My illegal cycling activities

huhenio said:
The local cops here in West Chester are getting some hybrids for police patrol and such.

I knew they where hot on my trail .... but those guys are the powerlifter type, a little on the fat side, with a 40 pound plus bike.

I should tease them into racing ... just like smokey & the bandit!
When I was living in the city (the fine city of Leicester!) there was a wide (5m) footpath all the way into town. NO BIKES ALLOWED!

Got stopped on there by the cops a few times. The best thing that happened was when my mate PJ cycled past a bike cop, who shouted at him and then went into pursuit mode. He chased PJ all the way out of town, then back into town on the main road. PJ just kept looking back and laughing, eventually burning the cop and escaping into the back streets.

He was my hero after that. :D:D:D

huhenio said:
The local cops here in West Chester are getting some hybrids for police patrol and such.

I knew they where hot on my trail .... but those guys are the powerlifter type, a little on the fat side, with a 40 pound plus bike.

I should tease them into racing ... just like smokey & the bandit!
The school where I did my undergrad work had a pair of security officers that always rode around on Smith & Wesson mountain bikes. And no, they were not allowed to actually carry guns. Every so often I would sprint by them on my roadie doing about 30 in a 15 just to hear the muffled cursing as I passed.

artmichalek said:
The school where I did my undergrad work had a pair of security officers that always rode around on Smith & Wesson mountain bikes. And no, they were not allowed to actually carry guns. Every so often I would sprint by them on my roadie doing about 30 in a 15 just to hear the muffled cursing as I passed.
Ah, now here is an interesting one, has anybody ever been flashed by a speed camera on a bicycle? It is one of my personal ambitions.

ScottishDan said:
Ah, now here is an interesting one, has anybody ever been flashed by a speed camera on a bicycle? It is one of my personal ambitions.

one day near where I work, the police had set up a squad car with a large sign showing cars what their current speed was (school zone)

so I got my sprint on to see how high I could get the radar to clock me (also wanted to verify my speedometer) and to see what the cops would do

then after getting up to 30 (about 10 over the limit) it turned out there was no one in the squad car

Riding with furniture - probably exceeding any load or size restrictions :D

At least the furniture was mine and not stolen. ;)

Tried a speed camera the other afternoon but I could only get up to 62km/hr (need to do 71km/hr we get a 11km/hr bit of leeway as the speed limit was 60). Where's Robbie McEwen when you need him.

Riding a bike while drunk is a punishable offence in New Jersey. You can loose your drivers licence same as if you were driving a car. Make sence actually and I agree with it. Though I only heard of one person being caught I think he actually drove into a police officer along the beach front here. Same applies to driving a boat as well here.

I will jump traffic lights.

Will jump bridge openings too. No this is not some Dukes of Hazzard thing but actually going around the gates on a draw bridge after it has fully closed. Keeps me out of traffic that has built up when the bridge has opened. Lots of bridges here on the New Jersey Shore

I have peed off my bike (public urination)

Thats about it. Don't expect to do any time for it.

gubaguba said:
I have peed off my bike (public urination)

wtf?! is that actually possible lol

as for speed cameras i set a few off in our local area on some hills, and one at 30mph on our main road, funny thing with this one is i hairing along pushing so hard to do it and about 25 yards past it is the entrance to my road, which kinda sweeps in so i come in around 30mph lmfao

I have carried a 25kg bag of concrete on the rack on my old bike was well funny we were nicking it to build a barbeque, is amazing how many bricks you can get on a rack if you stack em right and tie em down.. hard to keep straight tho but only a few small streets from the building site to go lmfao..

penguinonabike said:
I have carried a 25kg bag of concrete on the rack on my old bike was well funny we were nicking it to build a barbeque, is amazing how many bricks you can get on a rack if you stack em right and tie em down.. hard to keep straight tho but only a few small streets from the building site to go lmfao..
Ah! the good old times when a bicycle meant also cargo or passenger!

I saw a lot of them in Mexico! BMX bikes with pegs = buddy riding too.:D

I ride on sidewalks except where the bike cops will ticket you for it. (This is because 90% of Medford drivers are affected by a rare sight condition that renders cyclists completely invisible to them) I blow stop signs and red lights, but ONLY when NO cars are present to hit me, or see me do it. Oh, and I go 23 in 20 school zones :)

penguinonabike said:
riding while drunk is funny huh?

well sorry dont see it any different from some joker in a car drunk driving... you pose just as much danger as he does..

you would soon moan ya nuts off if the drunk driver knocked you off landing you in hospital...

definitely not funny...
as for off road footpaths well use em dont worry about the rehearsed line... nobody actually owns the land it kinda grew there in the first place... was there millions of yrs ago and will be in more to come..

bloody farmers...

What a responsible and mature attitude. Didn't know there were any people left like that in the world. :rolleyes:

The first one could mean a couple of things. Either you were angry or you ****** in public. The third one he says using pavements. Must be a Scottish expression. Sidewalks maybe is what he is referring to?
I always thought bikers had different things to abide by. I guess it is that bikes are vehicles so you need to follow the rules of the road. If that was really true that little kids wouldn't be able to ride them. Right?
I think it depends upon where you are riding. I mean in a city area you kind of need to follow the rules. Country or where there is less traffic and people you can use your judgement.

ScottishDan said:
This is a follow on thread from the "oregon manslaughter cyclist" who I believe is an idiot and deserves what he gets, however I'm fully aware that as a cyclist, I do take certain liberties. Here's my list of everyday naughty activities. Add to this list and tell me if I'm bad..

1. Cycling home from the pub ******
2. Using pedestrian crossings
3. Using pavements (occasionally but responsibly)
1. Guilty
2. Guilty
3. Guilty