My cycle Tyre is leaking air but there is no puncture in the inner tube?

Dexter49

Oct 10, 2014
My cycle Tyre is leaking air but there is no puncture in the inner tube?

There is no puncture in the inner tube, but when I put it back in the rim of the wheel with the tyre is leaking air where the valve pops out. I can't figure out the problem. Any suggestions would be great.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Install a new tube.

Yeah, "@Dexter49"... Install a new tube!
big-smile.png

(F@ck it's starting getting wet and cold here...
big-smile.png
I need the Jacket! The Jacket!
big-smile.png
)

Dexter49 said:
My cycle Tyre is leaking air but there is no puncture in the inner tube? There is no puncture in the inner tube, but when I put it back in the rim of the wheel with the tyre is leaking air where the valve pops out. I can't figure out the problem. Any suggestions would be great.
I am assuming you are loosing the air fairly quickly which would suggest you do have a problem. Have you pumped up the tube and then put it in a bucket or tub or bath of warm to hot water (temperature is helpful for finding really small holes as it heats up the air). If the deflation is happening over quite a few days (e.g., a week to two weeks) it is pretty normal. Tyres do deflate over time. Andrew

Try to tighten the core of the valve if it's a Shrader. It should hold air for weeks. If not, check for leaks with soap and water and/or replace tube. Check carefully for the cause. I've had staples, thorns, and other stuff hide in the tire casing.