My first post in this group....

Tj Poseno

Guest
Well for my first post in this group, I just wanted to say hi. I love ridign trials (obviuosly) and
whatever my bike can take.

And guess what I have for a bike? A Huffy Alumishock, yup, thats what I have to ride, i dont have
the cash for a new frameor fork, but everything else has been upgraded.

Shimano Deore LX shifters Riser Bars Avid 1d front V's, stock rears Rear weinmann 519 rim Front
Shimano hub, unknown rim (got it off another bike) Oh yeah, stock derailers, because i am forced to
use bolt on derailers and cant get nice ones.

The whole bike has cost me about $60, and entertains me well, most parts came from a grage sale
the brakes and shifters were new from a garages sale. And the lady that hit me bought me my new
rear rim :)

So anyone else here riding wal-mart, or department store **** bikes?

Wel anyway, hi everyone

"TJ Poseno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well for my first post in this group, I just wanted to say hi. I love ridign trials (obviuosly)
> and whatever my bike can take.
>

> And guess what I have for a bike? A Huffy Alumishock, yup, thats what I have to ride, i dont have
> the cash for a new frameor fork, but everything else has been upgraded.
>
> Shimano Deore LX shifters Riser Bars Avid 1d front V's, stock rears Rear weinmann 519 rim Front
> Shimano hub, unknown rim (got it off another bike) Oh yeah, stock derailers, because i am forced
> to use bolt on derailers and cant get nice ones.
>
> The whole bike has cost me about $60, and entertains me well, most parts came from a grage sale
> the brakes and shifters were new from a garages sale. And the lady that hit me bought me my new
> rear rim :)
>
> So anyone else here riding wal-mart, or department store **** bikes?
>
> Wel anyway, hi everyone

Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you should change your name. Better
luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.

cg

"TJ Poseno" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well for my first post in this group, I just wanted to say hi. I love ridign trials (obviuosly)
> and whatever my bike can take.
>
> And guess what I have for a bike? A Huffy Alumishock, yup, thats what I have to ride, i dont have
> the cash for a new frameor fork, but everything else has been upgraded.

Travis, we've missed you!!!

Bill "next time, TJ, make up a name we've not seen before" S.

I don't work for the FBI but I got your MO. Ride off some cliff on your HUFFY

Fire up MTB 03

> And guess what I have for a bike? A Huffy Alumishock, yup, thats what I have to ride,

You high and mighty braggarts with your fancy rides disgust me.

BTW, didn't you lose your dialup account?

> So anyone else here riding wal-mart, or department store **** bikes?
>
> Wel anyway, hi everyone

Hey man, I've read your posts on rec.bicycles.tech, and it's cool that you've built your first
wheel. This group is very different from rec.bike.tech in that people will jump on you like flies on
a dead baby for any little mistake you might say. Basically, you either learn to acquire a thick
skin or you'll leave. There's occasionally some useful information here though...

You've stated before that you're tight on cash and wanted to replace your spring, but that probably
got shot down quickly.

Ride what you can afford, but don't go upgrading your bike piece by piece. It's really not worth it,
and it's much better/easier to buy a new bike with everything on it.

If you're not a student and can get a job, you'll love your new bike like there's no tomorrow.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>

> Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you
should
> change your name. Better luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.
>
> cg

So you really think this is Travis? I assume that's who you're all so sure we've got here. Don't you
think it could be coincidence? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Seemed harmless enough to me, but maybe I'm too trusting...

Matt

MattB spray painted on a boxcar:
> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
> <snip>
>>
>> Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you should change your name.
>> Better luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.
>>
>> cg
>>

> So you really think this is Travis? I assume that's who you're all so sure we've got here. Don't
> you think it could be coincidence? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?
>
> Seemed harmless enough to me, but maybe I'm too trusting...
>
> Matt

could be "TJ" too!!

I was thinking the guy were a little rough.. then again I don't look at routers and all that junk.

Penny

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you
> should
> > change your name. Better luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.

> So you really think this is Travis? I assume that's who you're all so sure we've got here. Don't
> you think it could be coincidence? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

No, it just was reminiscent of good ol' Trav. I'm guessing it's TJ Poseno, but what do I know...

Bill "poet hope ya know it" S.

MattB wrote:

>>Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you
>
> should
>
>>change your name. Better luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.
>>
>>cg
>>

> So you really think this is Travis? I assume that's who you're all so sure we've got here. Don't
> you think it could be coincidence? Am I missing something glaringly obvious?

Not Travis - just odd to claim it's your first post when you've posted 50 times to the group in the
last year or so.

"bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... <snip>

> Not Travis - just odd to claim it's your first post when you've posted 50 times to the group in
> the last year or so.

I'd agree it's odd. I guess I hadn't noticed the earlier posts.

Maybe it's just another Walgoose riding MPD sufferer.

Matt

> MattB wrote:
>
> >>Nice try, flamer. If you're pretending to be a first time poster you
> >
> > should
> >
> >>change your name. Better luck next time. Oh yeah, your bike sucks.
> >>
> >>cg
> >>

> > So you really think this is Travis? I assume that's who you're all so
sure
> > we've got here. Don't you think it could be coincidence? Am I missing something glaringly
> > obvious?
>
> Not Travis - just odd to claim it's your first post when you've posted 50 times to the group in
> the last year or so.

My point exactly. A very obvious flame.

cg

TJ Poseno wrote:
> Well for my first post in this group, I just wanted to say hi. I love ridign trials (obviuosly)
> and whatever my bike can take.
>

> And guess what I have for a bike? A Huffy Alumishock, yup, thats what I have to ride, i dont have
> the cash for a new frameor fork, but everything else has been upgraded.
>
> Shimano Deore LX shifters Riser Bars Avid 1d front V's, stock rears Rear weinmann 519 rim Front
> Shimano hub, unknown rim (got it off another bike) Oh yeah, stock derailers, because i am forced
> to use bolt on derailers and cant get nice ones.
>
> The whole bike has cost me about $60, and entertains me well, most parts came from a grage sale
> the brakes and shifters were new from a garages sale. And the lady that hit me bought me my new
> rear rim :)
>
> So anyone else here riding wal-mart, or department store **** bikes?
>
> Wel anyway, hi everyone

If you're riding, you have a distinct advantage over those who are not. The way i see it is
this: cycling boils down to the fun you have whilst on the bike. If you have fun on a wal-goose,
tres bien.

'Sides, it sounds like you have a good start to having everything you need to make the smooth
transition to a better frame via e-bay or some other vehicle for used bargains.

I guess you either have older 8 speed shifters or the lx shifters have a phantom click in them?

Well, my bike does "suck" a little, but not having the money to build a nice bike.

Also, I considered this my first official post to this forum (alt.mountain.bike), i have posted a
lot to rec.bicycles.tech... Ok...

Sorry for disturbing you guys, I see that not everyone in the biking world is as cool as i
thought...

TJ Poseno spray painted on a boxcar:
> Well, my bike does "suck" a little, but not having the money to build a nice bike.
>
> Also, I considered this my first official post to this forum (alt.mountain.bike), i have posted a
> lot to rec.bicycles.tech... Ok...
>
> Sorry for disturbing you guys, I see that not everyone in the biking world is as cool as i
> thought...

you'll have to excuse some of the guys, they get a little carried away. Why not post a Ride Report
(TM) and tell us about your favorite place to ride.

just a thought.

Look up our FAQ in the sig of one of Bomba's posts, too.

Penny S

( Ihave my nurturing hat on today, lucky for you ;-)

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>
> > Not Travis - just odd to claim it's your first post when you've posted 50 times to the group in
> > the last year or so.
> >
> My point exactly. A very obvious flame.
>
> cg

Maybe more of a troll than a flame?

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> "Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> <snip>
> > > Not Travis - just odd to claim it's your first post when you've posted 50 times to the group
> > > in the last year or so.
> > >
> > My point exactly. A very obvious flame.
> >
> > cg
>
> Maybe more of a troll than a flame?
>
> Matt

Indeed. I'm running a bit slow today. I had the 2:00 AM feeding of the wee one.

cg

"Chris Glidden" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip>
> Indeed. I'm running a bit slow today. I had the 2:00 AM feeding of the
wee
> one.
>
> cg

Ah, yes. Hope all that's going well. Fortunately for me the majority of the feeding for the first
couple of months required equipment I do not possess.

Matt

On 23 Oct 2003 14:23:13 -0700, [email protected] (TJ Poseno) wrote:

>Well, my bike does "suck" a little, but not having the money to build a nice bike.
>
>Also, I considered this my first official post to this forum (alt.mountain.bike), i have posted a
>lot to rec.bicycles.tech... Ok...

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

You have posted numerous times to alt.mountain-bike in the past, without cross-posting to
other groups.

To deny that you have made those posts just makes you look even more idiotic than your first post.

pete fagerlin

::Revolutionary! Evolutionary! Yet so retro! :www.yestubes.com

TJ Poseno wrote:
> Well, my bike does "suck" a little, but not having the money to build a nice bike.
>
> Also, I considered this my first official post to this forum (alt.mountain.bike), i have posted a
> lot to rec.bicycles.tech... Ok...
>
> Sorry for disturbing you guys, I see that not everyone in the biking world is as cool as i
> thought...

Actually, you're a little confused. They're not as cool as They thought...;-)

Cheers, Shawn