My feet are too wide for sidi energy high tech shoes....



wcngu1

New Member
Aug 13, 2006
150
0
0
After a month of research and when I had finally organized all my gear from probikekit.com and totalcycling and was about to pay for them all I had to do was go to a LBS and test the sidi shoes on my feet to find the right size.

to my HORROR I found that my feet are far too wide for the Sidi High tech ENergy shoes and had no idea what to do. I did a bit more research and found that there are MEGA sizes in a few models such as the Genius 5 MEGA shoe but I was wondering if sidi were going to make the High tech energy shoe in a MEGA size or even the ERGO in a MEGA size. Or maybe I can get them custom made or they already exist somewhere?

Im sure many people have been in my situation haha I wish I didnt' have such flat and wide feet :(

also if anyone has any good sites besides probikekit.com and totalcycling for sidi shoes because they dont' stock the mega's or dont' have my size
 
wcngu1.......I too will have this problem due to the widest, ugliest feet on the planet. Not to mention that one is bigger than the other as well.

I'm going from SPD MB to road pedals [actually they are at the PO as we speak, from PBK, ordered 9am Friday, ready for pick up today......unbelievable]

On principle though, I don't think I will be trying on shoes at my [or any other] LBS to find out my size, and then order them from the net, just doesn't seem right.

Anyway it’s an individual decision
 
Albert 50 said:
wcngu1.......I too will have this problem due to the widest, ugliest feet on the planet. Not to mention that one is bigger than the other as well.

I'm going from SPD MB to road pedals [actually they are at the PO as we speak, from PBK, ordered 9am Friday, ready for pick up today......unbelievable]

On principle though, I don't think I will be trying on shoes at my [or any other] LBS to find out my size, and then order them from the net, just doesn't seem right.

Anyway it’s an individual decision
yeah thats true but being a student I gotta be a little stingy naturally lol. Regardless I talked to my LBS and he agreed to do a deal with me :)
 
charliechops said:
I had the same problem (feet a little too big), got all excited and went out and ordered my Sidi Energy shoes in from my LBS. http://www.sidi.com.au/Energy.htm. After a while the leather did stretch thankfully.Just depends on how big your plates are.

wow I almost did that as well but did it hurt your feet that way? do they fit perfectly now or is it still quite not right? I really want the energy high tech but if its not going to be the best fit I might have no choice but to buy thte genius 5 MEga shoes...
 
The Megas are great shoes. All these people talking about sore feet and hotspots....I have no idea what they're talking about.

Shoes are personal though. They're the one thing I'd never buy via the net unless I'd tried them on beforehand.
 
wcngu1 said:
wow I almost did that as well but did it hurt your feet that way? do they fit perfectly now or is it still quite not right? I really want the energy high tech but if its not going to be the best fit I might have no choice but to buy thte genius 5 MEga shoes...
They fit pretty good now.I've adjusted the 'spider' buckle right out and the lock buckle, that seemed to help alot. Best idea is to try them on and maybe play with the buckles.They will stretch, but as I said before, it really depends on how tight your feet are in them.You will be doing a lot of kms in them for a few years I would would say, so you need something that's going to be comfortable.Not to mention the $$$$$ you spend on them in the first place. :D
 
charliechops said:
They fit pretty good now.I've adjusted the 'spider' buckle right out and the lock buckle, that seemed to help alot. Best idea is to try them on and maybe play with the buckles.They will stretch, but as I said before, it really depends on how tight your feet are in them.You will be doing a lot of kms in them for a few years I would would say, so you need something that's going to be comfortable.Not to mention the $$$$$ you spend on them in the first place. :D
wow. I tried on the Genius 5s (not the wider Mega fits) and although it felt kinda comfy the shop dealer showed me that my foot was actually wider than the shoe when I took the shoe off... was this the case for you? does the base of the shoe have to be wider than your foot? or is it ok for the sides of your foot to stretch the sides and beyond the carbon base? haha I have so many questions... sorry :eek:
 
wcngu1 said:
wow. I tried on the Genius 5s (not the wider Mega fits) and although it felt kinda comfy the shop dealer showed me that my foot was actually wider than the shoe when I took the shoe off... was this the case for you? does the base of the shoe have to be wider than your foot? or is it ok for the sides of your foot to stretch the sides and beyond the carbon base? haha I have so many questions... sorry :eek:
The base on the Sidi is small..hence a shoe for the smaller foot.When I put my foot ontop of the shoe and look down, i don't see a shoe.Which leads me to think i have a wider foot. The sides of my feet do are most likely strecthing beyond the carbon base.The base or ball of the foot is in the correct postion in relation to the shoe, as is the heel because lenghth ways it fits fine.Have you tried the Mega fits yet? Would be a good idea so you sould see the difference.:confused:
 
charliechops said:
The base on the Sidi is small..hence a shoe for the smaller foot.When I put my foot ontop of the shoe and look down, i don't see a shoe.Which leads me to think i have a wider foot. The sides of my feet do are most likely strecthing beyond the carbon base.The base or ball of the foot is in the correct postion in relation to the shoe, as is the heel because lenghth ways it fits fine.Have you tried the Mega fits yet? Would be a good idea so you sould see the difference.:confused:
hehe It sounds like you have my exact problem. My feet also were wider than the actual shoe :( . My LBS dealer told me "NO WAY YOUR FEET ARE FAR TOO WIDE" and told me that it would be ultimately uncomfortable when riding. The funny thing is that actually felt quite nice on my feet but thats a different story when the support is needed on the base when pedalling maybe? I've been trying to hunt down Genius 5 MEGA size but with no luck.. My LBS said I had to wait till october to get them shipped in which is way too long... he even suggested I buy it online haha. Althought you had the same problem as me you seem to have turned out fine? this is so confusing lol. cheers charlie it looks like your my identicle foot twin!!

Also just wondering if there was much of a difference between the Genius mega 4 and the Genius mega 5? somone messaged me privately in forum and I will probably buy the Genius 4 mega's off him on saturday when I try them on. Are they pretty much identicle or are there huge improvements between the two?
 
wcngu1 said:
hehe It sounds like you have my exact problem. My feet also were wider than the actual shoe :( . My LBS dealer told me "NO WAY YOUR FEET ARE FAR TOO WIDE" and told me that it would be ultimately uncomfortable when riding. The funny thing is that actually felt quite nice on my feet but thats a different story when the support is needed on the base when pedalling maybe? I've been trying to hunt down Genius 5 MEGA size but with no luck.. My LBS said I had to wait till october to get them shipped in which is way too long... he even suggested I buy it online haha. Althought you had the same problem as me you seem to have turned out fine? this is so confusing lol. cheers charlie it looks like your my identicle foot twin!!

Also just wondering if there was much of a difference between the Genius mega 4 and the Genius mega 5? somone messaged me privately in forum and I will probably buy the Genius 4 mega's off him on saturday when I try them on. Are they pretty much identicle or are there huge improvements between the two?
Hello long lost foot bruffa....I don't know much about the Genius mega 4 differences.Someone on the forum may???

Good luck with the shoes.If Im out riding one day a see some a couple of flippers ride by I know it will be you....Quack! quack!... That's what the ladies say anyways;)
 
charliechops said:
Hello long lost foot bruffa....I don't know much about the Genius mega 4 differences.Someone on the forum may???

Good luck with the shoes.If Im out riding one day a see some a couple of flippers ride by I know it will be you....Quack! quack!... That's what the ladies say anyways;)
haha too bad you live in queensland although I me and my friend are dreaming one day we can bike from melbuorne to queensland! ahha I wonder if we ever grow big enough balls to actually even try it hey.

whats this quack quack? lol Golly I hope the women don't run away from my clown feet.... but as you know.. bigger feet means that a mans ...(i'll let you finish the sentence:D )
 
I know how you feel my feet are short and wide with high arch and instep.
I won an expensive pair of Nike Cycling shoes and then had to choose a cheaper alternative as harly any of their range would fit,ok so the ones that fitted were about 5 sizes to long.
 
now I"m bloody confused.. I went to a second LBS who has been in the business for 16 years and he too has wider EEE feet but still wears normal shoes. He told me it doesn't matter that the feet are wider than the shoe because its only the balls of of your foot that really matter. And no he wasn't trying to get me to buy his shoes because he didn't sell sidi's. He pretty much told me if I could fit into the shoe and it wasn't painful then Its perfectly fine even if the base is smaller than my foot in width.

Now I will never know unless I try the sidi shoe instore but I can't find any hi tech energy shoes in a 43 in the entire victoria.. its driving me nuts...
 
wcngu1 said:
now I"m bloody confused.. I went to a second LBS who has been in the business for 16 years and he too has wider EEE feet but still wears normal shoes. He told me it doesn't matter that the feet are wider than the shoe because its only the balls of of your foot that really matter. And no he wasn't trying to get me to buy his shoes because he didn't sell sidi's. He pretty much told me if I could fit into the shoe and it wasn't painful then Its perfectly fine even if the base is smaller than my foot in width.

Now I will never know unless I try the sidi shoe instore but I can't find any hi tech energy shoes in a 43 in the entire victoria.. its driving me nuts...
Tough it out foot bruffa......Old LBS man has a point.If the balls of your feet are in the correct place, and the heel in is the correct place (like mine) you wouldn't think there would be a problem.The base on my Sidi shoes are most definitely smaller than the width of my foot....he he he he....and there is another curve ball at cha:D
 
charliechops said:
Tough it out foot bruffa......Old LBS man has a point.If the balls of your feet are in the correct place, and the heel in is the correct place (like mine) you wouldn't think there would be a problem.The base on my Sidi shoes are most definitely smaller than the width of my foot....he he he he....and there is another curve ball at cha:D
haha goddamnit! I woudln't really care if I hadn't just ordered a whole buncha stuff from totalcycling.com which charges 60 bucks postage!! now I gotta make another order from totalcycling.com and get charged 60 bucks just for shoes! arrrrgh.... I can't bloody buy them in victoria cuz noone actually has 43 in ANYTHIng lol.

Hell I'll just buy the normal size then and stretch em out over time :mad: hehe
 
wcngu1 said:
haha goddamnit! I woudln't really care if I hadn't just ordered a whole buncha stuff from totalcycling.com which charges 60 bucks postage!! now I gotta make another order from totalcycling.com and get charged 60 bucks just for shoes! arrrrgh.... I can't bloody buy them in victoria cuz noone actually has 43 in ANYTHIng lol.

Hell I'll just buy the normal size then and stretch em out over time :mad: hehe
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar probably dont want to hear this buuuuuuuuuuuut, Probikekit http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Sidi%20Shoes&START=0&LIMIT=51 seem to have a lo of Sidi shoes in 43:( :)
 
charliechops said:
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar probably dont want to hear this buuuuuuuuuuuut, Probikekit http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?cat=Sidi%20Shoes&START=0&LIMIT=51 seem to have a lo of Sidi shoes in 43:( :)
hehe charlie you gotta check this site out and to to SIZING http://sidiusa.com/

here I found the charts for the estimated sizing and I"m dead on a 43 and my width is also perfect for a 43. I just think my LBS got confused or something... I"m sorta relieved now that I have something to aim for.

Charlie if you have time try to measure yourself with the chart and compare it with the size you actually have. I thought I was a size 8.5-9 US (or 42) but according to this chart I"m a 9-10 (43-43.5??) I'm not sure if the chart was made on purpose to make your feet seem a little larger maybe to adjust to the sidi shoes? I doubt my feet have grown lol. anyone else used this chart?

ANOTHER BREAK THROUGH!

http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/page.php?nom=RAYON&from=marque&who=98&plus=pagination&start=25

this site recommends buying shoes a size larger than usual. You can see this when you hover your mouse pointer above a product!! GODDAMN THIS IS WHAT i"VE BEEN LOOKING FOR
 
Regular Sidis are euro narrow, so if you're wide in other shoes, you'll be wide in the Sidis, no question.

No way in hell I'd buy shoes first without trying them on first either - especially if you're paying nearly 300 clams for a set. You'd have to be insane to do that.

You can always ring up the distributor and ask to meet at a shop at a given time to try a set on in your size, or often they'll be able to tell you who has what size in stock.

If that doesn't work, I get mine direct from the Aussie distributor so I might be able to organise something for you if the other avenues don't pan out.