My homies

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by John Cox, Feb 27, 2003.

  1. John Cox

    John Cox Guest

    Tags:

  2. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    John Cox wrote:
    > If nothing else, I thought maybe you guys would appreciate the creativity:

    What creativity? The creativity to try and get something for nothing? Get off your arse and get a
    job, you frickin' pikey.

  3. John Cox

    John Cox Guest

    Oh, I have the job covered. I also have a wife and a house that use all of what used to be the toy
    money. It's just a joke, man. If I make my $.30 ebay investment back, I'll be flaberghasted. Who
    knows, maybe I'll make a grand or two. Here's a funnier one:
    cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=2914575171 (check out the current price!)

    > John Cox wrote:
    > > If nothing else, I thought maybe you guys would appreciate the
    creativity:

    > What creativity? The creativity to try and get something for nothing? Get off your arse and get a
    > job, you frickin' pikey.

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

  5. John Cox

    John Cox Guest

    you can bid a "boot" to the "head" as long as "you" always put "words" that don't "need" to be,
    in "quotes".

    what did i do to you? are just 16 and full of rage or something? i've been getting a lot of hate
    mail from this thing. all of them seem to say the same thing: *explitives* ... get a job
    ...*explitives* ... go...yourself. what's the deal? i'm not hurting anybody personally, yet these
    people with rage feel the need to verbally attack me. if this is the mentallity of bikers in
    general, i don't know that i want to be associated with that community anymore. now if it's just the
    teen-aged punks then it doesn't bother me too much. i was a teen-ager once (not so long ago) and i
    know what it's like to be angry and listen to nothing but angry music and want to beat the hell out
    of somebody at all times. everybody with rage needs to take a step back to check out the bigger
    picture, realize that life is just funny, and chill out.

    these are my thoughts.

    news:<[email protected]>...

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2714011155&ssPageName=ADM
    > > E:B:LC:US:1
    >
    > Can we bid a boot to the head? Now that would be "sweet".
    >
    > JD

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    John Cox wrote:
    > you can bid a "boot" to the "head" as long as "you" always put "words" that don't "need" to be, in
    > "quotes".

    Actually, the quotes were in the right place. Perhaps you just read it wrong.

    > what did i do to you? are just 16 and full of rage or something?

    No-one knows his real age, but estimates from those who've met him put him around 83. And he is
    full of rage.

    i've been
    > getting a lot of hate mail from this thing. all of them seem to say the same thing: *explitives*
    > ... get a job ...*explitives* ... go...yourself. what's the deal? i'm not hurting anybody
    > personally, yet these people with rage feel the need to verbally attack me.

    I think we have a problem with your (perceived) attitude. Firstly, 'freeriding' is not particularly
    well represented in here. Secondly, and more importantly, you're essentially begging here. To the
    people here who spend their lives scrimping and saving to fund their passion / addiction to mountain
    bikes, it's quite an affront.

    You claim it's a joke, but it's not really - you're just looking for something for nothing. If
    you'd been a reg and had done it, I might view it from a slightly more amusing angle, but you just
    come across as a chancer. If you really cared that much about mountain bikes, you'd find a way of
    buying one.

    Finally, you top-post.

    if this is the mentallity of
    > bikers in general, i don't know that i want to be associated with that community anymore.

    That's very noble of you. What can we do to get you to associate with us? Anything, please :)

    now if it's just the teen-aged punks then it doesn't
    > bother me too much. i was a teen-ager once (not so long ago) and i know what it's like to be angry
    > and listen to nothing but angry music and want to beat the hell out of somebody at all times.
    > everybody with rage needs to take a step back to check out the bigger picture, realize that life
    > is just funny, and chill out.

    Most here are well beyond their teenage years...

  7. Penny S.

    Penny S. Guest

    John Cox wrote:
    > you can bid a "boot" to the "head" as long as "you" always put "words" that don't "need" to be, in
    > "quotes".
    >
    > what did i do to you? are just 16 and full of rage or something? i've been getting a lot of hate
    > mail from this thing. all of them seem to say the same thing: *explitives* ... get a job
    > ...*explitives* ... go...yourself. what's the deal? i'm not hurting anybody personally, yet these
    > people with rage feel the need to verbally attack me. if this is the mentallity of bikers in
    > general, i don't know that i want to be associated with that community anymore. now if it's just
    > the teen-aged punks then it doesn't bother me too much. i was a teen-ager once (not so long ago)
    > and i know what it's like to be angry and listen to nothing but angry music and want to beat the
    > hell out of somebody at all times. everybody with rage needs to take a step back to check out the
    > bigger picture, realize that life is just funny, and chill out.
    >
    > these are my thoughts.

    Oh, I dunno. The whole thing seems to me to be in the same category as those folks who get
    themselves into serious debt, and them make a website begging for donations. Where's the
    humor in that?

    Penny

  8. John Cox

    John Cox Guest

    If most are well beyond their teen-age years, they need to grow up a bit. I've scrimped for my
    passions (yes, plural) since I was 10 years old. This e-begging thing was just an idea that was born
    out of boredom. It was meant to be light-hearted - certainly not an afront to those who work hard
    for everything they own as I have. Don't be angry that you didn't think of it first. Don't
    partcipate if you don't like it. I even welcome those to tell me if they don't like it. But please
    be civil about it. Abusive language never got anybody anything but disrespect from their pears. It
    honestly shows a serious lack of education. This is a public service announcement: Increase your
    vocabulary beyond four-letter words. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to land a job that makes it to
    where you don't have to scrimp as much.

    Don't worry. I'll conform. I'll be sure to kick the next friend that tries to bum a quarter off of
    me and tell him to get a f**king job. Oh, and I'll NEVER top-post again. Heaven forbid that anybody
    would ever top-post.

    The world could use less whining. I'm out.

    > John Cox wrote:
    > > you can bid a "boot" to the "head" as long as "you" always put "words"
    that
    > > don't "need" to be, in "quotes".
    >
    > Actually, the quotes were in the right place. Perhaps you just read it wrong.
    >
    > > what did i do to you? are just 16 and full of rage or something?
    >
    > No-one knows his real age, but estimates from those who've met him put him around 83. And he is
    > full of rage.
    >
    > i've been
    > > getting a lot of hate mail from this thing. all of them seem to say the same thing: *explitives*
    > > ... get a job ...*explitives* ...
    go...yourself.
    > > what's the deal? i'm not hurting anybody personally, yet these people
    with
    > > rage feel the need to verbally attack me.
    >
    > I think we have a problem with your (perceived) attitude. Firstly, 'freeriding' is not
    > particularly well represented in here. Secondly, and more importantly, you're essentially begging
    > here. To the people here who spend their lives scrimping and saving to fund their passion /
    > addiction to mountain bikes, it's quite an affront.
    >
    > You claim it's a joke, but it's not really - you're just looking for something for nothing. If
    > you'd been a reg and had done it, I might view it from a slightly more amusing angle, but you just
    > come across as a chancer. If you really cared that much about mountain bikes, you'd find a way of
    > buying one.
    >
    > Finally, you top-post.
    >
    > if this is the mentallity of
    > > bikers in general, i don't know that i want to be associated with that community anymore.
    >
    > That's very noble of you. What can we do to get you to associate with us? Anything, please :)
    >
    > now if it's just the teen-aged punks then it doesn't
    > > bother me too much. i was a teen-ager once (not so long ago) and i know what it's like to be
    > > angry and listen to nothing but angry music and
    want to
    > > beat the hell out of somebody at all times. everybody with rage needs
    > > take a step back to check out the bigger picture, realize that life is
    just
    > > funny, and chill out.
    >
    > Most here are well beyond their teenage years...
    >
    > --
    > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

  9. Alexn

    Alexn Guest

    Yeah, that's what it is. You're so original. http://www.savekaryn.com/

    Abusive language
    > never got anybody anything but disrespect from their pears.

    Bastard fruits!

    It honestly
    > shows a serious lack of education. This is a public service announcement: Increase your vocabulary
    > beyond four-letter words. Who knows? Maybe
    you'll
    > be able to land a job that makes it to where you don't have to scrimp as much.

    Read this back to yourself and go look in the mirror.

  10. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    John Cox wrote:

    > Don't be angry that you didn't think of it first.

    Ok, I'll try and control my rage...

    Don't partcipate if you don't like it. I even welcome those to tell
    > me if they don't like it. But please be civil about it.

    I think everyone's been incredibly civil, actually.

    Abusive language
    > never got anybody anything but disrespect from their pears.

    And their oranges and apples :)

    It honestly
    > shows a serious lack of education. This is a public service announcement: Increase your vocabulary
    > beyond four-letter words.

    In the various replies you've received, you've had one 'arse'. Hardly a proliferation of
    swearing, is it?

    Who knows? Maybe you'll
    > be able to land a job that makes it to where you don't have to scrimp as much.

    You're incredibly condescending for a beggar, and not least, hypocritical.

    > Don't worry. I'll conform. I'll be sure to kick the next friend that tries to bum a quarter off of
    > me and tell him to get a f**king job.

    Difference: they're begging to survive, you're begging for luxury items.

    Oh, and I'll
    > NEVER top-post again. Heaven forbid that anybody would ever top-post.
    >
    > The world could use less whining. I'm out.

    Don't let the door knob sodomise you on your way out.

  11. Spider

    Spider Guest

    "John Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > realize that life is just funny, and chill out.
    >
    > these are my thoughts.

    I hope you didn't work too long to put them down in a USENET post.

    Please do, at your soonest opportunity, divorce yourself from the "community." We already have
    thin-skinned whiners covered here.

    Thanks,

    Spider

  12. "John Cox" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | If most are well beyond their teen-age years, they need to grow up a bit. I've scrimped for my
    | passions (yes, plural) since I was 10 years old.
    This
    | e-begging thing was just an idea that was born out of boredom.

    That's hardly a ringing endorsement of your life.

    It was meant
    | to be light-hearted - certainly not an afront to those who work hard for everything they own as I
    | have. Don't be angry that you didn't think of
    it
    | first.

    Why would anyone be angry because they didn't think of it first? You act like it's a piece of
    brilliance or something.

    Don't partcipate if you don't like it. I even welcome those to tell
    | me if they don't like it. But please be civil about it.

    Abusive language
    | never got anybody anything but disrespect from their pears.

    that their life is over thanks to me.

    | It honestly shows a serious lack of education.

    This is a public service announcement:
    | Increase your vocabulary beyond four-letter words. Who knows? Maybe
    you'll
    | be able to land a job that makes it to where you don't have to scrimp as much.

    | Don't worry. I'll conform. I'll be sure to kick the next friend that
    tries
    | to bum a quarter off of me and tell him to get a f**king job. Oh, and
    I'll
    | NEVER top-post again. Heaven forbid that anybody would ever top-post.
    |
    | The world could use less whining. I'm out.

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    P e t e F a g e r l i n wrote:

    > | If most are well beyond their teen-age years, they need to grow up a bit. I've scrimped for my
    > | passions (yes, plural) since I was 10 years old.
    > This
    > | e-begging thing was just an idea that was born out of boredom.
    >
    > That's hardly a ringing endorsement of your life.
    >
    > It was meant
    > | to be light-hearted - certainly not an afront to those who work hard for everything they own as
    > | I have. Don't be angry that you didn't think of
    > it
    > | first.
    >
    > Why would anyone be angry because they didn't think of it first? You act like it's a piece of
    > brilliance or something.
    >
    > Don't partcipate if you don't like it. I even welcome those to tell
    > | me if they don't like it. But please be civil about it.
    >

    > Abusive language
    > | never got anybody anything but disrespect from their pears.
    >

    > that their life is over thanks to me.
    >
    > | It honestly shows a serious lack of education.
    >

    > This is a public service announcement:
    > | Increase your vocabulary beyond four-letter words. Who knows? Maybe
    > you'll
    > | be able to land a job that makes it to where you don't have to scrimp as much.
    >

    > | Don't worry. I'll conform. I'll be sure to kick the next friend that
    > tries
    > | to bum a quarter off of me and tell him to get a f**king job. Oh, and
    > I'll
    > | NEVER top-post again. Heaven forbid that anybody would ever top-post.
    > |
    > | The world could use less whining. I'm out.

    I laughed all the way through that. Obviously, swearing is big, clever

  14. On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 22:26:34 +0100, bomba did issue forth:

    > I laughed all the way through that. Obviously, swearing is big, clever

  15. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    > John says:
    >
    > > if this is the mentallity of bikers in general, i don't know that i want to be associated with
    > > that community anymore.
    >
    > But you're not - you're a freerider ;-))
    >
    > (that was a joke..... or trying to be one)
    >
    > Steve

    Can you say antidisestablishmentarianism? ;^)

    Mike

  16. On Fri, 28 Feb 2003 16:27:44 +0000, Michael Dart did issue forth:

    > Can you say antidisestablishmentarianism? ;^)

    Antidishesstab... antidisestablishishish... no I can't.

  17. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Huw Pritchard wrote:

    >>I laughed all the way through that. Obviously, swearing is big, clever

    For those who don't know what we're on about, b3ta.com are currently running a competition to
    produce a picture of a robot. This was Huw's effort: http://www.b3ta.com/board/859503

  18. Cinder Girl

    Cinder Girl Guest

    > Huw Pritchard wrote:
    >
    > >>I laughed all the way through that. Obviously, swearing is big, clever

    > For those who don't know what we're on about, b3ta.com are currently running a competition to
    > produce a picture of a robot. This was Huw's effort: http://www.b3ta.com/board/859503

    Don't listen to those fools Huw! Budvarbot kicks a**!

  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

  20. Sorni

    Sorni Guest