My experince with drugs and blood doping

ives said:
TiMan didn't say he was World TT champ.
Re-read his post.
I never said he did say he was TT champ - I just wondered when the rule changed that allowed to road champ to wear the stripes during a TT stage?

Rolfrae said:
I never said he did say he was TT champ - I just wondered when the rule changed that allowed to road champ to wear the stripes during a TT stage?
That is weird. Yeah, what the hell?

Rolfrae said:
I've seen the vid on youtube but without sound, is it really LA he steamrollers passed?
Of course not, all the Anti-Lance folks that think he abused drugs, even though there is no proof and no way since he is personally ridding the world of cancer, fabricated it… you douche :p

helmutRoole2 said:
That is weird. Yeah, what the hell?
Alright you stupid whores, I think I've got it figured out. That video likely pre-dates the awarding of a jersey for a world champion in the time trial. Now, I know some of you ****s who became experts on cycling when Lance won his first Tour might be blown away by this, but the awarding of medals in the itt started in 1994 when Chris Boarderman slapped down Jan Ullrich like a Jamaican prostitute to take the win. Prior to that, there was no itt world championship.

Armstrong won the world rr in 93, so by default he flies the rainbow flag with pride during all road events for that year. In fact, Lance doesn't need a reason to fly the rainbow flag as made evident by this 1999 gay pride parade image. Lance is clearly visible on the right getting his groove on.

helmutRoole2 said:
Alright you stupid whores, I think I've got it figured out. That video likely pre-dates the awarding of a jersey for a world champion in the time trial. Now, I know some of you ****s who became experts on cycling when Lance won his first Tour might be blown away by this, but the awarding of medals in the itt started in 1994 when Chris Boarderman slapped down Jan Ullrich like a Jamaican prostitute to take the win. Prior to that, there was no itt world championship.

Armstrong won the world rr in 93, so by default he wears it during all road events for that year. If that was the 93 Tour, then it all makes sense.
Thanks for letting us know, ****. :p

wilmar13 said:
Of course not, all the Anti-Lance folks that think he abused drugs, even though there is no proof and no way since he is personally ridding the world of cancer, fabricated it… you douche :p
What about the six (6), did you hear me, six positve EPO tests during the 1999 Tour? He never asked to have these samples retested. You know why? He knows that he was on EPO.

Of course, I have no proof that his drugs were the ones dumped in the woods by the Mercedes. Does anybody believe Bruyneel when he says that the Actovegin was for USPS staffer with diabetes?

Felt_Rider said:
The only thing I find positive about cortisol is the ability to block pain during a sporting event. However, I believe many retired professional athletes that competed in impact event like the NFL are near crippled later in life because these types of steroids are used to block the pain during the season and yet the injury continues to digress rather than heal.

I have found no other legitimate study stating that there is an increase in performance from the increase in cortisol level, natural or synthetic.

I also find it odd to use anabolics and cortisone injection at the same time since each interfere with each other in binding to the receptor. In a sense blocking one or the other out. However, many people do this temporarily because of the statement above and that is to block pain during the event. Otherwise it is more beneficial to reduce cortisol levels as much as possible (for a natural or a PED user).

Cortisone (ACTH)injections can also weaken the immune system and increase the risk of colds or flu. The positive for a cyclist perhaps could be the muscle wasting aspect for a larger more muscular athelete. It is also said to impact mood which may be a positive depending on the person and the event, but AAS also impact the mood potentially making a much more aggressive athlete.
I recently read a German book solely dedicated to the use of performance enhancing drugs in endurance sports, not bodybuilding or else. The author stated that anabolics have a tendency to tighten up muscles due to increased storage of water and other factors. Things you definitely want if you have to race especially in hills. Here the corticoids come in. They seem to loosen the muscle and thereby enable greater performance in athletes, particulary those on steroids.This is the competition side of corticoids.
The other effect ist that as catabolic hormones, corticoids "melt down" muscle tissue that is not all to active, like the upper body of cyclists. When looking at the upper and lower bodies of pros, this sounds quite conclusive.
On the other hand, side effects of long term use also have to be considered as written in somes posts here. One side effect for performance orintes athletes is the accumulation of excessice body fat, if taken to long or in doses to high.

Thanks for the discussion and what you state is reality and is something that I did take into consideration on my previous response, but did not express that point of view.

As a former user I avoided using cortisone injections on or off season even when my physician desired to use them on me to help me through an injury during pre contest training because of the antagonistic effect of cortisone while using anabolics. I was determined to endure the pain long enough to make it to competition and then take time off to properly rehab the injury.

However, over the weeks and months of preparation for various types of competitive sports many athletes suffer injuries (mostly repetitive use injuries) or inflammation that can hinder. There comes a time for some of those athletes to make a decision between the antogonistic effect between the two since both are trying to bind to the same receptor site and being able to endure training (which is usually ramped up and makes the rehab impossible and more than likely the pain more intense). I can't imagine the discomfort that Landis endured while preparing for the 2006 season. At that point of enduring discomfort you ask for relief without regard of the antogonistic effect of the two drugs.

It would be foolish of me to state these are the reasons and the only reasons, but it seemed to be the most common in my former circle of associates as I know other lifters that would get cortisone injections for injured rotator cuffs while simulanteously using anabolics. They used the cortisone reluctantly. Everything I have researched keeps going back to no performance ehancement from cortisone and cortisone used primarily for blocking pain. In that sense one will perform much better when not in pain. That can be debated as to whether that is performance enhancing or if it merely puts the person in pain back to a normal competitive level in the field of athletes. I would imagine it does provide a slight advantage, but not as big of an advantage as EPO, GH and AAS.

Link 1

Rolfrae said:
When was Lance Armstrong ever the World Time Trial Champ? I thought he was road champ and only TT champs could wear the jersey during TTs?

There wasn't a World championship TT untill Chris Boardman won in 1994 presumably after this Tour was over.

TiMan said:
I took 175 mg of testosterone per week by injection for one season.The ability to recover after repeated hard days was unreal. This dose of testosterone put my testosterone level above 1000ng/dl...about twice what a normal male puts out.
This is what the test does....it helps you recover. You can also get down below 6% body fat without loosing any muscle mass. On the down side test, and all steroids, will make you hold water weight and I was holding about 5 pounds I think. The water, however, is mainly intramuscular and it helps with strength a lot.

Sides.....acne, lost a bit of hair, and of course even a small dose of testosterone will shut down your natural testosterone production completely. When you stop it takes a while before your natural testosterone level comes back and you feel tired and with no sex drive at all.
Testosterone and all steroids will make your good cholesterol(hdl) basically disappear as well while "on" the stuff.

I also used EPO for 4 months 4000 iu's injected sub Q in the lower belly fat once a week to build, and then 1000 a week to hold. 4000iu's will bring your hematocrit up 1% a week.
I went up to 54% but even at 50%, the legal limit in the pro ranks , my performance was unreal.
My sustainable power output went from 350 to 420 in three months!!! That's a 20% gain!!!

Sides.....none because I checked my crit every three days with a portable crit tester.
I also NEVER got dehydrated and never went above 54%.
If anyone does not test their hematocrit at least weekly then they are idiots plain and simple.

Anyone that goes above 55% is an idiot because at night when your heart rate and blood pressure drops you can DIE simply because the heart is not getting enough oxygen.
By the way Riis and Pantani were well above 55% when they won "the tour".

At the time I was racing Cat 1 and I can tell you that most of the guys that were really good riders were on EPO or at least blood doping.

Now for the VERY COMMON way to blood dope.
Our team doctor would take about a liter of blood out of each of us a couple months before a big race. Then he would spin it in a centrifuge to rid the blood of plasma...what was left was pure red blood cells(packed cells). He would then drain the blood into blood bags, put preservative in it and put the whole nine yards in a frige at 33 degrees F. The day of the race we would infuse our own blood back. Each unit of packed cells(about 300cc) would increase our hematocrit about by 3!!! so if you infused 3 units you jumped 9 points....like from 45 to 54%!!!

Now I don't think that anyone should use drugs. I for one didn't like myself while I was "on". I always wondered about the guys in the back of the pack...what if they took drugs...maybe they would kick my ass. What about the pro's that don't use drugs ....maybe they would kick Armstrongs ass too.

SO...anyone who believes that Armstrong or any other top pro or even any top Cat 1 national level rider is clean simply lacks high level racing experince. Armstrong is an asshole for saying he has is clean......Greg Lemond know better. I do NOT wear the yellow wrist band!!!

I believe that a lot of guys in the pros do drugs, perhaps 99-99.8% of them. I think it would be cool for a team to to be followed by cameras 24/7 for a year before they rode the tour, then at the tour and see if anyone can finish.

Ok...not that I want to be a user or anything...but where do you get the EPO and testosterone from?

TiMan said:
Yes.....his excuse and quickly produced doc script for a cream worked and there was no charge. But as I said before.....nobody uses a cream with a corticosteroid in it because it thi ns the skin...that's commonly know. AND....the riders and their doctors know excatly what is in every product they use and they would never miss a seeing a corticosteroid.
This is true only if used for a sustained period of time, depending on the specific steroid. I have issues with dermatitis that require the use of a topical cream from time to time. While some might call me thin-skinned, it has nothing to do with the areas to which I apply the cream. :eek:

If used only for a week or two at a time there are usually no issues with products like Sigmacort and it cousins. So much so, that where i live they are a available from pharmacies without scripts.

Bro Deal said:

Before a bunch of you knuckleheads run out and buy some EPO, be aware that this is can be deadly sh$t. You just dont go shooting EPO and think you will become Lance. Unless you have the means or equipment to monitor your hematocrit on weekly basis dont even think about. Just my $.02. You life do with it as you please. Just be aware you could wake up dead some morning because your blood got to thick.

macd said:
Before a bunch of you knuckleheads run out and buy some EPO, be aware that this is can be deadly sh$t. You just dont go shooting EPO and think you will become Lance. Unless you have the means or equipment to monitor your hematocrit on weekly basis dont even think about. Just my $.02. You life do with it as you please. Just be aware you could wake up dead some morning because your blood got to thick.
I never said I was gonna do it, cause as you say, unless you can monitor it every week, it could be very dangerous...either way, I value my life and my image too much to be a "user".