My honey needs a road bike

treebiker

Oct 10, 2003
I 've been looking at the trek 2000 wsd, specialized sequaye,cannondale r400 wsd, raleigh capri wsd. The raleigh capri has 105 componants and much a cheaper price. Is this a wal-mart level frame with nice parts? Hope someone can share some knowledge.

Originally posted by treebiker
I 've been looking at the trek 2000 wsd, specialized sequaye,cannondale r400 wsd, raleigh capri wsd. The raleigh capri has 105 componants and much a cheaper price. Is this a wal-mart level frame with nice parts? Hope someone can share some knowledge.

Thanks for no feeback. The Raleigh is a new 2003 for 450.00 out the the door at a bike shop. I like Trek and cannondale but what a price for a 105 bike, with adjustable levers.For that price I guess we could upgrade the frame later if we wanted something lighter. Hey, maybe a lightspeed is next years bike.

check out Airborne.net...Good prices and fully customizeable selections. They have mostly Ti bikes but their Tunderbolt rocks. I just picked one up with full ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium elite's, Reynolds carbon fork for $1400 frame starts at 299...you pick you components.

Take care

Originally posted by T-Bolt Pilot
check out Airborne.net...Good prices and fully customizeable selections. They have mostly Ti bikes but their Tunderbolt rocks. I just picked one up with full ultegra and Mavic Ksyrium elite's, Reynolds carbon fork for $1400 frame starts at 299...you pick you components.

Take care

Originally posted by treebiker
Thanks for no feeback. The Raleigh is a new 2003 for 450.00 out the the door at a bike shop. I like Trek and cannondale but what a price for a 105 bike, with adjustable levers.For that price I guess we could upgrade the frame later if we wanted something lighter. Hey, maybe a lightspeed is next years bike.

Nothing wrong with Raleigh, in fact, I'm happy to see any company selling a a sub $500 road bike that's a good ride. Check out Fuji as well-- $450 will get a quality bike there as well

Trek and Cannondale are great bike companies, but they need to be more realistic about the amount of money people want to spend to start riding.

Originally posted by tacomee
Nothing wrong with Raleigh, in fact, I'm happy to see any company selling a a sub $500 road bike that's a good ride. Check out Fuji as well-- $450 will get a quality bike there as well

Trek and Cannondale are great bike companies, but they need to be more realistic about the amount of money people want to spend to start riding.

Thanks tacomee, the raleigh will picked up thurs. Maybe we post some pics. Thanks again