My First Bike Tour,Day Five -- Turn Out The Lights....

SierraSlim

Oct 4, 2010
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Day Five was our last day, consisting mostly of packing up and saying goodbye. It was sad to think of leaving on the one hand, but on the other hand, we were all tired and ready to be back at home... in some cases, lol.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]The morning started with breakfast, and our sleepy but always smiling guide, Linda, encouraging us to please take with us any of the food we could smuggle onto our flights.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]So we ate the last of the oatmeal and cereals, and packed the Luna bars for later. Watching television, we saw a news report that wasn't the best one for white-knuckle flyers like Sierra who are about to get on an airplane.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]The general consensus was yes, they probably could cause problems. But we had no choice other than to go home, so we packed up our things and said goodbye to new friends.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Then it was time head down the road again, back to Spokane. [/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]So off we went...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]and hit the road... in a place so lovely that even pictures taken through a moving windshield aren't too badl. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]But we'd gotten ready in such record time that we were able to stop at an old Indian Mission on the way.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]It was really interesting... [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px].... and very old. I like antique things... which may explain my love for Dear Hubby, lol!.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Some of the carvings were really lovely.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]So was the view out the front door![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]One of my favorite things was the unusual carved stair railings at the Visitor's Center.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]You could see well through them.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]But all too soon we were back in the van, and back in Spokane, preparing with heavy hearts to reenter the real world, where we wouldn't be surrounded by so much beauty or coddled nearly as much![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]We all agreed we'd like to do it again.... But until then, all we can do is look back with fond memories of special friends in a special place.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]And remember a special time. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]From Team Last-A-Lot, with Love, to The WomanTours Ladies of Idaho Greenways[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]We came from different walks of life to get away from daily strife,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]To leave behind our cares and woe and find some lovely place to go[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Where we could play, with hearts set free….[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]In the most gorgeous place we could ever be.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]We came from states across the land and formed a merry little band,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]A jolly Sister Cyclehood of cyclists new and cyclists good[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Who together formed a common goal:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Sisters, Let The Good Times Roll!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]We struggled up some daunting hills, and steep passes down provided thrills![/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]But whether the ride had been a breeze, or had mangled our butts and shredded our knees,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Always waiting at the end were several cheering, clapping friends[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Who – whether we’d been first or last – celebrated with us the goals we’d passed.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Friendships were made and bonds were formed, based not on speed or distance performed[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]But on mutual respect and a desire to nurture each others’ goals to help us go further,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]To go farther than we’ve been before….[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]To go one last mile… or maybe TWO more![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]And through it all we yearned to see what new excitement tomorrow would be,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]What the Lindas planned for us each day, as they helped us learn and grow through play.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]They fitted our bikes and filled our tires and spent numerous countless untold hours[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Preparing us all for the days ahead. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]So, when all is done and all is said….[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]Back to our homes we reluctantly go, wanting to stay. But still we know[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]That no matter how far away we’ll be, our hearts will remember Linda B and G,[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]And be full of gratitude for all we shared.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]We’re forever indebted [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR= #0000ff][SIZE= 12px]To Linda Squared.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Nice report and it looks like you have some great cycling memories to keep

It seems like I just keep repeating myself on all of these threads Sierra, but I think the photos and narrative are great. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

What a wonderful journey you had, I hope I have the chance to do something like that some day.

Reactions: SierraSlim