My food wants to kill me

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Adam Ben Nalois, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    to kill me !

    What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?

    Oh no!

    Tags:

  2. Maxine In Ri

    Maxine In Ri Guest

    Adam Ben Nalois wrote:

    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

    Lay off the acid for a while.

  3. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Eat it first..Why do you think there is such a weight problem in America? Food trying to eat people
    is the cause.. (scaring down entire xmas hickory farm gift box). It is said chocolate is the most
    fearsome attacker..get your friend together if it is a chocolate problem.. Invite a few PMS'ing
    ladies for sure..
    --
    Laura

    "Adam Ben Nalois" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Eat it first..Why do you think there is such a weight problem in America? Food trying to eat people
    is the cause.. (scaring down entire xmas hickory farm gift box). It is said chocolate is the most
    fearsome attacker..get your friend together if it is a chocolate problem.. Invite a few PMS'ing
    ladies for sure..
    --
    Laura

    "Adam Ben Nalois" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

  5. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Eat it first..Why do you think there is such a weight problem in America? Food trying to eat people
    is the cause.. (scaring down entire xmas hickory farm gift box). It is said chocolate is the most
    fearsome attacker..get your friend together if it is a chocolate problem.. Invite a few PMS'ing
    ladies for sure..
    --
    Laura

    "Adam Ben Nalois" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

  6. Laura

  7. Adam Ben Nalois wrote:

    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

    You need a babalao to call an orisha and do a limpieza.

    Unfortunately the web site you need to contact is temporarily out of comission. Here it the link,
    you may have more luck than I:

    http://church-of-the-lukumi.org

    Meanwhile get yourself a white hen (to appease Obatala), some roasted corn, draw a circle with the
    corn, about 4 feet in diameter and quietly sit inside it while holding the hen.

    If you had goat meat in the refrigerator you are in big trouble. Pray that the link comes back
    up quickly.

    If you think I am kidding, go to http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/91-948.ZO.html and read up
    on Santeria and the Lukumi Church of Babalu Aye.

    And do read up on Obatala: http://www.cubanmotives.com/English/orishas.asp?listID=8

    Should I post a recipe for a goat based dish to keep OT?

    Bert Songoro Cosongo Who does not fool around with the orishas ;-)

  8. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    "Adam Ben Nalois" wrote:
    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?

    Didn't we tell you not to cut it off in the first place? Huh? Yes, we did, didn't we. "No, no," we
    pleaded, "Circumcision is enough, already. Please don't take off anymore and don't put it in a
    Gladware container in the refrigerator," didn't we? Yup, we did. "Use a Ziplock," we said, but did
    you listen? Noooooo, you didn't listen. And now this. "It's just for fun," you said. Sure, sure,
    it's just for fun. It's always fun until somebody's meat comes back to life, isn't it. Well don't
    say we didn't warn you!

  9. maxine in ri wrote:

    > Adam Ben Nalois wrote:
    > >
    > > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now
    > > wants to kill me !
    > >
    > > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    > >
    > > Oh no!
    >
    > Lay off the acid for a while.

    On rec.travel.air Adam here said that his penis shrank whilst he was flying in an
    aeroplane...go figger.

    --
    Best Greg

  10. Laura

    Laura Guest

    "Gregory Morrow" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > maxine in ri wrote:
    >
    > > Adam Ben Nalois wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now
    > > > wants to kill me !
    > > >
    > > > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    > > >
    > > > Oh no!
    > >
    > > Lay off the acid for a while.
    >

    > On rec.travel.air Adam here said that his penis shrank whilst he was
    flying
    > in an aeroplane...go figger.
    >
    > --
    > Best Greg \

    Man..that boys got trouble.. I noticed the post game via google though..he pissed someone
    off I guess

  11. [email protected] wrote:

    > If you think I am kidding, go to http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/91-948.ZO.html and read
    > up on Santeria and the Lukumi Church of Babalu Aye.
    >
    > And do read up on Obatala: http://www.cubanmotives.com/English/orishas.asp?listID=8

    Thanks for good memories! I took a class taught by the Pichardos back when I lived in Miami. For all
    the exotic weirdness of the religion, Ernesto and his wife are nice, down to earth, people. Ernesto
    can be wickedly and self-deprecatingly funny. If you're expecting to find sanctimonious seriousness,
    look elsewhere. These folks are great. Once I learned about Santaria, I started seeing signs of it
    all over Miami. Where I used to see a flower arrangement, a glass of water and small statue as
    decorations in a restaurant, I started recognizing offerings to an orisha. (When I was up on it, I
    knew which colors and flowers corresponded to which orishas.) A man wearing beads was no longer
    making a fashion statement but was associating himself with an orisha. The class gave me a good
    feeling for how odd every religion looks to outsiders.

    --Lia

  12. aasainz

    aasainz Guest

    Julia Altshuler wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    > > If you think I am kidding, go to http://supct.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/91-948.ZO.html and read
    > > up on Santeria and the Lukumi Church of Babalu Aye.
    > >
    > > And do read up on Obatala: http://www.cubanmotives.com/English/orishas.asp?listID=8
    >
    > Thanks for good memories! I took a class taught by the Pichardos back when I lived in Miami. For
    > all the exotic weirdness of the religion, Ernesto and his wife are nice, down to earth, people.
    > Ernesto can be wickedly and self-deprecatingly funny. If you're expecting to find sanctimonious
    > seriousness, look elsewhere. These folks are great. Once I learned about Santaria, I started
    > seeing signs of it all over Miami. Where I used to see a flower arrangement, a glass of water and
    > small statue as decorations in a restaurant, I started recognizing offerings to an orisha. (When I
    > was up on it, I knew which colors and flowers corresponded to which orishas.) A man wearing beads
    > was no longer making a fashion statement but was associating himself with an orisha. The class
    > gave me a good feeling for how odd every religion looks to outsiders.
    >
    > --Lia

    I met the Pichardos once at a conference in FIU. Nice people. I wish I had taken some of the courses
    in Afro-Cuban religion, especially one that dealt directly with santeria, specially sincretismo. But
    the courses were not offered every semester or I would have taken my electives in that instead of
    beginning anthropology. Interesting also but I really could have used some info on things that I had
    been seeing all my life.

    Ever walk into a botanica and smell all the different essences with all the interesting names? They
    were also associated with orishas. "Seven African Powers", "Open the Way", the one that smells like
    orange blossoms, I forget the name.

    There was an interesting program in the local NPR station where they described all the different
    rythms played with the drums, each dedicated to a different orisha. You can hear them in all
    Caribbean music. They are called "toque de santo".

    I have a recipe for goat ragout (chilindron de chivo) but it calls for a 2 month old goat. Do you
    think I should post the recipe to keep OT?

    Nice meting you!

    Bert

  13. Adam Ben Nalois <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    >to kill me !

    Report it to the police. Testify at the trial. Ask the judge to sentence it to the electric chair.

    --Blair "It'll fry."

  14. Nancy Dooley

    Nancy Dooley Guest

    [email protected] (Adam Ben Nalois) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now wants
    > to kill me !
    >
    > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    >
    > Oh no!

    Too bad it didn't succeed.

    N.

  15. maxine in ri <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Adam Ben Nalois wrote:
    > >
    > > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now
    > > wants to kill me !
    > >
    > > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    > >
    > > Oh no!
    >
    > Lay off the acid for a while.

    Don't discourage him. Pray for an overdose...

  16. Katra

    Katra Guest

    Carmen Dioxide wrote:

    > maxine in ri <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Adam Ben Nalois wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Oh no! After a bizarre voodoo ritual, the meat in my refigerator came to live again and now
    > > > wants to kill me !
    > > >
    > > > What can I do ? The food I wanted to eat tries to eat ME now?
    > > >
    > > > Oh no!
    > >
    > > Lay off the acid for a while.
    >
    > Don't discourage him. Pray for an overdose...

    Hmmmmmm... while I'm not really into LSD, isn't it kinda hard to overdose on that stuff?

    'sides, I'm betting this person is munching 'shrooms...... <G