My feet are too wide for sidi energy high tech shoes....

kleng said:
You have to ring them, they don't have on-line ordering.
gave em a buzz. The entire of melbourne seems to be fresh out of 43 in anything... the only thing i"ve come close to is a dragon which is a mountain bike sidi :(

Mega's aren't really. I take 2-4e in regular shoes and still went over the edge of the megas with my 5th metatarsal. Wound up ordering custom through D2custom footwear. Very happy!

mikem said:
Mega's aren't really. I take 2-4e in regular shoes and still went over the edge of the megas with my 5th metatarsal. Wound up ordering custom through D2custom footwear. Very happy!
wow a custom fit would be geat in any shoe... is there a good place in victoria for a custom fit? Sidi dont' do custom fit I dont' think and I'm guessing it would be ridiculous in price haha

mikem said:
You'd have to contact them to see if they'll do out of the U.S., but I don't see why they wouldn't. They're pricey, but wonderful shoes:

http://www.d2customfootwear.com/
Its all good. I ordered my Sidi Ergo 1 Carbon Black size 43 for only $368 aussie dollars delivered from cbike.com certainly a bargain. No LBS in victoria had my size at all. ONly those massive odd sizes are left over.

I look forward to my ergos!! :D

Shoe fit can be tricky. I just fit in Sidis -mostly! The problem for me is that on long climbs the bones running back from my little toe dont get the support I need as a result of a narrow last and become very uncomfortable. This only happens when on longer climbs. Also remember your feet swell on hot days and can make a snug shoe really uncomfortable if there is no room left to slacken off the bindings (as in this years alpine classic). My next shoes will have a last that supports the entire width of my foot rather than relying on the wrap around effect from the uppers
Fitz

fitz said:
Shoe fit can be tricky. I just fit in Sidis -mostly! The problem for me is that on long climbs the bones running back from my little toe dont get the support I need as a result of a narrow last and become very uncomfortable. This only happens when on longer climbs. Also remember your feet swell on hot days and can make a snug shoe really uncomfortable if there is no room left to slacken off the bindings (as in this years alpine classic). My next shoes will have a last that supports the entire width of my foot rather than relying on the wrap around effect from the uppers
Fitz
yeah I"m hoping they don't turn out to be a nightmare... but they feel really nice when I put them on. I"m sure they will stretch a bit since its leather =)

wcngu1 said:
yeah I"m hoping they don't turn out to be a nightmare... but they feel really nice when I put them on. I"m sure they will stretch a bit since its leather =)
I think all Sidi shoes are made of a combination of lorica (synthetic material) and mesh, I found with my previous Sidi genius shoes it does not stretch at all as this would defeat the purpose of a close fitting shoe.

See the paragraph on lorica in this link

http://xoomgear.com/roadbike/shoes/shoes/0/Sidi_Ergo1/933/

So lets hope you got the right size.

kleng said:
I think all Sidi shoes are made of a combination of lorica (synthetic material) and mesh, I found with my previous Sidi genius shoes it does not stretch at all as this would defeat the purpose of a close fitting shoe.

I found this comment on the yellowjersey.org site

"This stuff looks and feels just like top quality Italian processed leather, but it's not. Years ago the advice on cycling shoes was 'buy 'em tight - - they stretch'. That is no longer the case. Modern Lorica shoes will not hold water so they fit the same today as they will in five or ten years. As a bonus, they will not smell, rot or mold and you can clean them easily with a cloth wrung out in hot soapy water."

So lets hope you got the right size.
Yeah it felt comfy with no pain so its a firm fit. I really liked it. Can't wait till they arrive :D

On the subject of trying stuff at the LBS then buying overseas on internet I do this with a b*****d bike shop whos owner ****** me off for been so rude to me and other customers. So I use his shop as a fitting room. :D :D :D

I got an absolutely awesome deal on a pair of Nike Poggio 4 UL. they are normally only like $330 and are an excellent shoe, so light yet so stiff. My size 45s weighed 521g without cleats which is just over half the weight of my old behemoth exustar things which were 943g for the pair. You can actually feel the difference.

bobbyOCR said:
I got an absolutely awesome deal on a pair of Nike Poggio 4 UL. they are normally only like $330 and are an excellent shoe, so light yet so stiff. My size 45s weighed 521g without cleats which is just over half the weight of my old behemoth exustar things which were 943g for the pair. You can actually feel the difference.
I"ve always steered away from Nike for everything. I"ve always had the impression they are for looks and not quality. My running shoes are Asics and for other sports shoes I choose adidas (soccer boots). So i'm a bit anti nike haha I only thing I liked from them are my soccer shin guards and soccer ball!!! :D

wcngu1 said:
I"ve always steered away from Nike for everything. I"ve always had the impression they are for looks and not quality. My running shoes are Asics and for other sports shoes I choose adidas (soccer boots). So i'm a bit anti nike haha I only thing I liked from them are my soccer shin guards and soccer ball!!! :D
Funny thing, I thought I was anti-nike and anti-lance brand in general because of the hideous price:quality ratio (for example the 10//2 bib knicks) but when I was offered such a good deal on those shoes, I said yes and they have been excellent. The durability of the upper is excellent. Distinct lack of padding though...

Nike is like the Radio Shack of athletic clothing - they don't make any of their stuff (except the sneakers). Would be interesting to find out who makes their shoes!

bobbyOCR said:
Funny thing, I thought I was anti-nike and anti-lance brand in general because of the hideous price:quality ratio (for example the 10//2 bib knicks) but when I was offered such a good deal on those shoes, I said yes and they have been excellent. The durability of the upper is excellent. Distinct lack of padding though...
hmm I really wanted sidi as I heard they are extremely reliable and will last a lifetime. Thats why I decided to just get the best one (Sidi Ergo CArbons...) and cough up the cash since it'll last me 2 or 3 shoes lifetimes of another type. I"ve bought so many things I plan to keep for a long time. e.g Specialized arc sunglasses which apparently ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE :D lol they are bulletproof!! and my Giant2006 TCR Composite 2. Look KEO pedals (how long do pedals last?)

Ha, Radio Shack, fair comment. I don't care who makes it, they are great shoes. If Sidis suit you the best, excellent for you. I will see how long these last (keep in mind they were like 1/2 the price of ergo carbons) then i may get a pair of something like Sidis. Right now, i am happy riding a '..bloody light pair of slippers...' as a mate put it.

bobbyOCR said:
Ha, Radio Shack, fair comment. I don't care who makes it, they are great shoes. If Sidis suit you the best, excellent for you. I will see how long these last (keep in mind they were like 1/2 the price of ergo carbons) then i may get a pair of something like Sidis. Right now, i am happy riding a '..bloody light pair of slippers...' as a mate put it.
yeah sidi's are pretty darn expensive. I only bought my Sidi Ergo carbons because they were $368 Australian dollars which is a pretty darn good deal for them :D Tell me how the Nike ones go :)

wcngu1 said:
yeah sidi's are pretty darn expensive. I only bought my Sidi Ergo carbons because they were $368 Australian dollars which is a pretty darn good deal for them :D Tell me how the Nike ones go :)
Fair buy, cheapest I've seen them is $408 not including post. Hopefully the Nike ones keep going as they are for a few years, Then I will be impressed (the materials are so thin it feels very flimsy but doesn't abrade)

bobbyOCR said:
Fair buy, cheapest I've seen them is $408 not including post. Hopefully the Nike ones keep going as they are for a few years, Then I will be impressed (the materials are so thin it feels very flimsy but doesn't abrade)
yeah it was $368 aussie dollars INCLUDING post hehe I was amazed!! only $250 US dollars! for the shoe and $18 delivery! I was lucky though cuz it was the last pair and it was my size.

About to open another post about saddles. If your bored give me some expert opinion ;)