My Klein frameset...

Originally posted by lokstah
A quick shot:

YES! I don't see that paint scheme on the Klein site. It looks like half Lei and half Linear Blue. Totally unique!

Did you get your DA FD issue worked out? How soon before it'll be built up?

I remember when I brought my frame home, it was a special time.

Congrats, mate. You'll love the ride. Sorry about the long wait, but it's worth it. What'll she be speced with?

Originally posted by lokstah
...is here.

Picture to follow. :cool:

Very cool, and just in time for spring....

I'd say it was well worth the wait! Hope your build-up goes well!

Thanks everyone. I'm extremely happy, after so long a wait. Extremely.

Parts are all in hand; here's the list as I remember it...

- Dura Ace 10 drivetrain; Scott, I did get the right clamp. Thanks!
- Deda Einstein stem
- 3T More carbon bars
- USE Alien Ti seatpost
- Fizik Arione (wc edition)
- 2004 Ksyrium SLs, w/Salsa Ti skewers (silver)
- Vittoria Open CX TT clincher tires, white
- Speedplay Zero Ti

All far fancier than I need and much more expensive than I can afford. Scored a lot of deals, needless to say. I'll get it to my builder tomorrow -- should be ready to fly by early next week!

Woohoo!!!!!!! I'm very happy for you Lokstah!! long wait has ended at last... The ride will now be so great. It's like being so hungry and having to wait for hours till dinner and you're in an all you can eat buffet.

Nice!! give us some feed backs soon.

Just one question: which weighs more: the frame, or that corrugated box it arrived in?? :D

(the voice of Foghorn Leghorn here) That...I say _that_ is a beautiful piece of bike!

Neil

Thanks Cipher, Neil. FYI, the frame is about 2.5 lbs... haven't weighed the box yet, but if I do, I'll let you know!

SanDiego's a nice town... I used to live there. Must be tough, riding in that gorgeous weather all friggin' year long...

:)

Pretty cool. Is that internal shift thingy going in the down tube? Do the shifter cable housing go inside the down tube also, or just the shift wires?

Originally posted by BaCardi
Pretty cool. Is that internal shift thingy going in the down tube? Do the shifter cable housing go inside the down tube also, or just the shift wires?
Thanks, dude.

Actually, I have no idea how the cable routing works -- someone like DiabloScott could probably tell ya. I haven't ripped the manual open... I just sent it off to my builder. It looks like the plastic tubing (showing, white) which is already threaded through the tubes serves as the housing -- the frame comes with extra jagwire brand housing-finishers, which I suppose you'll need if you cut the housings off at the frame and restart them on the other side.

I'm not a confident enough mechanic to have wanted to tackle this myself.

Next Klein, maybe... ;)

Those plastic sleeves are just guides to help you get the cables through the tubes. You have cable housing from the shifters to the entry hole, then the cable runs bare inside the frame. After you get the cable through the frame you take the sleeves out and save them for next time. If you didn't have the sleeves you'd have a difficult time threading the cable to the outlet hole.

Congrats on the new frame. Really beautiful. What did you ride before ? looking forward to hear what the carbon b-stay does to the q-pro.

Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

Thanks mrowkoob. I'm giddy as a schoolgirl. My current ride, which I've elected to keep, is an alloy Giant TCR; lean and mean, and super-stiff, but a hair heavier than this thing and less carbonated. It'll remain my all-purpose speed/commuter/training/racing-if-I-feel-like-it ride. This tsunami-sportin' Klein will be my weekend trophy bike.

;)

oh ho ho ho! What a frame! Sorry for the non posting people but I was in france on hols. I come back to one hell of a pretty site! Lookstah the frame is a work of art! wow! Welcome to the TEAM fella! build it up and post some pics to drool over quickly!

Originally posted by rossoreduk
oh ho ho ho! What a frame! Sorry for the non posting people but I was in france on hols. I come back to one hell of a pretty site! Lookstah the frame is a work of art! wow! Welcome to the TEAM fella! build it up and post some pics to drool over quickly!
Thanks, rosso. If I was a schoolgirl (and not a grown man) I'd be blushing.

It should be finished before the middle of the week!

Scott, rosso, other Klein owners -- a question. My builder has put in a call to Klein because he's concerned about the appearence of the headset. When he's down low, looking up past the fork into the headtube base, he claims he can see bearings, as though a seal is missing. He's waiting for an answer while I sit and pray.

What do your headset/fork junctions look like from down low?