My fault, sorry

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    The rain at about 3:30 was my fault, I'm afraid - I nipped out to wash down the tourer. The old girl
    cleans up well, though :)

    Guy
    ===
    dynamic DNS permitting)
    work. Apologies.

    Tags:

  2. Peter B

    Peter B Guest

    > The rain at about 3:30 was my fault, I'm afraid - I nipped out to wash down the tourer. The old
    > girl cleans up well, though :)

    That'd be that southern rain then. I went out at about 11:30 and it was tipping it down, about a
    half hour later it stopped and the sun turned up and remained not only for the remainder of my ride
    but until it set, which is nice :)

    Pete

  3. > The old girl cleans up well, though :)

    That's your better half described ;-)

    Now about the rain and the bike ...

    Cheers, helen s ;-)

    ~~~~~~~~~~

    ~~~~~~~~~~

  4. "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > The rain at about 3:30 was my fault, I'm afraid - I nipped out to wash down the tourer. The old
    > girl cleans up well, though :)
    >
    > Guy

    Guy, I can only assume you didn't get out of bed till 2.00! It rained on me continuously for a slow
    50 miles from when I left Ealing at 8.00, up through Beaconsfield and down to Jenner's. In spite of
    staying in Jenner's for longer than anyone should it was still raining when we left, and only
    stopped at when I got to within 6 miles of home. My wife said it stopped raining in Ealing at 9.00
    (how would she know ;-) ? ) and was hot and sunny till I got home.

    First long ride for about six weeks or more. It showed. I could hardly move in the afternoon, except
    to go out for Bombay Aloo and Saag Paneer - which was delicious. Nice to be out as well, and, thanks
    to my new Christmas Jacket, I was kept warm and free from rain. The sweat was another matter. SteveP