My bicycle tour this summer in photos and brokan English

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by borisBob, Oct 17, 2006.

1. borisBob

borisBob New Member

Well, above I see a messge "...Bob, you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 100 forums. ...." ... so I decided to post here a photo album for my 1800 km bicycle tour this summer I did in Bulgaria ....

http://tour20060.tripod.com/bicycletour2006/index.album?i=0

maybe somebody will like it ...
    Bob

Tags:

2. lumpy

lumpy New Member

Well done Bob! Bulgaria is on top of my wife's travel wish list for next summer.
    Looks like you had a nice time.

3. borisBob

borisBob New Member

Thank you Lumpy … I am glad you like it, I really spent a great time this summer …. And do it in Bulgaria, you will not regret … If you need some information, or have some questions – ask me, or look here:
    http://bgbybike.tripod.com/

4. xilios

xilios New Member

Nice tour Bob, my wife and I are also interested in riding through Bulgaria, but have some worries about crime.
    How safe is it to ride through Bulgaria?
    Also we like to camp, but I noticed that you free camped often, aren't there many campsites in Bulgaria?
    cheers

5. borisBob

borisBob New Member

Cheers Xilios!
    Really nothing to worry about … I do it regularly more than 30 years alone, with my children or foreign bicyclists – in my Home page I put E-mails of people bicycled with me, you may contact with them … so far I have not had any problems touring across BG. Always I prefer to camp in the wilderness, I stay in remote and desert places – near rivers, reservoirs, pools, I avoid the special camp places.
    People here usually enjoy bicyclists especially foreigner bicyclists – it is not usual kind of tourism here. I believe, nothing to worry about. The crime here is on a higher level, where the money are rotating, on low level we have not problems.
    Well, if one day you decide to tour in BG, you may contact with me for some consultations – it would be pleasure for me …
    [email protected]
    Have always a tail wind!
    Bob