My First Crash

Mark Thompson

Guest
Wahey, my first bike on car joust today! Was cycling straight down the road when a nice lady coming
the opposite way in a nice merc turned right, across my path. I applied brakes hard but could not
stop in time. Fortunately because she hadn't seen me she kept on going and would have been gone
before I reached the space she was occupying BUT! then she finally saw me approaching side of car
and did the first thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes. So I hit her. With
brakes pulled brake cable stretchingly tight the impact turned out to be the disappointingly small
thud of rubber on metal and no damage done to car or bike so I gave a friendly wink and cycled off
to my lecture before she could say SMIDSY and that it was my fault for not wearing a helmet.

Sometimes it's better when they don't see you!

Mark Thompson wrote: then she finally saw me approaching side of car and
> did the first thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes. So I hit her.

Classic insurance claim quote. ;-) glad to hear no damage was done to anyone.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

change warm for hot wrote:

> Fortunately because she hadn't seen me she kept on going and would have been gone before I reached
> the space she was occupying BUT! then she finally saw me approaching side of car and did the first
> thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes.

Classic. Incorrect action compounded by incorrect reaction. Driving without due care, six points,
fined two hundred quid plus costs, next case.

Glad you escaped harm.

--
Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
educatus et nimis propinquus ades"