My *****in and whinging has paid off! - NOT REALLY BIKE RELATED

LotteBum

New Member
Nov 2, 2004
1,138
Right, this isn't bike related, but I guess it could be used as an encouraging message to those of you with warranty issues - something we all know can be a pain in the bum (especially Tamyka, who is dealing with Time about a shoe issue at the moment).

Anyway, 3.5 years ago, my dad bought me a Philips stereo for my birthday. I was pretty stoked because I was studying (poor) and it was pretty good for a mini system (about $500 worth). Anyway, it didn't take long for it to start giving me the *****. In the first year, it went in for warrantly 3 or 4 times and they basically told me I was an idiot and didn't know how to use it ("write that in your f*cking instruction booklet then!!!").

Anyway, the stereo has given me endless grief (messages such as "Disc not finalised" displayed when playing new CD's, "E1075" etc.) ever since I first got it and two weeks ago when it finally went kaputz and stopped playing for more than 30 seconds at a time, I thought "**** it! Why should I have to buy a new stereo when this one ought to still work?" and wrote Philips an e-mail stating that I think I deserve at least an apology from Philips management for the **** they've put me through and so forth... Shortly after I sent the e-mail, I received an automatic response stating that my e-mail would be answered within two days. Two weeks went by. Then today, I was feeling a bit angry (yes, I almost had a hissy fit) and was going to call them to tell them what a bunch of ignorant tosspots they were, then head out to buy a new (non Philips) stereo. Literally as I was getting ready to go out (about 15 minutes prior to my proposed call to them), the phone rang and the service manager was on the phone, sounding a bit ****** off, but reluctantly offering to replace the stereo.

WOOOHOOOOO to me!!

LotteBitchinBum

hehe. power to ya.

"she's a trubble-maker, i tells ya"

"yeaaahh. but she'll also shoot the eyes out of a jack-o-spades at 200 paces!"

Love your work. ****-stirring is an honourable Australian tradition. :)

LotteBum said:
Right, this isn't bike related, but I guess it could be used as an encouraging message to those of you with warranty issues - something we all know can be a pain in the bum
(especially Tamyka, who is dealing with Time about a shoe issue at the moment).
SNIP--------------
LotteBitchinBum

I posted to the original thread from Tam about my Time shoe disaster.
The rep was in Townsville 2 weeks ago and has agreed to a warranty replacement of them with DMT Single strap ( Tri ) shoes. Thats OK with me as I paid $150 for the Time and they have the DMT on the shelf for $190. Havent got them yet as size 46 not in stock. Waiting Waiting becoming impatient.

Originally the counter jumper at the LBS told me to take them to Mr Minnit for repair and the shop would reimburse me - ******** to that!

My shoes were only 5 weeks old and as I recall Tams' were near 12 months so perhaps they want to argue.

Wasnt going to post 'till I had them on my feet. Something about counting chickens and murphys law.

Hugh

LotteBum said:
[...]

nice work :)

LotteBum wrote:
schnip one off
> LotteBitchinBum

you are right, it wasnt bike related

LotteBum wrote:

> Right, this isn't bike related, but I guess it could be used as an
> encouraging message to those of you with warranty issues - something we
> all know can be a pain in the bum (especially Tamyka, who is dealing
> with Time about a shoe issue at the moment).

Fortunately for Tam (that's me!), the LBSG came good on the shoes.
They're sorting out the **** with Time, and they've given me some nice
Shimano shoes as a replacement. Of course now I have to remain loyal to
them, even when my mate opens up shop....

Check my shoes out:
http://tinyurl.com/cuhov

And my city2surf costume (I look drunk, but I swear it's a pre-race
photo):
http://tinyurl.com/aclf

TamPrincess

Its definitely always worth following this stuff up.

About 10 years ago, when contact lenses were not as good as they are
now, I generally wore my specs everywhere. I even had these super-cool
(haha) Rayban clip-on sunnies... Can you tell what a hipster cat I
was!!

Anyway, I'd had them for about 2 years, when one of the clips on the
Raybans snapped off, so they were useless... Bit disappointed,
especially as they were pretty expensive, and I was a Uni student.

So I wrote a letter to Rayban, explaining that I know that they are
over 2-years-old, etc, etc. But they are, like, Raybans and I paid so
much for them because I thought they'd last for ages.

They came good staright away!! Wrote me a letter asking for my original
pair. 2 weeks later I had a brand new pair in the mail. No more
questions asked.

They are good dudes....

Abby

On 2005-08-16, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
> And my city2surf costume (I look drunk, but I swear it's a pre-race
> photo):
> http://tinyurl.com/aclf

You look a bit like a 404 to me.

P.S. Tam, Siggy picked out this sig just for you.

--
TimC
"I used to be better at logic problems, before I just dumped

Absent Husband said:
They are good dudes....

Abby

I'm on my third pair of Raybans in about 10 years, all replaced when the previous ones got snapped by something stupid I did (usually dropping them as I attempted to put them in my jersey pocket). They're worth the $$$.

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, TimC wrote:

> On 2005-08-16, Tamyka Bell (aka Bruce)
>> And my city2surf costume (I look drunk, but I swear it's a pre-race
>> photo):
>> http://tinyurl.com/aclf

> You look a bit like a 404 to me.
>
> P.S. Tam, Siggy picked out this sig just for you.
>
> --
> TimC
> "I used to be better at logic problems, before I just dumped
> them all into TeX and let Knuth pick out the survivors."
> -- Plorkwort, 26 September 2004 on alt.religion.kibology

Hmmm that ain't cool. I mean the 404. Looks like an alphanumeric char may
be missing. Oh well, just go to http://tamyka.myphotoalbum.com/ and look
for me under race photos.

I love that sig :D

Absent Husband said:
So I wrote a letter to Rayban, explaining that I know that they are
over 2-years-old, etc, etc. But they are, like, Raybans and I paid so
much for them because I thought they'd last for ages.

They came good staright away!! Wrote me a letter asking for my original
pair. 2 weeks later I had a brand new pair in the mail. No more
questions asked.

They are good dudes....

Abby

Had something similar with my Rudy Project Freeons. Was in the LBS and they saw that the lenses were broken and offered to speak to the rep about them as unknow to me they have a life time warrenty.

Well two weeks later new lenses arrive. :D