my homebuilt conversion STATS[oink oink]

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Apr 13, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    axel to axel is 41". Seat height is 27" or 25" when foam is mashed. Total length is 68".
    Weight!!!!!!! approx 40lbs oink oink. well with steel rims ,a shimano eagle rear deurail, electrical
    conduit seat back,RANS seat base,Auto muffler pipe for boom the bike is pretty durn fast. I guess if
    I wanted to slim her down I could put on a carbon fiber seat,alloy rims and lighter hubs, a cromoly
    boom etc etc. wonder what the weight diff would be. Any who I highly recommend this type of project
    to those that would like to try their hand at building a home built bike. The dual 27" wheeled bike
    is NOT FOR Short benters but I have seen several of these step through frames with smaller wheels
    that would fit shorter riders .I'm 5'11" with a x seam of about 43" and I can put both feet flat on
    the ground when seated my home built. http://community.webshots.com/user/recumbentbill upright to
    bent conversion

    Tags:

  2. Skip

    Skip Guest

    Looks good Bill. I wish I had the skills to do that kind of thing.

    After riding low bottom bracket bikes how have you adjusted to the high high bottom bracket? Gone
    any distance on it?

    If you get bored with it maybe you could convert it to front wheel drive. That should be
    interesting.

    skip

  3. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Hi Skip .Thanks. I rode a metric today. The high bottom bracket works the thighs more than my V2
    which is not considered to be a low BB. I'm liking this big wheeled SWb so much that I just might
    try to find a used V REX and make a dual 700c like Warren Berger did. At least it will be lighter
    .Warren also made a dual 26" out of the same Vrex as well as a 700 rear 26" front.he said it took
    about an hour to make the conversion. A couple of more observations about the big wheels are----less
    road shock,climbs better and from todays ride my heavy weight home built is not to much heavier than
    my V2 when loaded with the stuff I ride with and is just as fast. About the front wheel drive, I
    tried it and did not like it.