My Giant OCR3 was stolen today (Adelaide)

daniels

Apr 23, 2004
* Black Giant OCR3 with yellow stripes, size XL
* Sora groupset
* Black LOOK pedals
* Sigma sport bicycle computer, mounted to the stem
* Yellow Michelin tyres
* Black Zefal mudflap

Stolen from my back verandah less than five minutes after I got home from work today. My housemate saw the ******* who stole it as he wheeled it out of the driveway. We gave chase, but couldn't catch him. He was short and young, with a hooded jumper and track pants.

If you happen to live in Adelaide and are reading this please keep a look out for my bike. I live in Evandale (near Norwood).

Anyone got any ideas of anything else I can do to try and get my bike back? I imagine my chances are slim. I was going to check out Cash Converters and other nearby pawn shops in the near future on the off chance that it shows up. I'll keep an eye on the Trading Post as well.

Sucks big time to get your bike stolen. Keep yours locked up safe people!!

Aw man!! Thats awful!! :mad: I'd be truly devastated if my bike got pinched!!

Big hetero man hugs to you dude!! I feel your pain!!

I hope they catch the *******. But like you say, the chances are slim. Good luck in finding your baby!!

I'll keep a look out.

Best bet is to find a photo of it and provide it with your details to all local pawn shops incl. cash converters.

cash converters, pawn shops, trading post AND ebay - i'd be checking them all.

Evandale? you sure it's not Erindale?

Archibald said:
cash converters, pawn shops, trading post AND ebay - i'd be checking them all.

Evandale? you sure it's not Erindale?
Hey mate... really sorry to hear about the loss.... my partner is a cop in the norwood area so I'll tell her to keep a lookout.

Other than that.... if nothing else comes up trumps... claim it on your home & contents insurance. Thats what happened when my bike got stolen in a very similar situation to yours.

Cheers
Trish

Thanks for the kind words and advice people!
The one good thing to come out of this is that now I have an excuse to go bike shopping :)

(And yes, I do live in Evandale.... it truly does exist)

Did you keep a record of the serial number?
If your bike has been pawned it may not show up in the pawnshops for another 3 months or so,when the thief defaults on the pawn...do the rounds again then.
The thief may have sold it to someone in a pub,but it may still surface when the receiver pawns it.
If you see someone riding it,you are entitled to defend yourself... :D

that reminds me, i got stopped by the cops a couple of months back. they were stopping all cyclists and offering free recording of your details and bike. they took your licence details, then engraved your licence number onto the base of the frame.
no matter where you move to, if you bike gets found, the cops can get back to you.
definately worthwhile.

stevebaby said:
Did you keep a record of the serial number?

Yeah, when I bought it they wrote it down on the receipt and I put the receipt in a safe place thinking "I might need this one day". And uh.... now I have no idea where the "safe place" actually was. I've been turning the house upside down but no luck as yet.

daniels said:
Yeah, when I bought it they wrote it down on the receipt and I put the receipt in a safe place thinking "I might need this one day". And uh.... now I have no idea where the "safe place" actually was. I've been turning the house upside down but no luck as yet.
the bike shop you bought the bike, possibly has the details on computer.

daniels said:
I have a copy of Zinn's manual...I wrote the s/n inside the back cover and stapled the computer instructions there too!