My First Singlespeed Was A Mongoose!

Discussion in 'Singlespeed' started by gavinfree, Apr 13, 2015.

1. gavinfree

gavinfree Member

Granted, this was the first bicycle I owned as a child. it was a Mongoose singlespeed/BMX knockoff. I loved that thing and it was incredible. I'm still probably ride it today if it was big enough to accommodate adult me. Of course, I switched to a mountain bike when I was still young and haven't looked back. That Mongoose wouldn't have done the trails in San Diego very well, unfortunately. ;)

Tags:

2. joshposh

joshposh Banned

I remember that brand. All of my friends had mongoose. My first bike was actually an obscure brand called Takara. Have you ever heard of it before? Probably not right? Check it out,

Attached Files:

3. adfnio

adfnio New Member

You're right. That is obscure. I've heard some random branded names before but never that before, and I'm Indian.

4. kylerlittle

kylerlittle Member

There are lots of them though, I think it's not that bad, but when it comes to certain materials, you just can't trust it.

5. gavinfree

gavinfree Member

I can honestly say that I've never heard of Takara, though I'm assuming there are dozens of brands none of us have ever heard about. I wonder how good our first bikes actually ever were as children. I mean, we were kids and simply wanted to get on our bikes and ride around. Maybe we were all riding on utterly terrible bikes without realizing it. Whatever. I was happy back then! :lol:

6. joshposh

joshposh Banned

I take that back. Takara was my second bike. My first bike has training wheels on them. This is the closest picture I could find that looked like it. Spiderman was one of my heros back then.

[​IMG]

7. adfnio

adfnio New Member

That is cute!!Hahahaha.