My First Crash

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mark Thompson, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. Wahey, my first bike on car joust today! Was cycling straight down the road when a nice lady coming
    the opposite way in a nice merc turned right, across my path. I applied brakes hard but could not
    stop in time. Fortunately because she hadn't seen me she kept on going and would have been gone
    before I reached the space she was occupying BUT! then she finally saw me approaching side of car
    and did the first thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes. So I hit her. With
    brakes pulled brake cable stretchingly tight the impact turned out to be the disappointingly small
    thud of rubber on metal and no damage done to car or bike so I gave a friendly wink and cycled off
    to my lecture before she could say SMIDSY and that it was my fault for not wearing a helmet.

    Sometimes it's better when they don't see you!

    Tags:

  2. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Mark Thompson wrote: then she finally saw me approaching side of car and
    > did the first thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes. So I hit her.

    Classic insurance claim quote. ;-) glad to hear no damage was done to anyone.

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    change warm for hot wrote:

    > Fortunately because she hadn't seen me she kept on going and would have been gone before I reached
    > the space she was occupying BUT! then she finally saw me approaching side of car and did the first
    > thing that comes into her head which was slam on the brakes.

    Classic. Incorrect action compounded by incorrect reaction. Driving without due care, six points,
    fined two hundred quid plus costs, next case.

    Glad you escaped harm.

    --
    Guy http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk "Sic hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter
    educatus et nimis propinquus ades"