My First Helmetcam MTB Video

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Sir Ride-A-Lot, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. My first MTB video filmed with a Helmetcam.com camera and a Canon Elura 40 miniDV camcorder.
    Composed on a Mac with iMovie (could I just can't get my cam to work on a PC). This is my
    first attempt so go easy on me. Yes, the video is sped up on part (how else can I get 8 miles
    in 4 minutes).

    Thanks for watching!

    www.schnauzers.ws/kg2/kgii.mov

    Tags:

  2. John Harlow

    John Harlow Guest

    > My first MTB video filmed with a Helmetcam.com camera and a Canon Elura 40 miniDV camcorder.

    Not bad. The camera placement and quality was good.

    You might want to gather some buddies and fix the water problems on those trails.

  3. Geedubb

    Geedubb Guest

    John Harlow wrote:
    >> My first MTB video filmed with a Helmetcam.com camera and a Canon Elura 40 miniDV camcorder.
    >
    > Not bad. The camera placement and quality was good.
    >
    > You might want to gather some buddies and fix the water problems on those trails.

    I would also add the file size when you post more videos (which I hope you
    do). It still took a couple of minutes to dl with my dsl line and others may not want to wait. Where
    was the ride?

    Gary

    > John Harlow wrote:
    > >> My first MTB video filmed with a Helmetcam.com camera and a Canon Elura 40 miniDV camcorder.
    > >
    > > Not bad. The camera placement and quality was good.
    > >
    > > You might want to gather some buddies and fix the water problems on those trails.
    >
    > I would also add the file size when you post more videos (which I hope you
    > do). It still took a couple of minutes to dl with my dsl line and others may not want to wait.
    > Where was the ride?
    >
    > Gary

    AKA Quicktime sux. Can't comment on the video since it apears to be gone. I suppose I should
    dig my camera out, I went to all the trouble of making a helmet mount for it then never turned
    it on again :)
    --
    _________________________

  5. "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > John Harlow wrote:
    > >> My first MTB video filmed with a Helmetcam.com camera and a Canon Elura 40 miniDV camcorder.
    > >
    > > Not bad. The camera placement and quality was good.
    > >
    > > You might want to gather some buddies and fix the water problems on those trails.
    >
    > I would also add the file size when you post more videos (which I hope you
    > do). It still took a couple of minutes to dl with my dsl line and others may not want to wait.
    > Where was the ride?
    >
    > Gary

    I'll do that next time, sorry. I hope to put more vids as they become available on my Website with a
    page linking to them. That should give all the info you'll need.

    The ride was in an open space parcel known as Kings Grant II / Aerohaven located in the Pine Barrens
    of Southern New Jersey. There's a few thousand acres of virgin trail surrounded by suburban sprawl.
    Most of these trails are not known. My ride group and I are currently working with the township
    (land owners) and Pinelands Commission (Greenies), to create a sustainable and nature friendly (up
    yours Mike V.) trail network. Prospects for this are great. Meanwhile, we continue to ride what's
    there (almost 30 miles of uncharted trails).