My FIrst Bike Tour, Day Four -- The Afternoon and Evening

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by SierraSlim, Jun 30, 2011.

1. SierraSlim

SierraSlim Active Member

After a nice lunch of pizza and salad, we had an empty afternoon ahead of us, since the substituted trail we'd taken in the morning wasn't as long as the one that had been planned prior to the snow and melting. So the guides booked a boat trip in Coeur d'Alene for us, where the weather was supposed to be warmer and sunnier than it was in Kellogg. So off we went....

[​IMG]

My sister, Sheila, was really tired from her morning ride (which had turned out to be a really nasty series of steep hills)....

[​IMG]

... so she missed some of the scenery passing by. But Coeur d'Alene was pretty enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was even a moose on the shore....

[​IMG]

... with a mouse on his nose!!

[​IMG]

And a boat pulling up to take us for a ride.

[​IMG]

So we happily climbed on deck, and settled in for a relaxing afternoon.

[​IMG]

There were a lot of houses along the shoreline that had steps which made Sierra's knees hurt again.

[​IMG]

... and houses which balanced on rocks.

[​IMG]

But the coolest thing of all was the golf course with its portable floating movable 18th hole....

[​IMG]

.... If the golfer misses the island twice, they motor it over to the mainland so he can get on the island and try it again until he gets it!
    We wish that had happened while we were passing it. But when we got back, there was a scene I usually don't see outside of Maui.

[​IMG]

These guys were paddle boarding -- and were cold, just watching them. So some of the ladies decided to warm up by doing some shopping.

[​IMG]

They can walk about as fast as they can ride, when shopping is involved!! I decided, however, to head back to the condo early to get ready for the evening's final dinner together. I wanted to write a poem for the occasion. So I took a last picture of the area....

[​IMG]

and got ready at the condo. Our meal would be at a really cute place:

[​IMG]

We loved the charm of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And supper was lucious. Especially the desserts.

[​IMG]

I had the mocha flan.... to die for. But nothing could prepare us for Kathy's dessert.

[​IMG]

I cantt believe they ate the whole thing.

[​IMG]

But they managed. Then there were speeches to be given....

[​IMG]

... and appreciation to be expressed. We gave the guides a gift, and I read the poem I'd written... which will close this post for good, on tomorrow's thread. The rest of this night was just having good times with good friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And beginning to say goodbye....

[​IMG]

The full brunt of that would be.... tomorrow.

Tags:

2. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Awesome stuff, Sierra! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

3. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Amazing how time fly's by. Your tour is already behind you. Maybe you can do a Brewery tour in the future and send us all samples. Great pictures looks like you captured the entire tour. Dont forget to keep cycling once you settle in to your new home.

4. Reid2

Reid2 Member

Awww, again, such a beautiful posting. You have such a way with words and thought organization and photography.

Am looking forward to the poem of your heart for us all here. Thank you!