My Klein frameset...

Originally posted by lokstah
Right back at ya, homie. Thanks for your advice during my (long, long, long) build period.

I love new bikes. This one feels like God's own podracer.

OK, so you designed the paint job and you got one of two runner up awards and your entry shows up with your name on the Kleinbikes.com web site.

Did you use some software program to portray the paint scheme? Which one? It looks a hell of a lot better than my entry done on MS Paint (which didn't even make "honorable mention" in the contest).

Did you actually "win" anything from being runner up?

How did you convince Klein to actually paint one for you? I didn't think you could get anything outside of their "custom pallette".

Scott, glad you like it. The original was a hand-painting, applied onto Klein's template with a little Photoshop-ing. Just putting a little of that art background to use -- it was an unusual project, but it wasn't too far from the realm of my hobby.

I know I've answered as to the source of the frame before -- admittedly, I sort of dodged the question because I didn't want to make an a$s of myself, tooting my horn over getting a prize in an art contest. The truth, though, is that the frameset was my prize (which is why I couldn't emphasize enough that I was getting a great deal on the build).

Klein doesn't advertise a runner-up prize, but I can state first-hand, they do give runner-ups prizes, or at least they did for last year's contest. The "Bones" guy got a full bike; the other two of us got framesets.

Anyways, getting them to paint it in my scheme wasn't a huge stretch, because it is (along with the "Spiked Punch" runner-up) featured in the site's BUILD YOUR OWN KLEIN custom pallette. It's the first selection on the bottom row of the paint page.

You could buy one, Scott -- it'd make me extra happy! :)

Originally posted by lokstah
Scott, glad you like it. The original was a hand-painting, applied onto Klein's template with a little Photoshop-ing. Just putting a little of that art background to use -- it was an unusual project, but it wasn't too far from the realm of my hobby.

I know I've answered as to the source of the frame before -- admittedly, I sort of dodged the question because I didn't want to make an a$s of myself, tooting my horn over getting a prize in an art contest. The truth, though, is that the frameset was my prize (which is why I couldn't emphasize enough that I was getting a great deal on the build).

Klein doesn't advertise a runner-up prize, but I can state first-hand, they do give runner-ups prizes, or at least they did for last year's contest. The "Bones" guy got a full bike; the other two of us got framesets.

Anyways, getting them to paint it in my scheme wasn't a huge stretch, because it is (along with the "Spiked Punch" runner-up) featured in the site's BUILD YOUR OWN KLEIN custom pallette. It's the first selection on the bottom row of the paint page.

You could buy one, Scott -- it'd make me extra happy! :)

That's really cool Lokstah. You came-up with a great design. I was looking at the Klein web site and I saw that "wave" (I think that's what they call it?) design a while back. Of course I had no idea it was your design. It's great that you got the frameset as a prize! I like that "spiked punch" design too. They're both way cooler than the "bones" design that took the top prize in my opinion. Congratulations!

Originally posted by meehs
That's really cool Lokstah. You came-up with a great design. I was looking at the Klein web site and I saw that "wave" (I think that's what they call it?) design a while back. Of course I had no idea it was your design. It's great that you got the frameset as a prize! I like that "spiked punch" design too. They're both way cooler than the "bones" design that took the top prize in my opinion. Congratulations!

but the bones glow in the dark!!

Originally posted by drewski
but the bones glow in the dark!!
Actually, I'm not sure if it does... his original design idea worked that way, but it doesn't seem that the finished product (which is still very nice) has a glow-in-the-dark feature. They changed mine a lot too. And gave it a lame title.

I think "Bones" makes a great dual-suspension.

Anyways, go ahead and start ordering framsets in "Waves," ok?

:cool: