My legs tighten up too easily

Maybe you should try stretching?
Im really not sure if it would help much but im a long distance runner and thorough stretching is an ABSOLUTE must so give it a try i guess

xynotx916 said:
Maybe you should try stretching?
Im really not sure if it would help much but im a long distance runner and thorough stretching is an ABSOLUTE must so give it a try i guess
I was a club runner for 20 years, running and racing all distances from 10 miles to a marathon. I have to confess, not once did I ever do any stretches before or after exercise. Now at the tender age of 63 (64 in 17 days time:eek: ) I stretch as per the latest theory on stretching, that is, little or none before a ride and a good stretch of everything that will stretch (including my imagination of what I'm going to do in tomorrows training:) ) after riding.:D

wh0areume said:
As for the trainer... i bought a magnetic one last winter.
I dont know, it didnt seem to do anything except hold my bike in place and let me spin my back wheel?
Like... everytime i would switch into a harder gear, it would be the same difficulty.
i returned it and got a fluid one - same thing, so i returned that one too.

Maybe i got a bad brand or i'm too retarded to operate it... who knows. :)
Also consider a spinning bike.
If you have a fitness store nearby or a gym that has a spinning class you can go try one out before purchasing. You can sometimes find a nice used spinning bike as well.

You can vary the tension from a very easy spin to the point of where you can literally stand on the pedals with no movement.