My DIY repair stand

beanspropulsion

Feb 24, 2007
Thought you might be interested in my DIY repair stand. Used a saw bench I purchased from Supercheap Auto, 2 T brackets, threaded rod, 2 wing nuts, 2 washers, old wine cork (rubber), part of an old bottle cage and the case from an old computer powersupply filled with gravel to act as a counterweight to the rear wheel.

It needs painting and looks as rough as guts at the moment but it does a great job. Not bad for $20.

bikestand002.jpg

Not bad. Having never had an original thought I might completely steal your idea one rainy day and make one myself.:)

My DIY is a rope strung between rafters in the car port. I just hook the front corner of the seat/seat post on it. It sways a bit but it allows me to do all my derailleur adjustments.

Old folding clinchers or singles hung from a beam are good too.:)

How about a cup hook in the top/middle of a door frame and a piece of rope. :cool:

But I do like his saw hoarse. :D

Better than a skewer, some LBS sell a bracket/clamp to bolt in the bed of utes and wagons for transporting bikes, the front fork is fixed. ;)

The most important thing is it is functional, cheap and original. GOOD JOB!

Nice one.

I made a similar thing a while ago using an old QR hub mounted on a fence picket with a U-Clamp (like used for pipe or electrical conduit) and then drilled a couple of holes in the picket to mount it to the top of a folding aluminium stepladder using 2 x bolts and wingnuts.

Great looking stand, but I cannot figure how the bike is supported around the bottom bracket area ?Can someone help me !

The rear frame sits snugly on part of an old plastic bottle cage which is screwed into the end of the wooden beam. I thought of using a velcro strap to secure it but the bike is quite secure being held by the fork and ex bottle cage.