to answer why 2+2=5 when all the time it was doing 2+2=4.
In many sectors, working on 2+2=5 brands one as a nut or
"rebel" (archaic) or on the cutting edge.
A large segment encourages the general pub lick to believe they are
doing 2+2=5 when they're doing plumbing.
Knot modeling equations could result in a better polymer or
antibiotic

I check in on my electrical box in awe of the process.

On 2007-10-05, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:

> HEY, THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF DEPARTMENT
>
> math evolved to add 2+2=4
> now, in keeping with the general flow, math seeks to answer why 2+2 =
> 5
> modeling knot work, and knot work math modeling is extensive google
> it.
> foundations equations that answer why postal workers kill each other,
> for example.
> Another way of looking at this is research often appears
> to answer why 2+2=5 when all the time it was doing 2+2=4.
> In many sectors, working on 2+2=5 brands one as a nut or
> "rebel" (archaic) or on the cutting edge.
> A large segment encourages the general pub lick to believe they are
> doing 2+2=5 when they're doing plumbing.
> Knot modeling equations could result in a better polymer or
> antibiotic

Protein folding is knot-tying.

A cell makes a protein out of all the right molecules, and then it
tangles up like a ball of telephone wire, but somehow in just the right
way because the shape of the knot is critical to its function. It has
been suggested that perhaps quantum tunneling is involved. Understanding
it could help with drug design, molecular bio-engineering,
nanotechnology, creating master race of cyborgs, etc. etc.

On Oct 5, 3:26 am, Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:
> On 2007-10-05, datakoll <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > HEY, THIS IS SERIOUS STUFF DEPARTMENT

> > math evolved to add 2+2=4
> > now, in keeping with the general flow, math seeks to answer why 2+2 =
> > 5
> > modeling knot work, and knot work math modeling is extensive google
> > it.
> > foundations equations that answer why postal workers kill each other,
> > for example.
> > Another way of looking at this is research often appears
> > to answer why 2+2=5 when all the time it was doing 2+2=4.
> > In many sectors, working on 2+2=5 brands one as a nut or
> > "rebel" (archaic) or on the cutting edge.
> > A large segment encourages the general pub lick to believe they are
> > doing 2+2=5 when they're doing plumbing.
> > Knot modeling equations could result in a better polymer or
> > antibiotic

> Protein folding is knot-tying.
>
> A cell makes a protein out of all the right molecules, and then it
> tangles up like a ball of telephone wire, but somehow in just the right
> way because the shape of the knot is critical to its function. It has
> been suggested that perhaps quantum tunneling is involved. Understanding
> it could help with drug design, molecular bio-engineering,
> nanotechnology, creating master race of cyborgs, etc. etc.- Hide quoted text -

TURNING SAND INTO OIL

> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:53:37 -0000, datakoll <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20071004/sc_livescience/thescienceofknotsunraveled

The thing about knots is if you want them to stay knotted, they don't.
If you want them to come undone, they resist it. I think there must be
some kind of knot mojo at work. It is similar to the law of long lines.
If you are in a line that you think is the longest line and you change
lines, your new line will become the longest line.

In article <[email protected]>,
catzz66 <[email protected]> wrote:

> > On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:53:37 -0000, datakoll <[email protected]>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20071004/sc_livescience/thescienceofknotsunraveled

> The thing about knots is if you want them to stay knotted, they don't.
> If you want them to come undone, they resist it. I think there must be
> some kind of knot mojo at work. It is similar to the law of long lines.
> If you are in a line that you think is the longest line and you change
> lines, your new line will become the longest line.

Learn different knots. There is a knot for every
purpose. One of the handiest is the bowline. The same
crossing diagram can be a sheet bend. Put a bowline in
the end of a line and put the standing part through to
make a noose. Easily untied.

A clove hitch used to make a noose and snugged down
will not untie, even flapping in the wind.

Do your shoe lace bows align parallel to the lead of
the lace or cross-wise? The latter is a granny an
_will_ come untied.

Use the figure eight at an end for a stopping knot,
_not_ a half hitch. The half hitch does not untie, the
figure eight does.

Ever want to bind a bale of newspapers? There are
knots you can use that allow you to take up all the
slack, then lock without giving up any slack. Meat
cutters use them for rolled roasts.

I can bend (*) all kinds of slippery stuff, such as two
derailleur or brake cables using a knot. (This is not
practical in the field for a parted cable because of
the amount of cable needed for the bend.)

A double carrick bend can be put in hawsers, wet down,
used to tow a ship, and taken out by hand. I have put
this bend in small stuff, asked my lovely assistant
to haul on it as hard as possible, then untied it
in a trice.

(*) bend; verb, transitive. To fasten, as one rope to
another, or as a sail to its yard or stay; or as a
cable to the ring of an anchor.

The reference is _The_Ashley_Book_of_Knots_.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ashley_Book_of_Knots>

--
Michael Press

catzz66 wrote:

>> On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 19:53:37 -0000, datakoll <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20071004/sc_livescience/thescienceofknotsunraveled
>>>

> The thing about knots is if you want them to stay knotted, they don't.
> If you want them to come undone, they resist it. I think there must be
> some kind of knot mojo at work. It is similar to the law of long lines.
> If you are in a line that you think is the longest line and you change
> lines, your new line will become the longest line.

I think you need a government research grant to investigate "line
theory". Think of the money you could make by selling the results to
people that hate waiting.

Dorf

[...]

See also http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/

Michael Press wrote:
> Do your shoe lace bows align parallel to the lead of
> the lace or cross-wise?...

I buy shoes with hook and pile fasteners, or even better, those cool
ratchet buckles SiDi [1] uses. ;)

[1] I think SiDi used a mold of my feet for the "Mega" width shoes. :)

A Real Cyclist [TM] keeps at least one bicycle in the bedroom.

In article
<[email protected]>,
Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2007-10-05, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]
> > Do your shoe lace bows align parallel to the lead of
> > the lace or cross-wise? The latter is a granny an
> > _will_ come untied.
> >
> > Use the figure eight at an end for a stopping knot,
> > _not_ a half hitch. The half hitch does not untie, the
> > figure eight does.

> See also

[URL deleted]

They do not state how to spot a granny.

--
Michael Press

THOMAS is god. The model T pick up bed wrap is priceless.