My first 200k Audax Tomorrow

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> How was it, then?

Very, very windy and very, very wet. I took a wrong turn
near Haslemere on the first stage and went up and over
Black Down (the

find the next route marker -- must've addded about 45 mins
to my time. Other than that, the route was very flat. The
third stage from Midhurst to New Arlesford was pretty wet.
Ditto the third, I almost bonked (all I could think of was
FOOD after finishing my last choccie bar) but gorged myself
on rice pudding and toast at Midhurst; so the final stage
went very well with a tail wind for much of it. Took me
about 10 hours.

Food was plentiful, Organisers did well. As ever!

Simon (may do the one near Cardiff next -- I have a friend
there who is *supposed* to be doing the PBP in 2007 as well)

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:27:56 -0000, "Simonb"
<[email protected]>:

>> But were you having fun?
>Absolutely! Even when I was lost!

Splendid :-D I was beginning to worry as I rode home this
evening in the wind and rain that perhaps I really shouldn't
be enjoying it...

--
Guy
===

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at
Washington University

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:27:56 -0000, "Simonb"
> <[email protected]> wrote in
> message <[email protected]>:
>
> >> But were you having fun?
> >Absolutely! Even when I was lost!
>
> Splendid :-D I was beginning to worry as I rode home this
> evening in the wind and rain that perhaps I really
> shouldn't be enjoying it...

I know the innocent enjoyment of certain compounds is
illegal, but I wasn't aware that enjoying the elements had
been banned. :)

--
Dave...

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Entirely believable. But were you having fun?
>
> Absolutely! Even when I was lost!
>
> Simon

I wonder if you would have enjoyed today's as much (Invicta
200); 76k into a 25mph headwind with 45mph gusts! good
character building stuff, wish I hadn't bothered cleaning
the bike last week after the glorified farm tracks it used;
enjoyed the last 5k ;-)

MartinM wrote:

> I wonder if you would have enjoyed today's as much
> (Invicta 200); 76k into a 25mph headwind with 45mph gusts!
> good character building stuff, wish I hadn't bothered
> cleaning the bike last week after the glorified farm
> tracks it used; enjoyed the last 5k ;-)

No go today. Bike's out of action: cracked hub (see above).

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > I wonder if you would have enjoyed today's as much
> > (Invicta 200); 76k into a 25mph headwind with 45mph
> > gusts! good character building stuff, wish I hadn't
> > bothered cleaning the bike last week after the glorified
> > farm tracks it used; enjoyed the last 5k ;-)
>
> No go today. Bike's out of action: cracked hub (see
> above).

Oh no ;o(

Hope it's fixed for Dorset Coast.

[email protected] (MartinM) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "Simonb" <[email protected]>
> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > MartinM wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder if you would have enjoyed today's as much
> > > (Invicta 200); 76k into a 25mph headwind with 45mph
> > > gusts! good character building stuff, wish I hadn't
> > > bothered cleaning the bike last week after the
> > > glorified farm tracks it used; enjoyed the last 5k ;-)
> >
> > No go today. Bike's out of action: cracked hub (see
> > above).
>
> Oh no ;o(
>
> Hope it's fixed for Dorset Coast.

Speaking of which, put my entry in today. Any
campsites nearby?

On 27 Mar 2004 01:26:51 -0800, in
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (MartinM) wrote:
>> Hope it's fixed for Dorset Coast.
>
>Speaking of which, put my entry in today. Any
>campsites nearby?

I can scan and email a few relevant pages from my 2002
campsite guide if you wish.

Email me (spamtrap)

Cheers, Rich x

--
[email protected] Personal Site: www.artybee.net (same
****, different layout) Sutton Brass :

On 27 Mar 2004 01:26:51 -0800, in
<[email protected]>,
[email protected] (MartinM) wrote:

>> Hope it's fixed for Dorset Coast.

>Speaking of which, put my entry in today. Any
>campsites nearby?

I can scan and email a few relevant pages from my 2002
campsite guide if you wish.

Email me

Cheers, Rich x

(apologies if this is a duplicate message)

--

Richard Bates <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 27 Mar 2004 01:26:51 -0800, in
> <[email protected]>,
> [email protected] (MartinM) wrote:
>
> >> Hope it's fixed for Dorset Coast.
>
> >Speaking of which, put my entry in today. Any campsites
> >nearby?
>
> I can scan and email a few relevant pages from my 2002
> campsite guide if you wish.
>
> Email me
>
> Cheers, Rich x
>
> (apologies if this is a duplicate message)

Thanks: please remove the 2 to reply; I see it says camping
nearby or at start which may be better ;-)