rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

my coker handle, rev. 3

Started by unisk8r · · Last activity · 5 posts · 502 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
15 June 2004
Last activity
16 June 2004
Original author
unisk8r
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
502
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Here's my latest handle version, got ahold of a Dimension stoker stem
    from QBP, and it fit my Hunter seat tube, so I bolted in some 7/8" tubes
    I had lying around and a Profile Design aero cap end (free at local
    recycled shop), and there it is.
    Tried it out today and I really like the lower height and slope of the
    handle when riding at speed (15+).

    +----------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Attachment filename: coker2.handle3.jpg |
    |Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/216868|
    +----------------------------------------------------------------+

    --
    unisk8r - All this for just cross-training?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33199

  2. Neat. That stoker stem looks familiar.

    Are you riding in a hunched over position? Or are you sitting fully
    upright? It looks like you'd be riding hunched over a little bit.

    --
    john_childs - Guinness Mojo

    john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com
    Gallery: '' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/john_childs)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    john_childs's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/449
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33199

  3. Yea John, I wound up using what I believe is the same stoker stem you
    have. The attachment to the seat adapter was limited due to the 7/8"
    brake post, and anything in alum is going to be larger diameter for
    safety (I'd hate to have the handle bend or break during riding!)

    I'm finding that I do want to get hunched over a bit, and I will
    probably end up with yet an even lower handle position.

    --
    unisk8r - All this for just cross-training?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33199

  4. 1 more neat trick is that the seatpost is titanium; I was able to cut
    down a standard seatpost to 1", grind off the paint to bare metal, then
    epoxy and press-fit it into the titanium tube (for what it's worth,
    eh?).

    --
    unisk8r - All this for just cross-training?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33199

  5. that looks pretty sweet! I wish I had the time and resources to do
    something like that. or the uni worth doing it to! Im not lucky enough
    to have those materials availible to me within 3 hours of my house. oh
    well... maybe when I move out

    --
    doofe - I put the "F U!" in FUn!

    Death Metal + Punk + Hardcore + Funky facial hair + One wheel = Doofe
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    doofe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4335
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/33199

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.