My C-50



Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Callistus Valer

Guest
The C-50 I got for Christmas, has become a dream come true. As I ride effortless centuries, I think
to myself about those idiotic posts to this newsgroup about prefering to ride Schwinn varsities
around the block, because they had kids to support. "Freakin' Nuts" is all I can say about that now.
 
F

Fake Name Goes

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The C-50 I got for Christmas, has become a dream come true. As I ride effortless centuries, I
> think to myself about those idiotic posts to this newsgroup about prefering to ride Schwinn
> varsities around the block, because they had kids to support. "Freakin' Nuts" is all I can say
> about that now.

"fred" is all I can say...
 
N

Nick Burns

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The C-50 I got for Christmas, has become a dream come true. As I ride effortless centuries, I
> think to myself about those idiotic posts to this newsgroup about prefering to ride Schwinn
> varsities around the block, because they had kids to support. "Freakin' Nuts" is all I can say
> about that now.

Idiot, that was not the point at all. If you really think your (alleged C-50 gift) makes
centuries any more effortless than any other decent bike you are insane. All of my road bikes
have Campy Record 10 and that makes a huge difference. Your friggin' plastic frame is only
superior in your mind.

If you want to enjoy that pleasant hallucination, that is fine with me. However, your post is really
about insulting people for being smarter and wiser than you.

You always were a moron anyway.
 
C

Callistus Valer

Guest
> Idiot, that was not the point at all. If you really think your (alleged
C-50
> gift) makes centuries any more effortless than any other decent bike you
are
> insane. All of my road bikes have Campy Record 10 and that makes a huge difference. Your friggin'
> plastic frame is only superior in your mind.
>
> If you want to enjoy that pleasant hallucination, that is fine with me. However, your post is
> really about insulting people for being smarter and wiser than you.
>
> You always were a moron anyway.

My original post before Christmas was about me wanting to share my joy with others. I did not
appreciate couple of fred like insults, saying they preferred to ride Schwinn Varsities around
the block, because they had to support kids.
 
K

Karlwithak

Guest
It is the horse not the chariot, jackass. Dont try to buy speed you wont get all that fast anyway

but i have owned 2 c-40s they are nice
 

Daremo

New Member
Jul 29, 2003
317
0
0
51
Originally posted by Jtn
colnago sucks.

Stated by someone who has probably never ridden one .......

I've owned two, a Technos and a Master Krono. Both lugged steel, both gorgeous, both fast.

Probably the smoothest bikes I've ever ridden (and working as the service manager and roadie of a shop for five years I've seen/ridden a lot).

I've never used a carbon one for any more than a spin around the parking lot. Because of my frame size (60) the C-40 I rode was whippy ........... But the steel frames in the same size were perfect, stiff and lively.
 
G

Greg Keller

Guest
I don't think he ever said that the bike made him faster, he said that it made centuries effortless,
and that is for sure, carbon is easy on the body, it is a great material to make a bike with, yeah
it costs more than aluminum, but if you've got a little money to spend than do it. The only way a
more comfortable bike makes you faster is the fact you will ride it more and become a better rider.
Yeah i know, bike fit is most important, and i agree, but carbon sure is nice to my joints after a
long day in the saddle.

[email protected] (karlwithak) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> It is the horse not the chariot, jackass. Dont try to buy speed you wont get all that fast anyway
>
> but i have owned 2 c-40s they are nice
 
N

Nick Burns

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Idiot, that was not the point at all. If you really think your (alleged
> C-50
> > gift) makes centuries any more effortless than any other decent bike you
> are
> > insane. All of my road bikes have Campy Record 10 and that makes a huge difference. Your
> > friggin' plastic frame is only superior in your mind.
> >
> > If you want to enjoy that pleasant hallucination, that is fine with me. However, your post is
> > really about insulting people for being smarter
and
> > wiser than you.
> >
> > You always were a moron anyway.
>
>
> My original post before Christmas was about me wanting to share my joy with others. I did not
> appreciate couple of fred like insults, saying
they
> preferred to ride Schwinn Varsities around the block, because they had to support kids.

Sharing joy is admirable. Still, I suggest that your social skills do not allow you to do that
effectively. I only someone that has been in the position to make that choice can honestly offer an
opinion about which is perferable. You say you do not have children so how can you say that you
prefer a C-50? You don't really know, now do you? You only think you know how you would feel about
hacing a child because it exists in your imagination.

My first exotic car (a 308 GTB) was something I thought I would cherish forver. At that time nobody
could have convinced me that a child could be better than that. In retrospect I feel like an idiot
for thinking that for one moment, but such is the mindset of most men in their 20s. I have no doubt
at all that you are no older than 22. Being on the receiving end of such an expensive gift suggests
you are even younger, or are a wealthy spoiled Euro-brat. I have known plenty of them, and that
means you could be as old as 40.

Enjoy your youth but stop feeling sorry for people with different values. It makes you look
really stupid.
 
N

Nick Burns

Guest
"Daremo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jtn wrote:
> > colnago sucks.
>
>
>
> Stated by someone who has probably never ridden one .......

I have. They do suck. They are over priced and ghimmicky. I like them prior to the mid '80s.

>
> I've owned two, a Technos and a Master Krono. Both lugged steel, both gorgeous, both fast.

How can a particular bike be described as "fast"? It makes no sense...but you have not figured that
out yet huh?

>
> Probably the smoothest bikes I've ever ridden (and working as the service manager and roadie of a
> shop for five years I've seen/ridden a lot).

Keep popping those sugar pills.

>
> I've never used a carbon one for any more than a spin around the parking lot. Because of my frame
> size (60) the C-40 I rode was whippy .......... But the steel frames in the same size were
> perfect, stiff and lively.
>
>
>
> --
 
T

Tom Kunich

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]as.earthlink.net...
> The C-50 I got for Christmas, has become a dream come true. As I ride effortless centuries, I
> think to myself about those idiotic posts to this newsgroup about prefering to ride Schwinn
> varsities around the block, because they had kids to support. "Freakin' Nuts" is all I can say
> about that now.

So how many centuries have you ridden since Christmas?

I wonder if your C-50 rides any better than my Eddy Merckx EX ti bike I got used for 10% of the cost
of your C-50.
 
B

Benjamin Weiner

Guest
Callistus Valerius <[email protected]> wrote:

> My original post before Christmas was about me wanting to share my joy with others. I did not
> appreciate couple of fred like insults, saying they preferred to ride Schwinn Varsities around
> the block, because they had to support kids.

Droolboy,

The reason people responded hostilely to your troll is that the rest of us here on rbr all get our
C-50s free as part of our masters racing sponsorship deals. People like you who have to get them as
gifts (does anybody really pay for their own C-50? Heck no) are obvious amateur poseurs, the kind of
people we ditch at unmarked intersections on the rbr training rides. So next time, post about how
much you like your new team issue free C-50 and how much faster you are going to be this year
compared to last year and how many centuries you are going to win, and you will be warmly welcomed
to the club.
 
C

Charles Hizark

Guest
"Callistus Valerius" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The C-50 I got for Christmas, has become a dream come true. As I ride effortless centuries, I
> think to myself about those idiotic posts to this newsgroup about prefering to ride Schwinn
> varsities around the block, because they had kids to support. "Freakin' Nuts" is all I can say
> about that now.

Colnago C-50 is a nice bike. But a lot of Colnagos seem like disposable bikes and the warranty is
not that great.
 

Daremo

New Member
Jul 29, 2003
317
0
0
51
Originally posted by Nick Burns
I have. They do suck. They are over priced and ghimmicky. I like them prior to the mid '80s.

How can a particular bike be described as "fast"? It makes no sense...but you have not figured that
out yet huh?

Keep popping those sugar pills.

Well Nick, you are welcome to share your opinions .............. everyone has them.

But to say a bike manufacturer, who has been around longer than you've known about cycling, and having sponsored hundreds of pro riders at the RIDER'S request must mean something.

A bike can "feel" fast, just like a car can "feel" fast. It is a perception and a feeling. It can be based on the frame geometry or the stiffness of the frame, or the quality of the construction.

People hate on something they can't afford, or are jealous of. I would never have been able to buy the two frames if I wasn't the service manager of a shop, and got to buy them at cost. But I thouroughly enjoyed every mile I put on the two bikes. And I got to spend just as much time talking to people who knew absolutely nothing about cycling, but got interested because of the frames, and often later came to the shop as new customers.

I rarely raced the Technos, and the Master Krono was a TT specific frame. I had other bikes more suitable to the multi-turn crits that dominate the local race scene, so those others were what I would race on a weekly basis.

I hate Porsche, and often say they suck. But the fact of the matter is every Fred out there would rather have a 911 because of their reputation and their history. I'd never lower Colnago to the same dung heap level that is Porsche, but the frame builders reputation and racing history are just as distinguished.

Everyone is welcome to their opinions, but to say somethig "sucks" is a pretty weak argument for why a product isn't good.
 
C

Callistus Valer

Guest
> Sharing joy is admirable. Still, I suggest that your social skills do not allow you to do that
> effectively. > Enjoy your youth but stop feeling sorry for people with different values.
It
> makes you look really stupid.
>
>
YOU SHUT UP ! I Will not accept insults from a Fred such as yourself.
 
J

Jtn

Guest
Eddie merckx ex pro ti (litespeed) sucks also.

first time I ever stood on the pedals I knew I bought the wrong bike....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.