My Deluxe

Raoul Deluxe

Guest
I called IF to order a couple of the new t-shirts today, and asked about my frame. They said it's
shipping today...woo hoo!

Raoul Deluxe wrote:
> I called IF to order a couple of the new t-shirts today, and asked about my frame. They said it's
> shipping today...woo hoo!

Congrats! That's awesome. If you posted about what you ordered it was before I was reading here.
What paint job did you pick?

Been riding mine for three weeks now. Started as I meant to go on, with the clipless pedals. Just
had my first ride without falling once! It was in Fairfield County, CT so now I know what Carla
means about the hills in Westchester. I'm not yet riding it as it was meant to be ridden, but I'm
getting better all the time.

I talked to IF yesterday about a tour. They're just down the street from
me. Seems they're happy to do it any time but lunchtime. One need only call 30 minutes prior to
showing up. I'll go sometime next week and post a full report.

-Charlotte

"Charlotte Henson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It was in Fairfield County, CT so now I know what Carla means about the hills in Westchester. I'm
> not yet riding it as it was meant to be ridden, but I'm getting better all the time.

I get nauseous just thinking about those endless climbs...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Charlotte Henson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>It was in Fairfield County, CT so now I know what Carla means about the hills in Westchester. I'm
>>not yet riding it as it was meant to be ridden, but I'm getting better all the time.
>

> I get nauseous just thinking about those endless climbs...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I am a reasonably fit person so I was pretty depressed by it. Still new enough that I don't know
what's hard and what I just suck at doing. I'm glad to know that my nausea is the hill's fault!

The downhills were fun though!

-Charlotte

"Charlotte Henson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Raoul Deluxe wrote:
> > I called IF to order a couple of the new t-shirts today, and asked about
my
> > frame. They said it's shipping today...woo hoo!
> >
> Congrats! That's awesome. If you posted about what you ordered it was before I was reading here.
> What paint job did you pick?

I posted almost two months ago before you got here, so ya did miss it. The paint I thought long and
hard about. I got a two color fade that follows the 'Team' paint job lines where the yellow and
black meet up. The top/front is the quetzal green metallic, and the bottom/rear is metallic black.
The fade will be real tight, as in not fanning out much where the colors meet. Decals are yellow on
black. It's either going to look great, or butt ugly I think. I'll post some shots when I get it.

> Been riding mine for three weeks now. Started as I meant to go on, with the clipless pedals. Just
> had my first ride without falling once! It was in Fairfield County, CT so now I know what Carla
> means about the hills in Westchester. I'm not yet riding it as it was meant to be ridden, but I'm
> getting better all the time.

Congrats on doing well with the clipless. They take some getting used to. Being in Louisiana, I have
to drive a ways to get to some hills. I have ridden some steep ones that kicked my butt, so I know
what you mean. Going out, riding, and getting better 'is' riding it like it was meant to. :)

> I talked to IF yesterday about a tour. They're just down the street from
> me. Seems they're happy to do it any time but lunchtime. One need only call 30 minutes prior to
> showing up. I'll go sometime next week and post a full report.

A couple of my online friends from up your way have taken the tour. They both said they are very
nice, and cool peeps. I look forward to hearing about your visit, and please post some pictures of
your bike.

Raoul Deluxe wrote:

> I posted almost two months ago before you got here, so ya did miss it. The paint I thought long
> and hard about. I got a two color fade that follows the 'Team' paint job lines where the yellow
> and black meet up. The top/front is the quetzal green metallic, and the bottom/rear is metallic
> black. The fade will be real tight, as in not fanning out much where the colors meet. Decals are
> yellow on black. It's either going to look great, or butt ugly I think. I'll post some shots when
> I get it.

I think you're right, I look forward to seeing the pics. Mine's pretty generic, solid hot red with
the same yellow-on-black decal. Now that I've seen what they do I'd have chosen to be adventurous
like you! Can't wait to see pics.

> A couple of my online friends from up your way have taken the tour. They both said they are very
> nice, and cool peeps. I look forward to hearing about your visit, and please post some pictures of
> your bike.

Will do, and I'm working on it. I've broken two digital cameras this year (or rather, they've broken
themselves, really!) so I have to convince someone it's safe to loan me one for bike pics!

-Charlotte

"Charlotte Henson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Raoul Deluxe wrote:
> >
> > I posted almost two months ago before you got here, so ya did miss it.
The
> > paint I thought long and hard about. I got a two color fade that follows
the
> > 'Team' paint job lines where the yellow and black meet up. The top/front
is
> > the quetzal green metallic, and the bottom/rear is metallic black. The
fade
> > will be real tight, as in not fanning out much where the colors meet.
Decals
> > are yellow on black. It's either going to look great, or butt ugly I
think.
> > I'll post some shots when I get it.
>
> I think you're right, I look forward to seeing the pics. Mine's pretty generic, solid hot red with
> the same yellow-on-black decal. Now that I've seen what they do I'd have chosen to be adventurous
> like you! Can't wait to see pics.

I almost went with solid black, with the same decals, but the more I looked at the green, the more I
wanted it. It's a really nice shade, plus I love green. The black was originally going to be the
plain black, but IF suggested I go with the metallic to go with the metallic green.

> > A couple of my online friends from up your way have taken the tour. They both said they are very
> > nice, and cool peeps. I look forward to hearing about your visit, and please post some pictures
> > of your bike.
> >

> Will do, and I'm working on it. I've broken two digital cameras this year (or rather, they've
> broken themselves, really!) so I have to convince someone it's safe to loan me one for bike pics!

What kind were they? I've had good luck with my low budget Kodak.