My 5min power

An old Guy said:
I don't recall if that was your chart or not. But I do remember that the author made comments similar to mine. --- Last time you harrassed me, we were negotiating an experiment to show your claims are false. Something about 90 days of 300+TSS. You walked away. You can do that again.
You don't do experiments, old man. Remember? Except in the case, if I remember correctly, when someone pays you. Given the unreliable and suspicious nature of your claims, why would anyone waste money paying you to screw up an experiment........or to fabricate data?

Quote: Originally Posted by alienator .

You don't do experiments, old man. Remember? Except in the case, if I remember correctly, when someone pays you. Given the unreliable and suspicious nature of your claims, why would anyone waste money paying you to screw up an experiment........or to fabricate data?

I don't do experiments for free. Or because some internet idiot demands I do. Andy Coggan did not do the experiments to support NP, IF, TSS and all those other claims he makes. He know they were false claims used to market TrainingPeaks (whatever they market). It is Andy Coggan's obligation to provide proof that his science is valid. Not mine.

I was asked to back up my claim. I asked for payment for my time. Seemed reasonable. acoggan seemed to be negotiatiing. I agreed to every condition he placed on the data collection. I expected acoggan to require some oversite. But he walked away.

acoggan knows of many people who have no dificulity in proving the claims Andy Coggan makes are false. I suspect he objected to the public believing his calims are false. If he paid for the data, you fellows would be all over it and know Andy Coggan for what he is - a fraud.

----

I made some claim about doing IF well above 100% for hours at a time. acoggan demandeded proof. I quoted a price for FTP testing, several camera men, traffic control and what not - really good experimental data. He walked away from that. But later acoggan posted proof that about 12 people had presented data to him that proved the same claim. He just likes to waste peoples time.

acoggan is a lot like you.

You don't do any experiments old man, certainly not any that falsify your claims. Nah, you just troll and make stuff up.

It seems this got off topic but I want to see the files with all the numbers the OP is posting. I mean we may have the next star in cycling right here as per the doc, talent is everywhere.

I mean every time I see posts I see tons of studies pointed, charts to but never a profile from a ride....gotta love the web. Man if I had those numbers I blow it up, make it into a poster and hang in my man cave!

-js

Ive been on a weight loss programme..... 6kg!
Here are my latest recorded peak power records now at 70.0kg
Also a file from 2 weeks ago that reads me at being 71.5kg when I was 70.0kg but hadn’t changed my weight yet on the cycleops head unit. It has me doing 3x 5min intervals at my coaches requests at 425 watts which is where my intervals are set at the moment.
This was done on a flat road at relative ease during a heavy training block during training, slight head cold . Definitely not fresh.
Most of these records were racing on varied terrain
Hope this helps the Sceptics 5 sec
30 sec
1 min
2 min
3 min
4 min
5 min
10 min
15 min
20 min
30 min
40 min
60 min
90 min
120 min

Hope this is formatted right as im a real novice when it comes to attaching files ect, as u can probably tell from my grid skills haha

cheers

If you're really concerned that a bunch of people on the internet are doubting you, then your problems are bigger than we can help with. :D Seriously, your numbers are good, get out there and start winning races and moving up categories. Races aren't won by numbers on an internet forum.

Cant win!
I agree that they are just numbers at the end of the day and that winning races counts the most.
So now i have problems. Haha.
I think you need to have a good hard look at yourself as i think your the one with problems.
I have looked through what you have posted on various threads and it seems to me you are a very negative person with a chip on your shoulder. Also often chopping people down when querying a certain topic, and being a general know it all.
So i think you should check yourself before making any other comments on this forum.
Happy Days!

Don't worry about the skeptics. I don't think you're a troll because while your numbers are good, they aren't off the charts. For example, my max 5s power when I'm fit is similar to yours and I don't win many sprints. Your 5min power is about 70W better than my best when I'm fit, and your 60min power is about 50W better than my best when I'm fit. But, I've ridden a lot of races against guys with numbers similar to yours.

As to racing, I suggest doing some experimenting. I have never lived close to a track, so I have never given track racing a try. But, I've tried crits, RRs and TTs. I don't much like crits because crashes are inevitable and they're just too short for my taste. I like TTs okay, but it has become quite an arms race with the bikes and equipment so you need to be prepared to make a pretty large investment to be competitive. I prefer road races, the longer and harder the better, and long hill climbs. I just think you need to try out a few of each and see how you like that style of racing. With only 1200W of sprint power, you won't win many sprint finishes, but I think you can do some damage a little further out because I think your AWC is better than most.

Good luck.

I guess you missed the smiley face in my last post. Maybe that massive chip on my shoulder or all those problems I have were blocking it somehow.
big-smile.png

Honestly though you don't need to impress anyone on here. I never doubt the numbers that anyone posts -- they are either true or they aren't. If they are, then the guy's a decent cyclist. If they aren't, then he's a guy posting fake numbers on an internet forum. Doesn't affect my life one way or another!

Anyway, like I said, go out and get racing, you should do well if you can pair those numbers with some tactics and hard work. If races were won by peak power numbers, it'd be pretty boring anyway.

Nice figures! I noticed that there is a very small drop in power from 20 to 60 to 90 min. What ratio is normal between 20 and 60 minutes?

Quote: Originally Posted by matt76 .

Nice figures!

I noticed that there is a very small drop in power from 20 to 60 to 90 min. What ratio is normal between 20 and 60 minutes?

Usually 5-10% different.

Quote: Originally Posted by matt76 .

Nice figures!

I noticed that there is a very small drop in power from 20 to 60 to 90 min. What ratio is normal between 20 and 60 minutes?
That's because he didn't actually do a max power test for each duration. He just cherry-picked his recent best efforts at each duration. If anything, his numbers are understated at each duration. In my case, when I'm fit my MPs at shorter durations as a function of FTP are:
5min 128%
20min 111%
30min 109%
60min 100%

Just like someone else posted, I do not care what numbers are posted true or false but why I can not believe the numbers is that you are not winning with them. Similar how I felt to a never ending thread in the cycling training forum, it just did not make sense to me those kind of numbers and the never ending increase given lots of factors too many too mention but back to the numbers on this post, I just can not see how you are not having everyone eat your dust.

2 hours@320 watts?? At the end of the first hour there should be very few riders left. Not sure what cat and races you are doing but for most amateurs like myself when I was able to hold 260 watts for an hour I could pretty much keep up with 90% of the field out there in my cat.

But hey that is my issue and who cares really but since people are mentioning about doubting numbers that is my reason why I just do not understand why you are not winning races. Or did I misunderstand the level you are currently at.

-js

Just recently i have won a few races. A couple of club races and a biggish event race. I am racing at the elite level in New Zealand. There are no real categories just Elite and recreational really.
No major wins yet but i guess it wont be far away. I just need to learn use my power appropriately, to ride smarter and save my bullets when it really counts as im still learning the art of racing.
The racing here is fairly limited and with a new family its hard to verify a move to Europe or America for a season.

Thanks for all your input guys.
Appreciate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by bjrchch .
I am racing at the elite level in New Zealand.
No major wins yet but i guess it wont be far away. I just need to learn use my power appropriately, to ride smarter and save my bullets when it really counts as im still learning the art of racing.
The racing here is fairly limited and with a new family its hard to verify a move to Europe or America for a season.

Well now it all makes a bit more sense....

I am in Christchurch, give me a txt (027 221 1533) and we could catch up for a coffee. More than happy to talk riding and racing with a power meter. I am doing research on the topic so also looking for subjects!

Hamish

I can confirm Ben is the real deal. His power is genuine and impressive. There is also a willingness to learn how to use his power to convert his ability into more results and he has started racing track to try and develop more as a rider.

Unfortunately the response he received here means he is unlikely to share how he plans to do this and the progress he is making with this forum.

Originally Posted by fergie I can confirm Ben is the real deal. His power is genuine and impressive. There is also a willingness to learn how to use his power to convert his ability into more results and he has started racing track to try and develop more as a rider.

Unfortunately the response he received here means he is unlikely to share how he plans to do this and the progress he is making with this forum.
Wow. I heard that there were some attitudes (*******'*) in cycling.

Sounds like it is not Ben with the problem
"Thanks for all your input guys.
Appreciate it." bjrchch