high Sierras, 20,000ft of climbing and 200 miles make for an interesting day in the saddle. Some stunning scenery, hard climbs and breathtaking (literally - when it's 36F in the morning) descents. If that's not hard enough then the Everest Challenge in September will test your mettle. Stupid, stupid hard...

I wouldn't mind training for some kind of 24 hour event. I've done some 12 hour team events. I think 24 hours solo would be the ultimate goal for me.

I wouldn't mind having a crack at the Furnace Creek 508 - but getting a support team together for that kinda kills it for me.

24 hours solo - that'd be like riding to the bike store in the next town, right? :p

Interesting comments from a former Federal prosecutor in a recent interview.

"Typically, when federal prosecutors initiate investigations they already know the crime that they are investigating — drug dealing, public corruption, organized crime," said former federal prosecutor Michael Pelgro, who has no involvement to the Armstrong probe.

"Here it appears the prosecutors are trying to determine what the credible facts are and then trying to determine whether those facts amount to a federal crime," said Pelgro, now a private attorney in Boston who defends corporations and their executives in criminal investigations.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycling/2011-02-12-193950000_x.htm