My feet are too wide for sidi energy high tech shoes....

Thylacine said:
Regular Sidis are euro narrow, so if you're wide in other shoes, you'll be wide in the Sidis, no question.

No way in hell I'd buy shoes first without trying them on first either - especially if you're paying nearly 300 clams for a set. You'd have to be insane to do that.

You can always ring up the distributor and ask to meet at a shop at a given time to try a set on in your size, or often they'll be able to tell you who has what size in stock.

If that doesn't work, I get mine direct from the Aussie distributor so I might be able to organise something for you if the other avenues don't pan out.
Oh all my other shoes aren't specifically wide. My running shoes are the ASICS KAYANO 11's and I am so comfortable in them its not funny.
The other shoes I have are from adidas and they are very comfy as well.

I actually did try on the Sidi Dragon (because it was the only one I could find in the entire goddamn victoria that had 43 in ANYTHING sidi haha but these are mountain biking shoes? would they be a completely diffeent fit?) and they felt fine except my LBS told me my foot was wider than the base which makes it too small? that doens't make sense to me as you concentrate everything mostly on the balls of your foot when you push off.

IF you know any place in victoria that has 43 in genius or energy or even ergo's (I really dont' mind anymore as there isn't enough stock to be choosy..) PLEASE LET ME KNOW haha I"ve been searching for weeks.... its insane..

wcngu1 said:
hehe charlie you gotta check this site out and to to SIZING http://sidiusa.com/

here I found the charts for the estimated sizing and I"m dead on a 43 and my width is also perfect for a 43. I just think my LBS got confused or something... I"m sorta relieved now that I have something to aim for.

Charlie if you have time try to measure yourself with the chart and compare it with the size you actually have. I thought I was a size 8.5-9 US (or 42) but according to this chart I"m a 9-10 (43-43.5??) I'm not sure if the chart was made on purpose to make your feet seem a little larger maybe to adjust to the sidi shoes? I doubt my feet have grown lol. anyone else used this chart?

ANOTHER BREAK THROUGH!

http://www.xxcycle.com/php/boutique/page.php?

nom=RAYON&from=marque&who=98&plus=pagination&start=25

this site recommends buying shoes a size larger than usual. You can see this when you hover your mouse pointer above a product!! GODDAMN THIS IS WHAT i"VE BEEN LOOKING FOR
Ay wcngu1,

I did the chart challenge. My measurements come up trumps...I am normally a size 10 USA.I measured a 44 on the chart (USA 10) which matchs the 44 Sidi shoes which I own. I still came up 'wide' on the chart 4.5". The length has never been the problem, only the width.:D

charliechops said:
Ay wcngu1,

I did the chart challenge. My measurements come up trumps...I am normally a size 10 USA.I measured a 44 on the chart (USA 10) which matchs the 44 Sidi shoes which I own. I still came up 'wide' on the chart 4.5". The length has never been the problem, only the width.:D
wow and you still fit well? I measured my width and its 42.5 but then it tells us to subtrace 1/5 th of an inch which is 42.5-.2 ? which makes me 42.3. I"m a size 43 and the recommened width is 42. So i'm off by 0.3 which should make it perfect! unless I screwed up the 1/5th of an inch thing. Is that what they meant?

hey will, give spoken a call on 9670 0522. they're in the city in somerset place. i know they stock sidi's but not 100% sure what sizes they have

when eddy ruled said:
hey will, give spoken a call on 9670 0522. they're in the city in somerset place. i know they stock sidi's but not 100% sure what sizes they have
Thanks Pete. I already decided to get the Sidi's in a normal width size 43 as I find them comfy. I consulted many LBS and although they didn't have the size and they were sure if it felt comfortable enough it should not matter too much about the width. Also after testing myself on the Sidi sizing chart online I found I"m barely off the normal size but far away from the megas. There was a bargain yesterday from cbike.com that I could not refuse of Sidi ergo 1 carbons size 43 for only $368 aussie dollars including postage. :D