My bike shop's moved!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, Feb 8, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Prize for the correct guess...

    Went to my local bike shop to get my new Ultegra chainset fitted. It used to be on a busy corner in
    this historic city but the buggers had moved and didn't tell me when I booked over the phone.
    Luckily they're just over the road near an Italian car garage.

    Hmmmm....where was I?

    Prize is a nude cycling holiday for two in Shepton Mallet.

    Tags:

  2. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of "Smudger"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Prize for the correct guess...

    Do I want your prize?

    > Prize is a nude cycling holiday for two in Shepton Mallet.

    For two? well, er, that kind of depends ...

    --
    Wear your paunch with pride!

  3. Andy Key

    Andy Key Guest

    In message <[email protected]>, Smudger <smudger123cxs[email protected]> writes
    >Prize for the correct guess...
    >
    >Went to my local bike shop to get my new Ultegra chainset fitted. It used to be on a busy corner in
    >this historic city but the buggers had moved and didn't tell me when I booked over the phone.
    >Luckily they're just over the road near an Italian car garage.
    >
    >Hmmmm....where was I?
    >
    >Prize is a nude cycling holiday for two in Shepton Mallet.

    You were in Winchester and I claim my...

    er...

    ... is there a cash alternative?

    What I can't answer is why you bothered posting in the first place...
    --

  4. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    "Andy Key" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > In message <[email protected]>, Smudger <[email protected]> writes
    > >Prize for the correct guess...
    > >
    > >Went to my local bike shop to get my new Ultegra chainset fitted. It
    used
    > >to be on a busy corner in this historic city but the buggers had moved
    and
    > >didn't tell me when I booked over the phone. Luckily they're just over
    the
    > >road near an Italian car garage.
    > >
    > >Hmmmm....where was I?
    > >
    > >Prize is a nude cycling holiday for two in Shepton Mallet.
    > >

    > You were in Winchester and I claim my...

    Er...I was actually.

    > er...
    >
    > ... is there a cash alternative?

    Yep. But you have to collect it in the nude outside the chemists in Shepton Mallet.

    > What I can't answer is why you bothered posting in the first place...

    I'd been drinking whilst on medication. Just like I have been tonight actually!