My experince with drugs and blood doping

Discussion in 'Doping in Cycling' started by TiMan, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

I never said he did say he was TT champ - I just wondered when the rule changed that allowed to road champ to wear the stripes during a TT stage?

2. helmutRoole2

helmutRoole2 New Member

That is weird. Yeah, what the hell?

3. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

I've seen the vid on youtube but without sound, is it really LA he steamrollers passed?

4. wilmar13

wilmar13 New Member

Of course not, all the Anti-Lance folks that think he abused drugs, even though there is no proof and no way since he is personally ridding the world of cancer, fabricated it… you douche :p

5. helmutRoole2

helmutRoole2 New Member

Alright you stupid whores, I think I've got it figured out. That video likely pre-dates the awarding of a jersey for a world champion in the time trial. Now, I know some of you sluts who became experts on cycling when Lance won his first Tour might be blown away by this, but the awarding of medals in the itt started in 1994 when Chris Boarderman slapped down Jan Ullrich like a Jamaican prostitute to take the win. Prior to that, there was no itt world championship.

Armstrong won the world rr in 93, so by default he flies the rainbow flag with pride during all road events for that year. In fact, Lance doesn't need a reason to fly the rainbow flag as made evident by this 1999 gay pride parade image. Lance is clearly visible on the right getting his groove on.

6. Rolfrae

Rolfrae New Member

Thanks for letting us know, slut. :p

7. riverfever

riverfever New Member

Nominated for most interesting thread I've found on this site yet. Thanks Timan.

8. ives

ives New Member

agreed.

9. Frigo's Luggage

Frigo's Luggage New Member

What about the six (6), did you hear me, six positve EPO tests during the 1999 Tour? He never asked to have these samples retested. You know why? He knows that he was on EPO.

Of course, I have no proof that his drugs were the ones dumped in the woods by the Mercedes. Does anybody believe Bruyneel when he says that the Actovegin was for USPS staffer with diabetes?

10. TiMan

TiMan New Member

LOL
    :D

11. Speedskater

Speedskater New Member

I recently read a German book solely dedicated to the use of performance enhancing drugs in endurance sports, not bodybuilding or else. The author stated that anabolics have a tendency to tighten up muscles due to increased storage of water and other factors. Things you definitely want if you have to race especially in hills. Here the corticoids come in. They seem to loosen the muscle and thereby enable greater performance in athletes, particulary those on steroids.This is the competition side of corticoids.
    The other effect ist that as catabolic hormones, corticoids "melt down" muscle tissue that is not all to active, like the upper body of cyclists. When looking at the upper and lower bodies of pros, this sounds quite conclusive.
    On the other hand, side effects of long term use also have to be considered as written in somes posts here. One side effect for performance orintes athletes is the accumulation of excessice body fat, if taken to long or in doses to high.

12. Felt_Rider

Felt_Rider Active Member

Thanks for the discussion and what you state is reality and is something that I did take into consideration on my previous response, but did not express that point of view.

As a former user I avoided using cortisone injections on or off season even when my physician desired to use them on me to help me through an injury during pre contest training because of the antagonistic effect of cortisone while using anabolics. I was determined to endure the pain long enough to make it to competition and then take time off to properly rehab the injury.

However, over the weeks and months of preparation for various types of competitive sports many athletes suffer injuries (mostly repetitive use injuries) or inflammation that can hinder. There comes a time for some of those athletes to make a decision between the antogonistic effect between the two since both are trying to bind to the same receptor site and being able to endure training (which is usually ramped up and makes the rehab impossible and more than likely the pain more intense). I can't imagine the discomfort that Landis endured while preparing for the 2006 season. At that point of enduring discomfort you ask for relief without regard of the antogonistic effect of the two drugs.

It would be foolish of me to state these are the reasons and the only reasons, but it seemed to be the most common in my former circle of associates as I know other lifters that would get cortisone injections for injured rotator cuffs while simulanteously using anabolics. They used the cortisone reluctantly. Everything I have researched keeps going back to no performance ehancement from cortisone and cortisone used primarily for blocking pain. In that sense one will perform much better when not in pain. That can be debated as to whether that is performance enhancing or if it merely puts the person in pain back to a normal competitive level in the field of athletes. I would imagine it does provide a slight advantage, but not as big of an advantage as EPO, GH and AAS.

Link 1

13. Chris_E

Chris_E New Member

There wasn't a World championship TT untill Chris Boardman won in 1994 presumably after this Tour was over.

14. bikerboy

bikerboy New Member

I believe that a lot of guys in the pros do drugs, perhaps 99-99.8% of them. I think it would be cool for a team to to be followed by cameras 24/7 for a year before they rode the tour, then at the tour and see if anyone can finish.

15. dsschanze

dsschanze New Member

Ok...not that I want to be a user or anything...but where do you get the EPO and testosterone from?

16. Bro Deal

Bro Deal New Member

17. dsschanze

dsschanze New Member

18. j.r.hawkins

j.r.hawkins New Member

This is true only if used for a sustained period of time, depending on the specific steroid. I have issues with dermatitis that require the use of a topical cream from time to time. While some might call me thin-skinned, it has nothing to do with the areas to which I apply the cream. :eek:

If used only for a week or two at a time there are usually no issues with products like Sigmacort and it cousins. So much so, that where i live they are a available from pharmacies without scripts.

19. macd

macd New Member

Before a bunch of you knuckleheads run out and buy some EPO, be aware that this is can be deadly sh$t. You just dont go shooting EPO and think you will become Lance. Unless you have the means or equipment to monitor your hematocrit on weekly basis dont even think about. Just my $.02. You life do with it as you please. Just be aware you could wake up dead some morning because your blood got to thick.

20. dsschanze

dsschanze New Member

I never said I was gonna do it, cause as you say, unless you can monitor it every week, it could be very dangerous...either way, I value my life and my image too much to be a "user".