My God - we've got WEATHER!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Callas, Jul 28, 2004.

  1. Callas

    Callas Guest

    Thank You LORD!

    28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!

    Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    --
    Callas

    Tags:

  2. James Annan

    James Annan Guest

    Callas wrote:

    > Thank You LORD!
    >
    > 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!

    27 here. But that comes with about a foot of rain (typhoon passing by),
    and is unusually cold for the time of year.

    > Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    'bout 3 bloody months of it. I'd swap for a whole foot-full of blisters :)

    James
    by treading on the toes of giants.

  3. Simonb

    Simonb Guest

    Callas wrote:
    > Thank You LORD!
    >
    > 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >
    > Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    Just as well. We're on our way on holiday in Devon as of 6pm Friday. Woo
    hoo!

  4. vernon levy

    vernon levy Guest

    > Just as well. We're on our way on holiday in Devon as of 6pm Friday. Woo
    > hoo!

    And I am on my way to Cornwall as of 11:00 tomorrow. LEJOG attempt
    commences 11th August. All packed up and somewhere to go!

    Whoo hoooo!!!!

  5. MSeries

    MSeries New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    Woo hoo indeed. Bon Journee.

    I have had to modify my plan to do Morley to JOG instead.

  6. erics

    erics Guest

    "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Thank You LORD!
    >
    > 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >
    > Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    28c - too damn hot for me. I cannot understand why anyone would look forward
    to temperatures like that, I look forward to the temperature dropping to
    something I feel comfortable in - maybe I'm in the minority here, my wife
    certainly thinks so!

  7. MSeries

    MSeries New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    No, my wife hates the heat too whereas I like it.

  8. Julesh

    Julesh Guest

    Callas wrote:
    > Thank You LORD!
    >
    > 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >
    > Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!
    >
    > --
    > Callas

    Currently 29c here. Pleasantly cool - as it was 34c on Tuesday!

    Julesh (currently at 700m ASL in Tuscany)

  9. Danny Colyer

    Danny Colyer Guest

    Callas wrote:
    > 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >
    > Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    What about the 2 weeks we had in May?

    Let's hope August and September are as good.

  10. erics wrote:
    > "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Thank You LORD!
    >>
    >> 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >>
    >> Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!

    > 28c - too damn hot for me. I cannot understand why anyone would look
    > forward to temperatures like that, I look forward to the temperature
    > dropping to something I feel comfortable in - maybe I'm in the
    > minority here, my wife certainly thinks so!

    I'm the same, I find it alomost unbearable walking elt alone cycling in the
    heat.
    Personally I'd much rather be very cold than very hot. At least with the
    cold you can wrap up warm, but there's very little you can do about the heat
    and humidity. Which is why in the summer I only go cycling in the evening.

    --

    Burning_Ranger

    To email: [email protected]

  11. erics

    erics Guest

  12. On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:15:57 +0100, erics
    <[email protected]_SpaMthe-stannards.co.uk_Thanks> wrote:

    > "Callas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Thank You LORD!
    >>
    >> 28c tommorow! whoooooo-hooooooooo!
    >>
    >> Now if only it lasted more than one week per bloody year!
    >>
    >> --
    >> Callas

    > Heatwave survival advice launched
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3936375.stm

    Hmm, it seems 28 C up here is a heatwave but in London you have to wait
    till the mercury hits 32 before you get a heatwave.

    Colin

  13. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    "Colin Blackburn" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:eek:[email protected]:

    > Hmm, it seems 28 C up here is a heatwave but in London you have to wait
    > till the mercury hits 32 before you get a heatwave.

    Pah, light-weights, people [1] here only start to comment on the heat when
    it's been over 40C for a couple of weeks.

    Graeme

    [1] except me, being used to the rather less sunny Scottish climate, I tend
    to wilt a lot earlier.