Must-have tools for home use?

[email protected] (Carl Fogel) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>
> > is there a bike club nearby?? maybe a memebr hasa third hand catalog to read. their gone but the
> > catalog isa terrific manual for basic tool thought
>
> Dear Gene,
>
> I miss the Third Hand catalogue, too.
>
> But the company is still in business as Loose Screws (formerly the Third Hand) and offers tools,
> just without the wonderful pictures and comments.
>
> http://www.loosescrews.com
>
> Perhaps they'll get the old catalogue going again.

Check out www.biketoolsetc.com. Their print catalog is great. I think they bought the tool business
from the Third Hand.

[email protected] (Gary Young) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Carl Fogel) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (g.daniels) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

[snip]

> > I miss the Third Hand catalogue, too.
> >
> > But the company is still in business as Loose Screws (formerly the Third Hand) and offers tools,
> > just without the wonderful pictures and comments.
> >
> > http://www.loosescrews.com
> >
> > Perhaps they'll get the old catalogue going again.
> >

> Check out www.biketoolsetc.com. Their print catalog is great. I think they bought the tool
> business from the Third Hand.

Dear Gary,

They look promising! The catalogue seems to be free and there may even be a .pdf version for the
impatient.

Thanks,

Carl Fogel

This may sound like spam, but if you do a lot of work on friends's bikes as well (and as soon as
they find out you know how to fix bikes, they'll ask!), and they happen to be department store
machines (which they usually are). you may wish to invest in the promo wrench kit offered by
Metrinch (http://www.metrinch.com).

Even if you don't tackle SAE bolts and nuts, the wall drive of this set is everything the
infomercial says it is (I know, I have two sets, and have put them through all the same tests),
They're especially useful on alloy bolt heads, as it wont "turn" the corners, and your bike's hexes
stray nice looking.

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

See you on the road. Chris Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner