My First Singlespeed Was A Mongoose!

gavinfree

Feb 19, 2015
Granted, this was the first bicycle I owned as a child. it was a Mongoose singlespeed/BMX knockoff. I loved that thing and it was incredible. I'm still probably ride it today if it was big enough to accommodate adult me. Of course, I switched to a mountain bike when I was still young and haven't looked back. That Mongoose wouldn't have done the trails in San Diego very well, unfortunately. ;)

I remember that brand. All of my friends had mongoose. My first bike was actually an obscure brand called Takara. Have you ever heard of it before? Probably not right? Check it out,

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7 KB · Views: 12
joshposh said:
I remember that brand. All of my friends had mongoose. My first bike was actually an obscure brand called Takara. Have you ever heard of it before? Probably not right? Check it out,
You're right. That is obscure. I've heard some random branded names before but never that before, and I'm Indian.

There are lots of them though, I think it's not that bad, but when it comes to certain materials, you just can't trust it.

I can honestly say that I've never heard of Takara, though I'm assuming there are dozens of brands none of us have ever heard about. I wonder how good our first bikes actually ever were as children. I mean, we were kids and simply wanted to get on our bikes and ride around. Maybe we were all riding on utterly terrible bikes without realizing it. Whatever. I was happy back then! :lol:

I take that back. Takara was my second bike. My first bike has training wheels on them. This is the closest picture I could find that looked like it. Spiderman was one of my heros back then.

k2-_a972a942-c99f-4d11-bf55-2f7e15224498.v1.jpg

joshposh said:
I take that back. Takara was my second bike. My first bike has training wheels on them. This is the closest picture I could find that looked like it. Spiderman was one of my heros back then.

k2-_a972a942-c99f-4d11-bf55-2f7e15224498.v1.jpg
That is cute!!Hahahaha.