my latest news, and request best place to ride

> I guess all the Military Spell Checker slots were full?

you must really be board to be resorting to the tired and pathetic flame of spelling.

even JD can do better than that on an off day. ;-)

~Travis

"Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > 10 minutes on Google, and we have a list of locations where the Kiowa is deployed: http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/oh-58d-
> > unit.htm
> >

> Hmm, good referance point... have to write that one down.
>
> > Only 14 choices, if I count right. Most are easy to strike off the list.
> >
> > My choices would be: Wheeler, Oahu, Hawaii! Schweinfurt, Germany Fort Carson, Colorado
>
> I have already been thinking of Fort Carson,

Ft Irwin, CA!

Greg

news:Igp%[email protected]...

> "Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > > 10 minutes on Google, and we have a list of locations where the Kiowa
is
> > > deployed:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/oh-58d-unit.htm

> > Hmm, good referance point... have to write that one down.
> >
> > > Only 14 choices, if I count right. Most are easy to strike off the
list.

> > > My choices would be: Wheeler, Oahu, Hawaii! Schweinfurt, Germany Fort Carson, Colorado
> >
> > I have already been thinking of Fort Carson,
>
> Ft Irwin, CA!
>
> Greg

did you even check the list? ;-)

Fort Irwin does not appear to have any OH-58D's.

I can check with the guy at MEPS when I go down, but from what I can see, there would be no job
related reason for me to go to Fort Irving.

~Travis

the following is my current list.
------
Schweinfort Wheeler AAF Ft. Carson

and the remaining availible choices.
------
Ft. Stewart Ft. Hood Ft. Bragg Ft. Campbell Ft. Drum Ft. Polk Budingen Cp G.Owens

these are technicaly training facilities.
--------
Ft. Rucker Ft. Eustis

unless i find out otherwise, there are the only bases that have OH-58Ds.

~Travis

"Pete" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:pXp%[email protected]...

> "Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote
> >
> > AIT is at Fort Eustis.
> >

> What you can and can't do at Basic/AIT:
> http://usmilitary.about.com/library/milinfo/blartraining.htm
>
> I spend a lot of time just down the street from there. I see a lot of obvious newbies (groups of
> mostly bald, lost-looking, 19 yr old, clumped together) at the mall.
>
> Let me know when you get a saturday off, and I'll show you the local trail(s). Maybe 3 miles
> frm Eustis.

that all depends on if I will have internet access to let you know. I would have to borrow a bike as
I can't bring my own to AIT (straight from basic to AIT. next stop home is after AIT). but, as they
say when planning around an uncertain future, we will have to play it by ear.

~Travis

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 13:54:10 -0500, Merlin wrote:

> Fort Irwin does not appear to have any OH-58D's.
>
> I can check with the guy at MEPS when I go down, but from what I can see, there would be no job
> related reason for me to go to Fort Irving.

Not as long as you don't wash out of AIT. I believe Fort Irwin has infantry. ;-)

Merlin wrote:
> the following is my current list.
> ------
> Schweinfort

3 hours down the road from me. Pop a note on the board if you end up there.

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:04:32 -0500, Merlin wrote:
> the following is my current list.
> ------
> Schweinfort Wheeler AAF Ft. Carson

Hmm, looks conspicuously like mine. ;-)

I only put Schweinfurt before Budingen because it "appears" to be a bigger facility, meaning more
choices for you (based on my 10-minute search). But I really have no idea.

The downside of being based in Europe or Hawaii is that it places you closer to some hot zones.
Those Kiowas look like something that will get shot at a lot - my 10-minute search also turned up
the ones from Schweinfurt that were sent to Bosnia, and the one that was shot down in our last
little Iraqi venture (from Wheeler, IIRC).

It also appeared that there was a unit not on that list near the Korean DMZ, if you're looking for
some real action!

Merlin wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Igp%[email protected]...

> is

> http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/oh-58d-unit.htm
>
>>>Hmm, good referance point... have to write that one down.

> list.

>>>I have already been thinking of Fort Carson,
>>
>>Ft Irwin, CA!
>>
>>Greg
>>

> did you even check the list? ;-)
>
> Fort Irwin does not appear to have any OH-58D's.
>
> I can check with the guy at MEPS when I go down, but from what I can see, there would be no job
> related reason for me to go to Fort Irving.

Change jobs! Ft Irwin would be a blast for you!

Greg

"Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I guess all the Military Spell Checker slots were full?
>
> you must really be board to be resorting to the tired and pathetic flame
of
> spelling.

Travis, You crack me up. I couldn't make this up if I tried..."board".

Besides Baker is the "Spelling Nazi". I am surprised he hasn't shown up. Must be too busy waiting
for Dave W. like a fly does sh*t.

> even JD can do better than that on an off day. ;-)
>
> ~Travis

Who's JD?

"Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> the following is my current list.
> ------
> Schweinfort Wheeler AAF Ft. Carson
>
> and the remaining availible choices.
> ------
> Ft. Stewart Ft. Hood Ft. Bragg Ft. Campbell Ft. Drum Ft. Polk Budingen Cp G.Owens
>
> these are technicaly training facilities.
> --------
> Ft. Rucker Ft. Eustis

Well, I have my doubts that you'll make it this far, but the area around Ft. Eustis has a lot to
offer NOT in regaurds to mountian biking.

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:04:32 -0500, Merlin wrote:
> > the following is my current list.
> > ------
> > Schweinfort Wheeler AAF Ft. Carson
>
> Hmm, looks conspicuously like mine. ;-)

hey, waste not, want not ;-)

> I only put Schweinfurt before Budingen because it "appears" to be a bigger facility, meaning more
> choices for you (based on my 10-minute search). But I really have no idea.

well, it looked interesting, so i kept it on the list.

> The downside of being based in Europe or Hawaii is that it places you closer to some hot zones.
> Those Kiowas look like something that will get shot at a lot - my 10-minute search also turned up
> the ones from Schweinfurt that were sent to Bosnia, and the one that was shot down in our last
> little Iraqi venture (from Wheeler, IIRC).

if i was afraid of a little action, i would have picked a state-side only job.

> It also appeared that there was a unit not on that list near the Korean DMZ, if you're looking for
> some real action!

I'm not looking for "real action". just enough to get up an adrenalin rush, but still to come
home alive.

~Travis

"R.White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Merlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > the following is my current list.
> > ------
> > Schweinfort Wheeler AAF Ft. Carson
> >
> > and the remaining availible choices.
> > ------
> > Ft. Stewart Ft. Hood Ft. Bragg Ft. Campbell Ft. Drum Ft. Polk Budingen Cp G.Owens
> >
> > these are technicaly training facilities.
> > --------
> > Ft. Rucker Ft. Eustis
>
> Well, I have my doubts that you'll make it this far, but the area around Ft. Eustis has a lot to
> offer NOT in regaurds to mountian biking.

Clip from message posted by Pete on 02/26/04 12:22PM (EST) "Let me know when you get a saturday off,
and I'll show you the local trail(s). Maybe 3 miles frm Eustis."

:p

~Travis

news:VEu%[email protected]...
> Merlin wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:Igp%[email protected]...

> > is

> > http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/oh-58d-unit.htm

> > list.

> >>Ft Irwin, CA!
> >>
> >>Greg
> >>

> > did you even check the list? ;-)
> >
> > Fort Irwin does not appear to have any OH-58D's.
> >
> > I can check with the guy at MEPS when I go down, but from what I can
see,
> > there would be no job related reason for me to go to Fort Irving.
> >

> Change jobs! Ft Irwin would be a blast for you!
>
> Greg

I'm starting to question your reasons for wanting me to go there...

there may after all be an ulterior motive.

~Travis