My daughter is a finalist in a national cooking contest

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:25:03 GMT, [email protected] (Gal
Called J.J.) wrote:

<snip>

>Neither do I -- and it's not as if the kids can just sell
>door-to-door anymore...

And isn't *that* a sad commentary? <head shaking>

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:25:03 GMT, [email protected] (Gal
> Called J.J.) wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> >Neither do I -- and it's not as if the kids can just sell
> >door-to-door anymore...

> And isn't *that* a sad commentary? <head shaking>

It's not just a safety issue. A lot of kids are just too lazy these days to
walk...

--
Best
Greg

Gal Called J.J. wrote:
> One time on Usenet, "Default User" <[email protected]> said:

> > I disagree with this. For many of us, the only opportunity to buy

GS
> > cookies is the sheets at work. As long as the parent merely makes

it
> > available and doesn't go around asking people,

> Very important distinction, Brian.

And it's the way they've done it in my office.

> > I don't see a problem.

> Neither do I -- and it's not as if the kids can just sell
> door-to-door anymore...

Sure they can, they just don't. It's a myth that it's become more
dangerous for children out there. People are just more
afraid/cautious/paranoid (whatever you like).

Brian

"Default User" <[email protected]> wrote

> Sure they can, they just don't. It's a myth that it's become more
> dangerous for children out there. People are just more
> afraid/cautious/paranoid (whatever you like).

Since a kid was killed somewhere maybe 30 miles from here,
selling door to door has done bit the dust. I actually think that
maybe it's been legally banned. I'm not sure.

nancy

Nancy Young wrtoe:

> Since a kid was killed somewhere maybe 30 miles from here,
> selling door to door has done bit the dust. I actually think that
> maybe it's been legally banned. I'm not sure.

Some communities and apartment/condo buildings forbid it, e.g. "no
soliciting" rules or ordinances...

--
Best
Greg

One time on Usenet, "Gregory Morrow" said:
> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 03:25:03 GMT, [email protected] (Gal
> > Called J.J.) wrote:

> > <snip>
> >
> > >Neither do I -- and it's not as if the kids can just sell
> > >door-to-door anymore...

> > And isn't *that* a sad commentary? <head shaking>

> It's not just a safety issue. A lot of kids are just too lazy these days to
> walk...

I wish I could say you're full of it, Greg, but you've got a legit
point. Fortunately, DH and DS spend most afternoons playing ball,
riding bikes, or walking...

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote:
>And isn't *that* a sad commentary? <head shaking>

Thank you , Terry. Parenting doesn't come with an owner's manual, and
I tried to do the best I could, like everyone else. The issue here is
not whether someone gets their "favorite cookie". The tiny lessons
you teach your kids sometimes turn out to be more important than you
could ever imagine.