My Bike won't fit!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Marty, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    if I can rent a bike when I get there..............

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

    Riding a bike around the streets of Iraq would certainly be an extreme form of Freeriding.

  3. I was there for 6 months I did not see any Bike rental places. Some bikes but it looked like they
    were from before the cold war.. Good Luck over there. Be safe.

    Joe

    "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

  4. "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

    Be safe brother. Based on what little I know of the geography of Iraq, unless you're heading into
    Kurdish territory there wouldn't be any good riding. Up north it looks like there might be some
    fun hills.

    cg

  5. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

    There is one shop over there that may be able to help you. I don't know the address but here is a
    picture of it so you'll recognize it when you get over there...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/14711675

    Best wishes and come back safe!!!

    Mike

  6. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

    I wouldn't bother - I heard the good riding's in Afghanistan.

    Best of luck, come back safe!

    Jon Bond

  7. Jon Bond says:

    >Best of luck, come back safe!

    But most of all - come back!

    Best wishes and all that...

    Steve

  8. Westie

    Westie Guest

    "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

    Good luck. Just remember to wear your helmet - Kevlar helmet, that is...
    --
    Westie (Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

  9. Tim Jones

    Tim Jones Guest

    "Michael Dart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]enews1.newsguy.com...

    > "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I
    > > wonder if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    > >
    > > Marty
    >
    > There is one shop over there that may be able to help you. I don't know
    the
    > address but here is a picture of it so you'll recognize it when you get
    over
    > there...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/14711675
    >
    > Best wishes and come back safe!!!

    FWIW, from that same site, here is an early example of free-riding...

    http://www.pbase.com/image/7700683

    Tim

  10. Goop

    Goop Guest

    Jaunt to Iraq? What does that mean who would take a jaunt to Iraq? Unless its to blow up some towl
    heads.... Jaunt to Iraq

    "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have to take a jaunt to Iraq (leaving tonight) and my bike won't fit in the flight bag. I wonder
    > if I can rent a bike when I get there..............
    >
    > Marty

  11. Iddqd

    Iddqd Guest

    Tim Jones wrote:

    > FWIW, from that same site, here is an early example of free-riding...
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/7700683

    With a picture like that it seems prudent to quote Mark Twain

    "Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if You live."

    Kind regards

    Bruno

    --
    To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

    Der skulle være flere af dem her i trafikken - http://www.westocykler.dk