My Cateye Cordless 7 Computer

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dannyfrankszzz, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. dannyfrankszzz

    dannyfrankszzz New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2003
    No doubt some of you are familiar with this computer and its workings.

    Whilst trying to configure the settings for the computer, I came across two problems.

    In the manual, it states the following:

    I followed the above instructions and nothing happened.

    Then, when I went to adjust the clock time, the manual states the following:

    I followed these instructions but the clock time didn’t change. However, the wheel size option did change i.e. it changed from A to B.

    What am I doing wrong? I’ve managed to input all the other changes like the odometer, wheel size without a problem. Please advise. Thx.

    Tags:

  2. David Lamb

    David Lamb Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:17:44 +1100, dannyfrankszzz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >No doubt some of you are familiar with this computer and its workings.
    >
    >Whilst trying to configure the settings for the computer, I came across
    >two problems.
    >
    >In the manual, it states the following:
    >
    >> Dual tire size:
    >> • Two different wheel size can be programed.
    >> • Press MODE and START/STOP simultaneously for 2 seconds to switch size
    >> A and B .
    >> • Wheel size A is designed for road bikes. Wheel size B is designed for
    >> slower speeds that can be typical for mountain bikes.

    >I followed the above instructions and nothing happened.

    Try the following. Go to mode odo by pressing the mode button. The
    hold down mode button and press start/stop button.

    >Then, when I went to adjust the clock time, the manual states the
    >following:
    >
    >> CLOCK TIME - Hold MODE button for 2 seconds to display Clock
    >> Time (this works in any of the display modes).
    >> [To set correct Clock Time, press SET button when Clock Time is
    >> showing in lower display. Use MODE button to increase the digit
    >> number, and press SET to change to next digit. Press SET button
    >> when complete].

    >I followed these instructions but the clock time didn’t change.
    >However, the wheel size option did change i.e. it changed from A to B.
    >
    >What am I doing wrong? I’ve managed to input all the other changes
    >like the odometer, wheel size without a problem. Please advise. Thx.

    To set clock time: press set button at back of instrument then press
    mode to increase tiem or set/stop to decrease. Press set button to
    save.

    Hope this helps
    David .. Co.Cork Ireland