My boy did well

Vernon Levy

Guest
We took advantage of a really nice Sunday to explore what my Sam, my son could cope with at the
early stages of his cycling career.

We rode from Reeth through Arkengarthdale to the Tan Hill Pub (highest in the country), a 12 mile
grinding climb made more challenging by a headwind. We enjoyed great scenery and a I enjoyed a nice
pint of Masham's finest ale at the Tan Hill.

We had a relaxing ride back to Reeth through Keld Muker, Gunnerside and Low Row.

He loved every minute of the ride and coped well with the long ascent to the Tan Hill. He's feeling
really confident about his abilities and is raring to go on the next dales loop ride. Probably
Kettlewell, Aysgarth, Hawes and back to Kettlewell. If the cold snap is still with us next weekend,
we'll do a gentle local loop based in Leeds.

I'm getting used to my s/h Dawes Galaxy and am now at ease with the bar end shifters. Got 75 miles
clocked up on it so far with some way to go before I get some high daily mileages in on it.

It was a grand day out :)

Vernon in Leeds

>It was a grand day out :)

Sounds excellent. Glad the offspring is enjoying his cycling.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

vernon levy wrote:
> It was a grand day out :)
>
> Vernon in Leeds

Well done that man, that headwind was a bit troublesome wasn't it ? I headed West, skirted around
Bradford to Oakenshaw, failed to find the road I wanted to take me to Scholes so I went onto the SVG
to Cleck. then up to Scholes. Across to Hartside then down to Cooper Bridge. Finally got the wind
behind me and took the A644 through Mirfield to Dewsbury and the other end of the SVG. Back West
again on the SVG which is quite well sheltered to Cleck. then home. 29 miles in total.

"vernon levy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> We took advantage of a really nice Sunday to explore what my Sam, my son could cope with at the
> early stages of his cycling career.
>
> He loved every minute of the ride and coped well with the long ascent to the Tan Hill...

...and he's only twenty-three...