My bladder don't hold no more.

crazy6r54

Guest
I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the my Camelback bladder
and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap it separated. Great so I put a few
waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will
have to order some they say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and
behold they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and less then the
replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set up the new one I dream about
repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a
spare Camelback.

Fire up MTB 03

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

True... I have 3.
--
Slacker

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 15:07:03 -0400 (EDT), [email protected] wrote:
> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it.

Check Camelbak's webpage about warranty coverage. They were really good about replacing my CB
bladder when it leaked.

http://www.camelback.com/

email them about warrantee

[email protected]

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

---

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

Had the same problem. Replace mine, then fixed bad one, now I've got 2 bladders, one for sports
drink, one for H2O.

Dave (140 oz-Hydrate or Die!)

Sounded like a good excuse to get another one. :)

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

Thats the good thing about the Military i have 3 and a half hahhaa i know i dont consider the little
desert camo one "50 Oz i think" a whole camelback but the 2 hawgs i got one black one camo now those
are a Mtn bilers friend ona 4 hour epic and 2 tubes, 100 oz's later. I just bought a backpack on my
last deployment in june that carries 2 100 oz bladders and i could pack a whole other bike minus the
wheels i swear it.

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 16:01:13 -0700, RacerX wrote:
> Thats the good thing about the Military i have 3 and a half hahhaa i know i dont consider the
> little desert camo one "50 Oz i think" a whole camelback but the 2 hawgs i got one black one camo
> now those are a Mtn bilers friend ona 4 hour epic and 2 tubes, 100 oz's later.

My nomination for run-on sentence of the week.

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

So how did you repair it?

Okay for those dieing to find out what the fix was. Remember the cap separated from the bladder at
the bottom of the cap. Thats about where the water line should be so it isn't to full. Something
like 3/4 full. The big fix Loctite Don't ask what number Loctite, numbers go in to the high
hundreds. For troopers that are so lucky to use Camelback,it must beat the old 2 qt, belt hung
canteen from the days of C rations and Lerpts. Now you can drink on the run and eat by pulling a
tab. You come a long way baby.

Fire up MTB 03

> I get ready for my 1st ride since a snapped collarbone in July. Well I fill the
> my Camelback bladder and its pouring out fast as I fill it. Right below the cap
> it separated. Great so I put a few waterbottles in the pack and go riding. After
> the ride I hit a few LBS. They don't have any. We will have to order some they
> say. Now I head for the ****''s Sportingoods in the next township. Low and behold
> they have bladders. But now get this the whole pack with bladder is on sale and
> less then the replacement bladder. I buy it. After I'm home a while and have set
> up the new one I dream about repairing the old one. I set out and repair it and
> it holds water. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a spare Camelback.
>
> Fire up MTB 03

My Platypus started leaking, and I'd managed to bite through the mouthpiece too. Took it back to the
shop, they gave me a whole new set, bladder, tube, valve, clip, right away, no questions asked, no
receipt given. Does help a little that my oldest mate works there, and I happen to know the
warranty/returns guy too ',;~}~

Shaun aRe