My knee is recovered

BT Humble

Guest
I managed the 16.5km to work in 40:07 this morning. To be honest, I
had a pretty good tailwind most of the way.

Now the soreness is in my shoulders, after spending yesterday planting
trees. I thought 130 would be plenty, but it looks like I'll need
another 40 or so...

BTH

On Jul 9, 8:03 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
> I managed the 16.5km to work in 40:07 this morning. To be honest, I
> had a pretty good tailwind most of the way.
>
> Now the soreness is in my shoulders, after spending yesterday planting
> trees. I thought 130 would be plenty, but it looks like I'll need
> another 40 or so...
>
> BTH

Should be a good bonfire next year!

lemmiwinks wrote:
> On Jul 9, 8:03 am, BT Humble <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I managed the 16.5km to work in 40:07 this morning. To be honest, I
> > had a pretty good tailwind most of the way.

> > Now the soreness is in my shoulders, after spending yesterday planting
> > trees. I thought 130 would be plenty, but it looks like I'll need
> > another 40 or so...

> Should be a good bonfire next year!

Oh it will! In fact, I have already commenced construction! :-D

BTH

Bah! I hit 46km/h coming down the hill this morning, but had to slow
down when my mostly-empty pannier started swinging into the spokes.
And now my speedo is reading heiroglyphs! Oh well, it's probably
battery related.

BTH

BT Humble wrote:
> Bah! I hit 46km/h coming down the hill this morning, but had to slow
> down when my mostly-empty pannier started swinging into the spokes.
> And now my speedo is reading heiroglyphs! Oh well, it's probably
> battery related.

Could be the cold air!

I finally rode in this morning too BT. My knee is still a little still
however and I can certainly feel the fact that I haven't been on the
bike for a few weeks. The big question is should I rock up at Stromlo
circuit for training tomorrow at 6:30 am?? No harassing comments please
Simon!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

Bean Long wrote:
> BTHumble wrote:
> > Bah! I hit 46km/h coming down the hill this morning, but had to slow
> > down when my mostly-empty pannier started swinging into the spokes.
> > And now my speedo is reading heiroglyphs! Oh well, it's probably
> > battery related.

> Could be the cold air!

Maybe, but a new battery didn't fix it either. I'll dissect it
tonight, and see if I can ruin it totally (who keeps receipts? I
should...)

> I finally rode in this morning tooBT. My knee is still a little still
> however and I can certainly feel the fact that I haven't been on the
> bike for a few weeks. The big question is should I rock up at Stromlo
> circuit for training tomorrow at 6:30 am?? No harassing comments please
> Simon!

Good to hear that you're recovering. I think your injury was an order
of magnitude more serious than my own.

BTH

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:37:18 -0700, BT Humble wrote:

> Maybe, but a new battery didn't fix it either. I'll dissect it
> tonight, and see if I can ruin it totally (who keeps receipts? I
> should...)

I had a cheap Aldi computer **** itself after a ridiculously wet ride (I
had my prescription sunnies off because I could see better without them,
they were so wet and foggy). Anyway, I can't remember if I pulled it apart
first, but leaving it in front of a heater for a few days seemed to
revive it. The heater was warming the house, so it wasn't like I was just
using it to fix the bike computer!

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it

Dave wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 18:37:18 -0700,BTHumble wrote:
> > Maybe, but a new battery didn't fix it either. I'll dissect it
> > tonight, and see if I can ruin it totally (who keeps receipts? I
> > should...)

> I had a cheap Aldi computer **** itself after a ridiculously wet ride (I
> had my prescription sunnies off because I could see better without them,
> they were so wet and foggy). Anyway, I can't remember if I pulled it apart
> first, but leaving it in front of a heater for a few days seemed to
> revive it. The heater was warming the house, so it wasn't like I was just
> using it to fix the bike computer!

Yeah, I've had one fail through dampness before, but that wasn't the
problem this time. I'll just get another one, I've already got the
sensor and bracket set up after all... ;-)

BTH

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 15:18:45 -0700, BT Humble <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Bah! I hit 46km/h coming down the hill this morning, but had to slow
>down when my mostly-empty pannier started swinging into the spokes.

Tie the front straps to pull the side pocket out from the wheel.
Took me ages to work that one out.