My bibs are blowing out!

Buckeyes

Dec 17, 2009
Over the winter I have been putting my time in on the trainer but have been blowing through shorts and bibs. I thought it was due to the rollers I was training on but have realized that the left side of my saddle has been abrasive from laying the bike down at the end of last season. I don't want to buy a new seat any ideas on how to smooth out the plastic that got chewed up by the road enough to stop from killing all my bibs?

Not sure what kind of saddle you have especially when you mention plastic. There are some saddle covers but I think most are padded and I can't say I would recommend them of course I never tried one.
Tape might work for a short time but I am pretty sure it will wear fast. Don't have a good suggestion, I bought a new saddle this last season since mine was badly worn on one side.

Replacing that saddle will be cheaper in the long run. A good saddle can be found for less than a few bibs.

My initial response was to say, eat less beans, But go with a new seat, your seat might wear out even more and start causing other problems like chaffing.....

The group is separating which makes it insanely more difficult to draft. coming thought the final turn, I stood up and laid in the acceleration, sprinting. One guy next to me was doing the same, and he was just a hair faster than I, but he couldn't hold it for the duration and I edged out in front. I passed two other riders who had were not sprinting. It doesn't really mean anything since I am no where near the top 20 among this 105 riders present. Yeah, there was quite the turnout for the first race of the season. End result, I am happy with my performance today. And as I said earlier, I still have all my skin.