My First Bike Tour -- Day One, The Afternoon

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by SierraSlim, Jun 13, 2011.

1. SierraSlim

SierraSlim Active Member

(Continued from Day One, The Morning)

Because I was so exhausted from climbing my way back uphill after was I lost that morning, I elected to ride in the Sag wagon after lunch to the next rest stop. Because the trail had been hillier than expected, I wasn't the only one who took a break from riding after lunch, so I didn't feel quite so bad about it. The rest stop, like all the scenery, was really pretty.
    [​IMG]

We waited there about half an hour for the riders to come in. One of the group ended up being my favorite and an instant friend. She is EIGHTY-FIVE years old, an absolute doll, and rode rings around most of us!
    [​IMG]

After that I got back on the bike and finished the ride for the day. I rode 26 miles in all, which is about the 4th longest I've ever gone. The scenery was really lovely all afternoon, the weather was gorgeous, and I ended up loving the whole day (except for the getting lost part). This is my sister along the way.

[​IMG]
    Day Two, tomorrow.

Tags:
    kdelong likes this.

2. Steve_A

Steve_A Member

No fair, we need pix of YOU, on that bike. Anyway, congratulations on your first great day! Steve

SierraSlim likes this.
  3. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member

Way to go. I am happy for you to be out riding. The weather looks great to me. Keep us posted.

4. kdelong

kdelong Well-Known Member

I'm happy that it all worked out for you. This was an entertaining two posts and I am anticipating hearing about the rest of the trip! BTW...the saddle on your loaner bike might have been a little bigger than normal, but it wasn't honkin.

SierraSlim likes this.
  5. IronGirl2011

IronGirl2011 New Member

Yay, for you Sierra! So glad you went (not so much about your mishap but it all turned out okay!) and your pictures are lovely... Great job...

SierraSlim likes this.
  6. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Wow, that's beautiful scenery!

Looks like it turned out to be a pretty good trip for you. Hopefully you can find a saddle like that loaner bike has, it sounds like it must be a perfect fit for you.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

SierraSlim likes this.